"Bush lied, people died"; should be changed to "I'm contrite, Bush was right"

Old 05-22-2011, 02:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cologal View Post
I have no blind allegiance with any hero other than my 3 nephews who serve in the military. Bush lied and put them in harms way for idealogical reasons.... Clearly, in the case of Iraq, NOT in defense of this country.

He lied and American troops died... My nephew holds the purple heart.

And this statement does not come from any liberal talking points....
Still not seeing the big picture middle east policy that this thread is addressing. Your bias prevents you from advancing. A little sad.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Still not seeing the big picture middle east policy that this thread is addressing. Your bias prevents you from advancing. A little sad.
Hey I thought you would like the new avatar....
Old 05-22-2011, 03:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Hey I thought you would like the new avatar....
You know on my previous quote I thought I was addressing Chelsea and only now realize that was your post. Very unobservant of me. I'm sorry about that.

I can't quite tell what I'm looking at in your avatar. It seems like a sports team or class picture, but I can't enlarge it to see.

About the discussion at hand. Saying Bush lied IS liberal spin, and any fair minded student of the history of the war should know that. It's extremely unfair to say otherwise. I don't want to get into all the history of every nations intelligence saying the same thing about Iraq's weapons cache, or the fact that Iraq already used wmd's to kill Iranians and then it's own people. OK, I guess I just did, but it's a little tedious for all the old lies to still be advanced in the bias of liberal partisan politics.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:43 PM
n/a

Never happened.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Never happened.
You been in a box?
Old 05-22-2011, 06:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
You know on my previous quote I thought I was addressing Chelsea and only now realize that was your post. Very unobservant of me. I'm sorry about that.

I can't quite tell what I'm looking at in your avatar. It seems like a sports team or class picture, but I can't enlarge it to see.

About the discussion at hand. Saying Bush lied IS liberal spin, and any fair minded student of the history of the war should know that. It's extremely unfair to say otherwise. I don't want to get into all the history of every nations intelligence saying the same thing about Iraq's weapons cache, or the fact that Iraq already used wmd's to kill Iranians and then it's own people. OK, I guess I just did, but it's a little tedious for all the old lies to still be advanced in the bias of liberal partisan politics.
A couple of things....yes it could be argued that others in the administration pushed faulty intelligence and Bush was misled. There is one statement that I believe Bush lied about and that is the yellow cake statement in the State of the Union. There was evidence that is was NOT true and this statement had been removed from a previous speech. So on that one we will have to disagree.....

My other point is that members of the Bush administration and their families to this day repeat the "lies" as fact. To have closure this has to stop.... Thinks Liz Cheney.

Anyway on a happier note, my new avatar is a picture of the 2011 Villages Cup Champion Mallory Hill team of which I was a part.

You take care.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
A couple of things....yes it could be argued that others in the administration pushed faulty intelligence and Bush was misled. There is one statement that I believe Bush lied about and that is the yellow cake statement in the State of the Union. There was evidence that is was NOT true and this statement had been removed from a previous speech. So on that one we will have to disagree.....

My other point is that members of the Bush administration and their families to this day repeat the "lies" as fact. To have closure this has to stop.... Thinks Liz Cheney.

Anyway on a happier note, my new avatar is a picture of the 2011 Villages Cup Champion Mallory Hill team of which I was a part.

You take care.
Congratulations!! That was a great accomplishment and victory. Must have been a great party afterwards.

(The point is they don't believe they are lies. They still believe the intelligence had validity; and where the arms caches went is the mystery, not that they didn't exist)
Old 05-22-2011, 08:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
You been in a box?
Just using one of your favorite phrases.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
Just using one of your favorite phrases.
Psst ......c'mere ....... listen closely.......... it only works when it's true.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Psst ......c'mere ....... listen closely.......... it only works when it's true.
Richie, it seems to me "truth" is only what you annoint it to be.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Richie, it seems to me "truth" is only what you annoint it to be.
As I've pointed out before; when you disagree with my opinion it doesn't make what I've said a lie. People can distinguish between my relating of an event, or a news story, and my opinion about it.

You can do better. If I've told a lie, please point that lie out.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:18 AM
n/a

Hey guys, let's lay off the "you told a lie" - "no, you told a lie" back and forth.

Get back to the basics. Personally, I think this thread has run it's full course.

Dang, imagine Tbugs trying to be a peacemaker. Good thing I had my second cup of coffee.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Hey guys, let's lay off the "you told a lie" - "no, you told a lie" back and forth.

Get back to the basics. Personally, I think this thread has run it's full course.

Dang, imagine Tbugs trying to be a peacemaker. Good thing I had my second cup of coffee.
You're right Bugs, but I can't resist trying to get Dale to just say what he thinks instead of just trashing posters, especially me, who he disagrees with. I don't think Dale is ignorant, so I wouldn't mind hearing any opinion. It took us a while to see what the other was about and now we talk; don't often agree, but we talk. It happening like that with Xavier also. You don't have to smack me to get my attention. I'm listening.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.