CBO on Trumpcare

Old 06-29-2017, 03:33 PM
n/a

Please get the care you need.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:27 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
If Death Care becomes law, I can actually visualize individuals committing crimes so they can receive medical treatment in prison.
It's already done...a LOT.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I don't believe that to be true. Could you provide the statue that states that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act - Wikipedia
Old 06-30-2017, 06:50 AM
n/a

Thanks for sharing the link. I have highlighted a few phrases that I believe are relevant to your, and others, claim that ERs can not turn people away if the do not have the means to pay for services

Not all medical conditions qualify for uncompensated mandated services imposed by EMTALA, which is contrary to the misperception that many individuals assume that if they are ill, they will be treated, regardless of their ability to pay.

The sole purpose for the EMTALA mandated MSE is to require Emergency Departments to make a determination whether an emergency medical condition does or does not exist, using their normal assessment and diagnostic protocols. Since the MSE is a mandated EMTALA service, health insurers are required to cover benefits for their subscribers. They are also required to cover EMTALA mandated services necessary to stabilize individuals determined to have an EMC.
EMTALA intentionally omitted any requirement for hospitals to provide uncompensated stabilizing treatment for individuals with medical conditions determined not to be an EMC. Therefore, such individuals are not eligible for further uncompensated by courts or hospitals[edit]
A significant portion of emergency room visits are considered not to be EMCs as defined by EMTALA. The medical profession refers to these cases as "non-emergent". Regardless, this impressive term is not recognized by the law as a condition defined by the EMTALA statute. A term more relevant for compliance examination and treatment beyond the MSE.
Examples of conditions not considered emergencies with EMTALA is non-emergency medical condition. If this "non-emergent" term is used in the context of EMTALA, it needs to be defined as medical conditions that fail to pass the criteria for determination of being a true EMC as defined by EMTALA statute.
A normal pregnancy delivery. In a case reviewed by courts, EMTALA did not cover the hospital stay.[10]
If a patient is already in the hospital for another reason and develops an emergency condition, EMTALA similarly does not apply.[10]

Tags
million, white, trumpcare, cbo

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.