CPAC Straw Poll

Old 03-03-2015, 04:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
My focus for 2016 is going to be on the candidate that can walk into the widow maker left behind by Obama and reaffirm our adherence to the US Constitution, turn the economy around, reset relationships with our allies, repeal ObamaCare and ObamaNet, Dodd-Frank, remove the mountains of unnecessary regulations are that are strangling businesses , streamline our tax system and remove the loopholes and freebies utilized to garner votes resulting in making us competitive nationally nd internationally.

Gob Bless This Nation
The economy has been improving for what? 5 years? And you want to turn it around? That would mean having the economy get worse, you know. And they say Obama is the one who doesn't love America.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:00 PM
n/a

The more I read, the more I listen to others opinions, the more I witness the serious consequences of Obama's decision the more I am convinced that a truly conservative candidate is the best pick for Republicans if they desire to return to the White House.

My concern is that far too many potential voters do not understand how fragile this nation is becoming and that it is going to take a very strong, straight froward and ethical adult that will ignore the pressure groups, lobbyist, etc and return this nation to its exceptional status.

If you have missed it adults are missing in the Obama Administration
Old 03-04-2015, 07:41 AM
n/a

Quote:
The more I read, the more I listen to others opinions, the more I witness the serious consequences of Obama's decision the more I am convinced that a truly conservative candidate is the best pick for Republicans if they desire to return to the White House.

My concern is that far too many potential voters do not understand how fragile this nation is becoming and that it is going to take a very strong, straight froward and ethical adult that will ignore the pressure groups, lobbyist, etc and return this nation to its exceptional status.

If you have missed it adults are missing in the Obama Administration
I wonder if the Republicans remember 1964? If not, that strategy will rekindle your memory!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
I wonder if the Republicans remember 1964? If not, that strategy will rekindle your memory!
I was thinking more like Walker-Rubio against whoever the Dems nominate after Hillarys campaign implodes on various ethical issues
Old 03-04-2015, 10:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
I was thinking more like Walker-Rubio against whoever the Dems nominate after Hillarys campaign implodes on various ethical issues
Caution: remember nothing bad in Obama's past ever came close to imploding.
All Clinton needs is a gift of gab that sucks in those drinking the
extra strength party kool aide.

Also remember Obama is the poster child for qualifications not being
a factor.

She does have a distinct disadvantage of significance that Obama did not have...being able to blame the previous party in office for everything that is wrong. Not being able to throw sticks and stones for the previous 8 years has to be a major party issue.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Caution: remember nothing bad in Obama's past ever came close to imploding.
All Clinton needs is a gift of gab that sucks in those drinking the
extra strength party kool aide.

Also remember Obama is the poster child for qualifications not being
a factor.

She does have a distinct disadvantage of significance that Obama did not have...being able to blame the previous party in office for everything that is wrong. Not being able to throw sticks and stones for the previous 8 years has to be a major party issue.
In lieu of drinking kool aide, one might want to read the Fed minutes of March 2009.

FRB: FOMC Minutes, March 17-18, 2009

Or how American Iraqi casualties by month:

iCasualties | OIF | Iraq | Fatalities By Month
Old 03-04-2015, 11:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
In lieu of drinking kool aide, one might want to read the Fed minutes of March 2009.

FRB: FOMC Minutes, March 17-18, 2009

Or how American Iraqi casualties by month:

iCasualties | OIF | Iraq | Fatalities By Month
And the point to be made is what?
Old 03-04-2015, 09:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
And the point to be made is what?
The point is that some fail to remember how far this country has come in 6 years. I wonder how many people on this forum lost love ones during that war or friends or family lost their homes or jobs during this period.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:45 AM
n/a

Quote:
The point is that some fail to remember how far this country has come in 6 years. I wonder how many people on this forum lost love ones during that war or friends or family lost their homes or jobs during this period.
Hmm.....everyone in my immediate family lost their jobs in 2013-2014. Two of us are now part of the "lost numbers" - one took very early retirement under duress and the other is severely underemployed. Only one has recovered from that misfortune and did so by picking up and moving halfway across the country after job searching daily for 4 months in the area we currently live. He was able to find a job within one week when he moved to a "red" state where the economy is booming - no thanks to the feds, but to the excellent state govt where he now resides. The people who think the unemployment numbers are correct are fools - we know MANY more people in our same situation. We are no longer counted as unemployed, even though we ARE, by no fault of our own or by our own choice.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
I find the statement above to be ambiguous and unable to determine whether the intent is to complement the actions of the past 6 years to make things better.

Or lay blame to the past 6 years for the situations cited.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
I thought THIS PERIOD referred to prior to 2009 due to the links the poster was referring to in their previous post, which was my reasoning for responding about job loss in 2013-2014. Maybe poster can clarify.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:51 PM
n/a

I actually like Bobby Jindahl as a presidential canidate. He is a smart governer and mighty bright even though he is indian from India. He makes good sense when he wont take fereral funds for Louisiana and wants federal hands off his adopted state.

Dont make any difference from Obama if Jindahl isnt white. He is just as good as most caucasions. He probably got my vote.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
I thought THIS PERIOD referred to prior to 2009 due to the links the poster was referring to in their previous post, which was my reasoning for responding about job loss in 2013-2014. Maybe poster can clarify.
You are correct. The links indicate a period 6 years ago when hundreds of of our soldiers were dying in a can't win ground war and the economy was in shambles. I think one would agree that today less soldiers are dying and the economy has significantly improved. Thank you for looking at the links.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
Hmm.....everyone in my immediate family lost their jobs in 2013-2014. Two of us are now part of the "lost numbers" - one took very early retirement under duress and the other is severely underemployed. Only one has recovered from that misfortune and did so by picking up and moving halfway across the country after job searching daily for 4 months in the area we currently live. He was able to find a job within one week when he moved to a "red" state where the economy is booming - no thanks to the feds, but to the excellent state govt where he now resides. The people who think the unemployment numbers are correct are fools - we know MANY more people in our same situation. We are no longer counted as unemployed, even though we ARE, by no fault of our own or by our own choice.
Sounds like your family did not contribute to the sale of a record number of automobiles where that industry was saved by the feds. Were they able to take advantage of fantastic recovery of the stock market due to record profits by private industry? I know several blue states including California have state surpluses now that the economy is booming. Sounds like your family is a minority in the recovery. That is unfortunate.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
Sounds like your family did not contribute to the sale of a record number of automobiles where that industry was saved by the feds. Were they able to take advantage of fantastic recovery of the stock market due to record profits by private industry? I know several blue states including California have state surpluses now that the economy is booming. Sounds like your family is a minority in the recovery. That is unfortunate.
Dear Guest: Perhaps you need to take a another look the bailout of GM penalized taxpayers, ignored creditors rights unlawfully handed over a good portion of ownership to the union and only temporarily halted the bad financial situation with GM. In fact the entire bailout of the country by Obama was wasted because it was siphoned off by his greedy friends who produced nothing .

As for the stock market the only winners are the extremely rich investors and the only reason the market was doing well was because of the Fed's policy of QE and )% interest rates. The commercial investors have been on a sugar high now addicted and facing the fact that the Fed can't continue to hold back interest rates. Worse yet if you an individual that relies on CD's money market account savings accounts it has actually cost you to have banks hold your money. Retirees who relied on interest bearing accounts have lost big time. Do yourself a favor when any agency etc produces a glowing report review it with skepticism . The economy is set to take off only if the government get the heck out of the way and stops picking winners and losers such as GM and green industries that continue to fail

Personal Best Regards:

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.