CBO on Trumpcare

Old 06-26-2017, 09:44 PM
n/a

Default CBO on Trumpcare

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjboyer1 View Post
I am a paramedic/firefighter, and have had patients diverted because they were not life-threatened and not insured .......

Are you sure it was because of their financial status? And why were you doing a wallet biopsy?

None of my hospitals ever turned an ambulance away, unless they were on diversion resulting from being slammed and unable to take care of the existing patients.

Even when we didn't provide the specific service the patient was expected to require, we had to accept and stabilize the patient. Then we had to find a hospital that provided that service and would accept the patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-26-2017, 10:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Are you sure it was because of their financial status? And why were you doing a wallet biopsy?

None of my hospitals ever turned an ambulance away, unless they were on diversion resulting from being slammed and unable to take care of the existing patients.

Even when we didn't provide the specific service the patient was expected to require, we had to accept and stabilize the patient. Then we had to find a hospital that provided that service and would accept the patient.

Every state has laws that treat ambulance calls differently. I had to divert to county hospitals when a patient said that they were not insured, and their injuries/illnesses were not life threatening. I also had to transport patients FROM hospital ER's that determined that the patients were not insured and they had been stabilized to county hospitals as well.
I am sure, I did it many times.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Every state has laws that treat ambulance calls differently. I had to divert to county hospitals when a patient said that they were not insured, and their injuries/illnesses were not life threatening. I also had to transport patients FROM hospital ER's that determined that the patients were not insured and they had been stabilized to county hospitals as well.
I am sure, I did it many times.

I'm sure you did what you felt you were supposed to do, per your protocols.

I've run 2 Level One trauma systems with helicopter programs, and 2 private systems (one with 12 hospitals and one with 15 hospitals). My attorneys for all were rock solid on how we had to deal with patients coming to the ER.

Do you mind stating the general geographic area where you worked?

Old 06-26-2017, 10:29 PM
n/a

Quote:

I've run 2 Level One trauma systems with helicopter programs, and 2 private systems (one with 12 hospitals and one with 15 hospitals). My attorneys for all were rock solid on how we had to deal with patients coming to the ER.

Chicago
Old 06-26-2017, 10:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
Chicago

Understood. I had acquaintances in Chicago. It sounded like the Wild West with Cook County always at the OK Corral.

Thank you for your service. First responders, especially those in EMS, are often overlooked.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Understood. I had acquaintances in Chicago. It sounded like the Wild West with Cook County always at the OK Corral.

Thank you for your service. First responders, especially those in EMS, are often overlooked.

I have since retired, so things may have changed in the past 5 or so years because of the AHA
Old 06-26-2017, 10:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
I have since retired, so things may have changed in the past 5 or so years because of the AHA

We have both retired but somehow I don't think things are that different from when we last worked. [emoji41]

Old 06-26-2017, 10:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
We have both retired but somehow I don't think things are that different from when we last worked. [emoji41]

Are you a golfer?
Old 06-26-2017, 10:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post

You've stated that you ran hospitals for 45 years. Were you the CEO? President? COO perhaps? My dealings got me to the CFO and only higher if it was a complete supply chain proposal that would involve all management.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2017, 10:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Are you a golfer?

A duffer. I started playing when I moved here. When I was working I could never find the time to play.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
A duffer. I started playing when I moved here. When I was working I could never find the time to play.

do you mind if i PM you?
Old 06-26-2017, 11:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
You've stated that you ran hospitals for 45 years. Were you the CEO? President? COO perhaps? My dealings got me to the CFO and only higher if it was a complete supply chain proposal that would involve all management.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

COO until about 1984, then CEO of smaller and progressively larger systems (12-15 hospitals). My last job was number 2 in a publicly traded company.

Old 06-26-2017, 11:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
do you mind if i PM you?

Not at all.

Old 06-27-2017, 06:42 AM
n/a

The CBO also said that 23 million more people would be covered by Obamacare when it fact only about 11 million were.

The CBO also said that the cost of medical care would go down when Obamacare was implemented when in fact, it has gone up considerably.

The CBO is wrong more often than it is right. The only reason that they still exist is to provide jobs for politicians.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
The CBO also said that 23 million more people would be covered by Obamacare when it fact only about 11 million were.

The CBO also said that the cost of medical care would go down when Obamacare was implemented when in fact, it has gone up considerably.

The CBO is wrong more often than it is right. The only reason that they still exist is to provide jobs for politicians.
Proof?

Legitimate link(s)?

Tags
million, white, trumpcare, cbo

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.