Comedy Roast of Trump

Old 04-29-2017, 02:35 PM
n/a

Default Comedy Roast of Trump

It must be on youtube somewhere. A few years ago, Comedy Channel has a Celebrity roast of Donnie Trump. Naturally, it could not be brought back on television with him being the so-called president but it was the meanest (and most hilarious) hazing of Trump and his family you could imagine.

Truly, it would be great to re-run that for the Correspondent Dinner that Trump wimped out of attending.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
It must be on youtube somewhere. A few years ago, Comedy Channel has a Celebrity roast of Donnie Trump. Naturally, it could not be brought back on television with him being the so-called president but it was the meanest (and most hilarious) hazing of Trump and his family you could imagine.

Truly, it would be great to re-run that for the Correspondent Dinner that Trump wimped out of attending.
Amazon.com: The Comedy Central Roast of Donald Trump: Uncensored

You may have to buy the whole episode. There is a highlight YouTube.

Donald Trump Roast Best Bits | The Roast Of Donald Trump - YouTube
Old 04-29-2017, 02:55 PM
n/a

Default In Trump’s absence, ‘nerd prom’ challenged by Samantha Bee’s bash

In Trump's absence, 'nerd prom' challenged by Samantha Bee's bash | PBS NewsHour
Old 04-29-2017, 03:08 PM
n/a

You might find it on Hulu or Hulu Plus?
Old 04-29-2017, 08:16 PM
n/a

Default How to watch Samantha Bee’s “Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner”

How to watch Samantha Bee’s “Not the White House Correspondents’ Dinner” - Vox
Old 04-30-2017, 05:23 AM
n/a

Comedy roast of Trump

The month after Donald Trump's inauguration a Facebook post traveled around the globe explaining the great things that happened as a result of Trump's successful election

it included that sales of George Orwell's 1984 soared

millions of people learned the names of their federal and state representatives

people could now spell emoluments

and Alex Baldwin is great again

Hollywood people ought to thank God for Trump's election because many of the never were and /or has beens owe the continuation of their livelihood to Trump being elected

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-30-2017, 08:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Comedy roast of Trump

The month after Donald Trump's inauguration a Facebook post traveled around the globe explaining the great things that happened as a result of Trump's successful election

it included that sales of George Orwell's 1984 soared

millions of people learned the names of their federal and state representatives

people could now spell emoluments

and Alex Baldwin is great again

Hollywood people ought to thank God for Trump's election because many of the never were and /or has beens owe the continuation of their livelihood to Trump being elected

Personal Best Regards:
Good one! And I agree totally with your last statement. I'd never even heard of most of those celebrities until yesterday!
Old 04-30-2017, 09:54 PM
n/a

I'm asking a question because I don't know the answer. Have news correspondents had these comedy shows about presidents for a long time or is it something new? When did it start if the answer is known? Who was the first President to be kidded around with? It was very interesting to see the one fellow making jokes of our President. If I was in charge I would check his paperwork to be in our country legally immediately. Don't be offended, he made a joke so did I. I wonder who was covering his customer service spot at Dell while he was playing Don Rickles???
Old 05-01-2017, 07:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'm asking a question because I don't know the answer. Have news correspondents had these comedy shows about presidents for a long time or is it something new? When did it start if the answer is known? Who was the first President to be kidded around with? It was very interesting to see the one fellow making jokes of our President. If I was in charge I would check his paperwork to be in our country legally immediately. Don't be offended, he made a joke so did I. I wonder who was covering his customer service spot at Dell while he was playing Don Rickles???
White House Correspondents' Association - Wikipedia

It gives the answers a few paragraphs down.

Quote:
White House Correspondents' Dinner[edit]
Wikimedia Commons has media related to White House Correspondents' Association dinner.
The WHCA's annual dinner, begun in 1921,[4] has become a Washington, D.C. tradition and is traditionally attended by the president and vice president.[1] Fifteen presidents have attended at least one WHCA dinner, beginning with Calvin Coolidge in 1924.[1] The dinner is traditionally held on the evening of the last Saturday in April at the Washington Hilton.

Until 1962, the dinner was open only to men, even though WHCA's membership included women. At the urging of Helen Thomas, President John F. Kennedy refused to attend the dinner unless the ban on women was dropped.[5]

Prior to World War II, the annual dinner featured singing between courses, a homemade movie, and an hour-long, post-dinner show with big-name performers.[1] Since 1983, however, the featured speaker has usually been a comedian, with the dinner taking on the form of a roast of the president and his administration.

The dinner is a scholarship benefit for gifted students in college journalism programs.[citation needed]

Many annual dinners have been cancelled or downsized due to deaths or political crises. The dinner was cancelled in 1930 due to the death of former president William Howard Taft; in 1942, following the United States' entry into World War II; and in 1951, over what President Harry S. Truman called the "uncertainty of the world situation."[6] In 1981, Ronald Reagan did not attend because he was recuperating after the attempted assassination on his life the previous month.[7] Donald Trump eschewed the 2017 dinner in favor of a political rally in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, at which he continued his established practice of disparaging media organizations such as The New York Times, CNN, and MSNBC.[8]
Old 05-01-2017, 07:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
White House Correspondents' Association - Wikipedia

It gives the answers a few paragraphs down.
Thank You. Very Interesting.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Thank You. Very Interesting.
You are very welcome. Donald John Trump was this first person in US history as POTUS to thumb his nose at the Fourth Estate.

Tags
family, trump, roast, comedy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.