The consummate racist (still) continues to rant about race on the way out the door:

Old 03-19-2015, 10:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Wow! Showing some serious bromance to our racist AG over a official portrait.
Republicans must secretly love Attorney General Eric Holder. How else do you explain their failure to vote to confirm his replacement, Federal Prosecutor Loretta Lynch? The longer they refuse to vote, the longer Holder stays in his AG job.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:51 AM
n/a

The devil you know is better than the one you don't.
The plan is working.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
The devil you know is better than the one you don't.
The plan is working.

Aha...so the delay has nothing to do with the abortion poison pill that republicans added to the Human Trafficking Bill? Republicans want smaller government, except they want to have their nose in every woman's uterus to make sure her baby is carried to term.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
Aha...so the delay has nothing to do with the abortion poison pill that republicans added to the Human Trafficking Bill? Republicans want smaller government, except they want to have their nose in every woman's uterus to make sure her baby is carried to term.
Probably incorrect. Such lousy choice of words/imagery I am sure was no accident.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
Republicans must secretly love Attorney General Eric Holder. How else do you explain their failure to vote to confirm his replacement, Federal Prosecutor Loretta Lynch? The longer they refuse to vote, the longer Holder stays in his AG job.
Federal prosecutor Loretta Lynch has been sent to the back of the bus.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Federal prosecutor Loretta Lynch has been sent to the back of the bus.
Do you do nothing but read headlines from selected site ? Is that the total span of your knowledge.

Number one, Lynch vote is on hold because the Democrats halted the Human Trafficking bill. Perhaps your choice of reading did not include tat fact.

Secondly, the fellow (Durbin) who is making all this noise delayed Condelezza Rice and ultimately voted against her.

Please expand your horizons and read BOTH sides of an issue.

None of it makes sense to me,but at least I know what is going on.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:00 PM
n/a

To add to my post on WHY this logjam, I forgot to mention that the GOP has offered a resolution to the logjam, turned down by Dems before reading,,,a habit the have of NOT reading.

It does not serve their consistent rant about racism, thus whether right or wrong it will not go.

Again, to those who are offended by links to these facts, let me know and I will give you links to substantiate what I post. I doubt that ever happens; experience is that you wait till you can throw more snide, UNSUBSTANTIATED claims to feed the fire. I keep hardening back to the comments on UNINFORMED VOTERS....they are in abundance here.

And lest you think that is a right wing mantra, please I am not a strong supporter of either side, but dismiss ignorance and lack of even tryin to know what is happening.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Do you do nothing but read headlines from selected site ? Is that the total span of your knowledge.

Number one, Lynch vote is on hold because the Democrats halted the Human Trafficking bill. Perhaps your choice of reading did not include tat fact.

Secondly, the fellow (Durbin) who is making all this noise delayed Condelezza Rice and ultimately voted against her.

Please expand your horizons and read BOTH sides of an issue.

None of it makes sense to me,but at least I know what is going on.
Instead of cutting and pasting Senator Dick Durbin's words I plagiarized them. Anyway, here is the source of my post from Breitbart:

"Sen. Dick Durbin (R-IL) attacked Senate Republicans Wednesday for continuing to delay President Obama’s attorney general nominee Loretta Lynch’s confirmation, saying the GOP is asking her to “sit in the back of the bus.”

“This is the first African-American woman in the history of the United States to be nominated to serve as attorney general. It is a civil rights milestone that her name has been submitted,” Sen Dick Durbin argued.

The Senate is currently stalled on a human trafficking bill, because Democrats oppose an abortion provision in that bill. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has said the Senate will not take up the Lynch nomination until it passes the trafficking bill.

Durbin charged Wednesday that the Senate GOP Leadership has decided to “target this good woman” and “stop her from serving as the first African-American attorney general” saying Republicans have “no good reason” to delay her confirmation

“And so Loretta Lynch, the first African-American woman nominated to be attorney general, is asked to sit in the back of the bus when it comes to the Senate calendar,” Durbin said, referencing the Montgomery, Alabama Jim Crow Law that made Rosa Parks a hero of the civil rights movement.

“That is unfair. It’s unjust. it is beneath the decorum and dignity of the United States Senate,” he added.

The Senate is slated to hold more votes on the human trafficking bill this week, and while Democrats are expected to block the bill, McConnell said he will keep bringing it up.

“They’re in a position to prevent us from going forward on the bill if they choose to lock arms and do that, but I’m going to give them a chance to do that on repetitious occasions this week,” he*said*Tuesday, after reiterating Lynch will receive a confirmation vote once the bill passes."
Old 03-19-2015, 12:28 PM
n/a

It's all about denial of rights to forward a group's religious agenda. The right wing can slant it any way but the truth stands alone!
Old 03-19-2015, 12:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Instead of cutting and pasting Senator Dick Durbin's words I plagiarized them. Anyway, here is the source of my post from Breitbart:

"Sen. Dick Durbin (R-IL) attacked Senate Republicans Wednesday for continuing to delay President Obama’s attorney general nominee Loretta Lynch’s confirmation, saying the GOP is asking her to “sit in the back of the bus.”

“This is the first African-American woman in the history of the United States to be nominated to serve as attorney general. It is a civil rights milestone that her name has been submitted,” Sen Dick Durbin argued.

The Senate is currently stalled on a human trafficking bill, because Democrats oppose an abortion provision in that bill. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has said the Senate will not take up the Lynch nomination until it passes the trafficking bill.

Durbin charged Wednesday that the Senate GOP Leadership has decided to “target this good woman” and “stop her from serving as the first African-American attorney general” saying Republicans have “no good reason” to delay her confirmation

“And so Loretta Lynch, the first African-American woman nominated to be attorney general, is asked to sit in the back of the bus when it comes to the Senate calendar,” Durbin said, referencing the Montgomery, Alabama Jim Crow Law that made Rosa Parks a hero of the civil rights movement.

