Can we at least agree on this...

Old 11-28-2017, 05:58 AM
n/a

Default Can we at least agree on this...

Including elimination of ACA mandate in Senate tax reform proposals intention is to help implode the ACA, which will ultimately give the wealthy their tax cut. Are we concerned at all what the result will be on our fellow Americans that REALLY need healthcare. Are we REALLY that heartless?
Old 11-28-2017, 06:25 AM
n/a

Au Contairie

"the individual mandate is an arbitrary, pointless and painful tax on the poor. it doesn't even assist the ACA's goal of helping people with pre-existing conditions get insurance

The mandate inflates the cost of insurance products. It creates exemptions so vast that only 5% of the taxpayers are subject to it. and this tax hits people when they are at their most vulnerable after losing a job

Without the mandate the cost of supporting those with pre-existing conditions would be spread more evenly and broadly including those with employer-sponsored plans.

The individual mandate is not essential to ACA coverage expansion. it serves only to accentuate the laws inequities."

Christ Pope , Senor fellow Manhattan Institute

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-28-2017, 06:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Including elimination of ACA mandate in Senate tax reform proposals intention is to help implode the ACA, which will ultimately give the wealthy their tax cut. Are we concerned at all what the result will be on our fellow Americans that REALLY need healthcare. Are we REALLY that heartless?
Another version of "oh honey I'm so disappointed in you. "...

Notice the liberal use of the royal "we".
Old 11-28-2017, 08:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
If you feel that strongly..."adopt them"...pay for their treatments...charity...the way it's SUPPOSED to work!

I feel that only those who are deserving should get help. A bum, a criminal...WHY should "we" keep them alive? So they can steal/take some more? The poor...we support their entire lives providing housing, food, phones, TV, EVERYTHING...so WHY would I spend a $ million to give them a "lifesaving" operation? So I can KEEP paying for everything in their lives???

It's insanity. We give and give to them and get nothing but aggravation in return.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
If you feel that strongly..."adopt them"...pay for their treatments...charity...the way it's SUPPOSED to work!

I feel that only those who are deserving should get help. A bum, a criminal...WHY should "we" keep them alive? So they can steal/take some more? The poor...we support their entire lives providing housing, food, phones, TV, EVERYTHING...so WHY would I spend a $ million to give them a "lifesaving" operation? So I can KEEP paying for everything in their lives???

It's insanity.
When you speak of "THEM", who do you refer to ?

The poor ? ALL OF THEM.....no matter how they struggle and try, or just the ones YOU choose ?
Old 11-28-2017, 08:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
When you speak of "THEM", who do you refer to ?

The poor ? ALL OF THEM.....no matter how they struggle and try, or just the ones YOU choose ?
YOU help who YOU decide to help...I help who I decide to help. IF they "struggle and try"...they deserve help. If they don't, if they sit home and party all day...they DON'T deserve help and "we" should NOT be FORCED to give them up to $60,000 a year in benefits.

We spend all this money on trying to get the poor out of poverty...it doesn't work because we've made welfare too generous...they don't want to leave it.

Let me add...the poor are coming from all over the world to live in America...for free...no more struggling, plenty of food...a TV! 100 million "American's" are either a born out of country immigrant themselves or their children. 1/3 of the American population is "new"...they themselves arriving here or their child. And MOST are Hispanics! They ARE breeding us out!
Old 11-28-2017, 09:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Although you won’t get many well thought out answers on this forum your question is legitimate. The bill effectively takes money away from the “healthcare system” so one of two things must happen; total healthcare delivery will decrease or cost will be redistributed elsewhere. I’m fairly sure most of the posters on this forum have their healthcare covered primarily by taxpayers or future taxpayers and argue it is their just due. The problem is still cost and our elected leadership dares not take it on for fair of losing election contributions and support.
Old 11-28-2017, 10:10 AM
n/a

The destiny of health care costs are already cast within the ACA.
The budget office presented more than once the upward spiral of health care costs that would be triggered 3-5 years years after passage (now!).

The low premiums in the beginning did not cover those with pre existing conditions....did not cover all the children to age 24...and certainly did not take into account the ongoing subsidies that would be increasing...or that the young would pay for the old concept would fail.....to name a few.

It was forecast that as incidence/cost rates increased due to the addition of the above that eventually providers would raise premiums and cost to account for the significantly increased financial burden.

That was all brushed aside....like good old Nancy (deer in the headlights) Pelosi proposed let's pass it and then we can find out what is in it. The goal/agenda was achieved. THE BILL WAS PASSED!

But as is usually the case with politicians and those who support them or the agenda, that is all forgotten.

Now the budget forecast is in fact vigorously coming to pass. And what do we get. More budget jargon, driven by identity politics and partisan parroting BS.

