Chavez threatens to cut oil if US questions Vote

Old 12-01-2007, 07:27 AM
n/a

Default Chavez threatens to cut oil if US questions Vote

First of all I would like to thank the many who are using their golf cars to go everywhere possible. We need to see more.

This article appeared on line on www.cnn.com
"Chavez threatens to cut oil if US questions vote"

I always thought they would pull the plug on our oil supply. But remember "Supply and Demand"

Ladies remember when sugar went to $5 for a 5 lb bag........and sugar containers in resturarants disappeared from the tables........had to ask for sugar. I gave up sugar in my coffee and stopped making my homemade Jam...........never went back to either.

We have got to cut our use of gas.........I know a lot of people do not have golf cars and sometimes we have to drive out of the villages..................but please lets try not to use our autos................lets show them. Lets make some headlines.

Also the last Florida tomatoe grower is going to go out of business after this year. They can't compete with the imports.............Yikes, they only get $7.25 for 25 lbs.........and we get to pay $ 3.50 +/- a lb..........prices are going up because of the cost of shipping.
GAS

I am starting my seeds for a victory garden with the little space I have....I am going to try to start growing a potted tomatoe plant for the winter months.
Old 12-01-2007, 04:00 PM
n/a

Default Re: Chavez threatens to cut oil if US questions Vote

This demonstrates just how stupid and arrogant Chavez really is. The U.S. refines almost all of the oil exported from Venezuela into salable gasoline. Chavez's threat to reduce sales to the U.S. is like cutting off his nose to spite his face. Personally, I'd like to see him cut exports. The subsequent REAL shortage of motor fuel that would ensue in the U.S. will provide strong impetus to spur citizens and their elected officials to rethink drilling in places rich in oil such as the vast fields in the Artic National Wildlife Refuge. I'm certain that the wildlife will be well protected.....and I say this as a staunch environmentalist. This would substantially reduce and perhaps even elimnate U.S. dependence on foreign oil. And in the interim, we continue development of alternative energy solutions. A little pain for a lot of gain. Go ahead Chavez.....stick it to us....and see what happens.....you sophomoric moron.....sheesh.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:38 AM
n/a

Exactly JohnZ. Well said.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:02 AM
n/a

Also, build a few more refineries.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:20 PM
n/a

Politicians usually make a lot of hollow noise to get press, and anything which gives the illusion of a potential oil embargo gets more press than anything.

Chavez wants to be the next in a long line of South American more-or-less dictators who have a world image, even if it is as a loony. Who knows? Maybe some day there will be t-shirts with his face on them just like that jerk Che Guavera - and these shirts make great wipes when the dog has diarrhea....

Old 01-26-2008, 03:43 PM
n/a

If it were not for the US media, no name nuisances like Chavez would not make it any discussions any where else in the world except the bars in their home country.

Chavez' oil as a percent of the total? Statistically insignificant!!!

Future solution? First of all start pursuing all the US owned oil fields.....forget NIMBY....

Second pursue nuclear technology....we all know the technology capability to go to the moon or Mars or light years away....can certainly come up with safe energy production.

Nothing being done because we are leaving it to the powers that be in Washington and our home states. Silent majority needs to demand.....ENERGY INDEPENDANCE.....instead of sheep like line up at the pump and pay what ever it goes to today.

The silent majority gets what it deserves!!!

BTK

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.