“That is unfair. It’s unjust. it is beneath the decorum and dignity of the United States Senate,” he added.

The Senate is slated to hold more votes on the human trafficking bill this week, and while Democrats are expected to block the bill, McConnell said he will keep bringing it up.

“They’re in a position to prevent us from going forward on the bill if they choose to lock arms and do that, but I’m going to give them a chance to do that on repetitious occasions this week,” he*said*Tuesday, after reiterating Lynch will receive a confirmation vote once the bill passes."
Not sure of what point you are trying to make ?????? Can you explain.

As I said, it was tabled because the Dems blocked the Human Trafficking bill and has nothin whatsoever to do with race, no matter how hard you and Durbin want it to be. This was announced by the GOP days ago as as soon as the trafficking bill was killed by the Dems. They have since stopped an effort to unlog jam the issue.

This has as much to do with race as Durbin's dely on Condeleeza Rice and his subsequnt no vote. I do no think that was racist and I do not see this as racist for sure. That term..racist...seems to just roll off the tongues of some.

NOW...please explain what your post means. I already said all of that prior to this post and the only reason for MY post was your comment about race...ie. the back of the bus, and I found that offensive.

What NEW information are you supplying that I did not already say ????
Old 03-19-2015, 12:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
It's all about denial of rights to forward a group's religious agenda. The right wing can slant it any way but the truth stands alone!
A drive post for sure......can you please explain EXACTLY YOU allude to....the delay as supported by almost everyone in the nation is because of the delay in the Human Trafficing bill. Any statment you make to the contrary requires an adult to show reason other than this incomplete, inaccurate, uniformed hateful post.

I am hoping you will supply details on the "groups" religious agenda...by identyfind the group and the agenda. And please also supply the truth which seems to be totally absent in this dicsussion
Old 03-19-2015, 01:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Not sure of what point you are trying to make ?????? Can you explain.

As I said, it was tabled because the Dems blocked the Human Trafficking bill and has nothin whatsoever to do with race, no matter how hard you and Durbin want it to be. This was announced by the GOP days ago as as soon as the trafficking bill was killed by the Dems. They have since stopped an effort to unlog jam the issue.

This has as much to do with race as Durbin's dely on Condeleeza Rice and his subsequnt no vote. I do no think that was racist and I do not see this as racist for sure. That term..racist...seems to just roll off the tongues of some.

NOW...please explain what your post means. I already said all of that prior to this post and the only reason for MY post was your comment about race...ie. the back of the bus, and I found that offensive.

What NEW information are you supplying that I did not already say ????

Please explain what this abortion pill that was added to the human trafficking bill, what does either one have to do with Loretta Lynch? She is being made into a human pawn in the GOP's game of blackmail.
Old 03-19-2015, 01:04 PM
n/a

Default Ferguson, mo.,in 2015 is not alabama in 1965

Ferguson, Mo. in 2015 is not Alabama in 1965. But liberals have reasons to pretend otherwise."

"The racial disparity that persists today is not evidenced that too many blacks facing the same challenges they did in 1965, "that the march is not yet finished "asserted by Mr. Obama. Rather, it is evidence that too few blacks, as Selma's mayor told NPR have taken advantage of the opportunities now available to them."

"And if voter ID laws threaten the black franchise, no one seems to have told the black electorate. According to the Census Bureau, the black voter turnout rate in 2012 exceeded the white turnout rate, even in states with the strictest voter-ID requirements"

"Liberalism moreover, tends to ignore or play down the black advancements that took place prior to the major civil rights triumphs of the 1960's and instead credits government intervention that at best continued trends already in place. Black poverty fell 40 percentage points between 1940 and 1960-a drop that no Great Society anti-poverty program has ever come close to matching. Blacks were also increasing their years of schooling and entering the white collar workforce at a faster rate prior to the affirmative action schemes of the 1970's than they were after those programs were put into place to help them"

Jason L. Riley, A Manhattan Institute senior fellow
Wall Street Journal March 18, 2015.

Sidebar: The Obama's Holder's Sharpton's advance this specious claims to advance their personal interests

The Thomas Sowell's Jason Riley's speak out in behalf od the black community to wise them up to the fact that liberals entitlements and over reaching affirmative action plans hold far too many blacks in bondage
Old 03-19-2015, 01:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Please explain what this abortion pill that was added to the human trafficking bill, what does either one have to do with Loretta Lynch? She is being made into a human pawn in the GOP's game of blackmail.
Nothing at all. It is all politics. The Human Trafficking Bill came out of comm with unanimous consent..ALL democrats and republicans voting for the bill. The democrats never ever read the bill. A lobbyist called to the Dems attention that there was a provision in the bill that disallowed taxpayer money to be used for abortions, pretty standard stuff and voted on in comm. The Dems balked and were told that if this bill, which passed with all on board in comm, there would be a delay in the AG hearings. They balked...delay. The republicans have since offered a compromise....turned down by Dems.

Politics as usual bot BOTH parties, but what has made this newsworthy is that certain Dems are crying race. They are saying, with zero basis, that hearings are delayed because Lynch is black. That gets the press and thus is now a big issue. The loudest dem crying race slowed Condeleeza Rice and voted no on here, so go figure.

That's it.....
Old 03-19-2015, 01:21 PM
n/a

Dems Mount Third Filibuster Of Sex Trafficking Bill Over Abortion Dispute

This anti-abortion provision must be stripped out of the human trafficking bill in order for it to pass. Case closed, end of discussion. If Loretta Lynch never gets confirmed, so be it. AG Eric Holder will stay on until the end of President Obama's term. Republicans worst nightmare will come true.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.