Not one iota of discussion that addresses the causes....the real causes....that would take setting identity politics and party first aside. That is just not going to happen with the Pelosi/Shummer/McCain/McConnel past their prime old leaches.....the crem' de le crem of the establishment.....
and the BS distractions they generate.
None of which take into account the needs of we the people......who are just too stupid and accept what ever crumbs are tossed in their direction.

The die was and is cast. Nobody is addressing the real issue(s).
Old 11-28-2017, 03:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
Although you won’t get many well thought out answers on this forum your question is legitimate. The bill effectively takes money away from the “healthcare system” so one of two things must happen; total healthcare delivery will decrease or cost will be redistributed elsewhere. I’m fairly sure most of the posters on this forum have their healthcare covered primarily by taxpayers or future taxpayers and argue it is their just due. The problem is still cost and our elected leadership dares not take it on for fair of losing election contributions and support.
One can infer from your opening declaration you make that your position on this matter that yours is the only well thought out response and hence the only correct answer

I posted earlier and let me repeat the mandate is a tax penalty, primarily on the poor and those without employment and that fact was adjudicated by the Supreme Court.

As an example more than 34,000 families in Maine paid $15 million to the government for the high privilege of not buying Obamacare. Repeal would essentially be a tax relief for low income families

By the way CBO has a lousy record of prediction because Obamacare enrollment is 60% below its estimate and one indicator that Obamacare is in need of reform.

Actually Obama and Company intentionally design the ACA to fail so they could come back with a single payer plan ( another thread for another time). Essentially killing the individual mandate can serve the cause for both tax and healthcare reform

I wish politicians from both parties would stop the fear-mongering politicking. And, let's give get the rich a rest. The rich will always be rich and noting Washington does is going to change that. Further getting the rich doesn't put a penny more in your pocket.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-28-2017, 06:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
YOU help who YOU decide to help...I help who I decide to help. IF they "struggle and try"...they deserve help. If they don't, if they sit home and party all day...they DON'T deserve help and "we" should NOT be FORCED to give them up to $60,000 a year in benefits.

We spend all this money on trying to get the poor out of poverty...it doesn't work because we've made welfare too generous...they don't want to leave it.

Let me add...the poor are coming from all over the world to live in America...for free...no more struggling, plenty of food...a TV! 100 million "American's" are either a born out of country immigrant themselves or their children. 1/3 of the American population is "new"...they themselves arriving here or their child. And MOST are Hispanics! They ARE breeding us out!
My Thanksgiving wish wasn't answered. You didn't choke to death on a turkey bone.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
One can infer from your opening declaration you make that your position on this matter that yours is the only well thought out response and hence the only correct answer

I posted earlier and let me repeat the mandate is a tax penalty, primarily on the poor and those without employment and that fact was adjudicated by the Supreme Court.

As an example more than 34,000 families in Maine paid $15 million to the government for the high privilege of not buying Obamacare. Repeal would essentially be a tax relief for low income families

By the way CBO has a lousy record of prediction because Obamacare enrollment is 60% below its estimate and one indicator that Obamacare is in need of reform.

Actually Obama and Company intentionally design the ACA to fail so they could come back with a single payer plan ( another thread for another time). Essentially killing the individual mandate can serve the cause for both tax and healthcare reform

I wish politicians from both parties would stop the fear-mongering politicking. And, let's give get the rich a rest. The rich will always be rich and noting Washington does is going to change that. Further getting the rich doesn't put a penny more in your pocket.

Personal Best Regards:
I’m very familiar with Maine and know for a fact unharnessed healthcare costs have contributed greatly to loss of manufacturing, although it was not the only cause. The 15 million you quote amounts to squat when you consider what the cost of healthcare has done to the state. Say what you want but ACA did nothing to increase healthcare cost but shifted costs around and made healthcare available to more people. I made have missed it but what is your suggestion to address healthcare’s spiraling cost besides “let them eat cake”.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
My Thanksgiving wish wasn't answered. You didn't choke to death on a turkey bone.
F@cking liberal douches...disagree with their bullsh!t...and they want you dead.

You're such nice and tolerant people.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
F@cking liberal douches...disagree with their bullsh!t...and they want you dead.

You're such nice and tolerant people.
Listen to this.

A lecture from an obscene, hate filled, weak minded poster in words that manifest his true being.

Who doesn't this person hate and why is he even allowed in a forum in The Villages ?

Sandy was not the only person wishing, and trust me they are not all liberals...they cover all parties.

You are unanimously detested.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Listen to this.

A lecture from an obscene, hate filled, weak minded poster in words that manifest his true being.

Who doesn't this person hate and why is he even allowed in a forum in The Villages ?

Sandy was not the only person wishing, and trust me they are not all liberals...they cover all parties.

You are unanimously detested.
Detested or not, wishing someone dead is despicable.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
Detested or not, wishing someone dead is despicable.
Hmmm....interesting.

Reading your hate filled posts about anyone not white makes his post to you very tame, almost civic minded.

Tags
cut, tax

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.