Cryihng Eagle

Old 12-30-2009, 06:28 PM
n/a

Default Cryihng Eagle

"the eagle, full of the boundless spirit of freedom, living above the valleys, strong and powerful in his might, has become the national emblem of a country that offers freedom in word and thought and an opportunity for a full and free expansion into the boundless space of the future." -Maude M. Grant

BJSpencer in another thread said, "Sometimes I just want to cry when I think of what's happening in the government right now." It caused me to reflect on my TOTV ICON. Thank you for that BJ. I use the Crying Eagle as my avatar. It symbolizes the sadness of so many American patriots, hard working men and women of faith, and families who have sacrificed so much. It reflects the pain we feel when government forgets a little speech in Gettysburg reminding them that government is supposed to be "of the people, by the people and for the people".

The bedrooms in the People's house have been "rented" to political benefactors and the biggest campaign contributors. I want to cry.

Politicians have forgotten they were supposed to work "for the people" and work mostly to insure their elegant existence and lifestyle complete with big salaries and top shelf medical coverage for life. I want to cry.

Back room bribes routinely buy votes for pork barrel projects and the redistribution of wealth. I want to cry.

The White House and Congress sends our national treasure, young men and women off to war, then they pontificate endlessly about supporting them while the troops are doing battle in harms way. They do this without concurrent leadership and a conviction to win. I want to cry.

Washington subverts our intelligence and enforcement communities by denying them the tools to get the job done. American lives at home are lost. I want to cry.

God is under attack by secular movements, liberal courts and members of Congress. I want to cry.

Our Constitution is under attack by many including President Obama who is on record as saying, the "US Constitution is flawed and the nation still suffers because of that failure". I want to cry.

Navy Seals apprehend murdering "most wanted" terrorist scum and the Seals are put on trial for punching one and blooding his lip. I want to cry.

Our sovereignty as a nation is eroding in favor of a new world order that intends to tax us, raid our natural resources, as well as our national treasures and is determined to lower our standard of living forever. I want to cry.

The eagle may be crying now, but have faith, after the tears comes anger...it has already begun... anger will lead to action.. action will inspire the return of values, patriotism, democracy and the unbridled freedom from oppression that once made us the greatest, most powerful nation on earth. I want my grand kids and theirs to know America like I did. 2010 has to be the year the eagle stops crying and rises to soar and return to his place in our history. The strong, powerful and courageous eagle will lead us to the resurrection of "our boundless spirit of freedom." I choose to stop crying and fly with the eagle in 2010.....and that folks...is my New Years resolution.....2010.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo35 View Post
"the eagle, full of the boundless spirit of freedom, living above the valleys, strong and powerful in his might, has become the national emblem of a country that offers freedom in word and thought and an opportunity for a full and free expansion into the boundless space of the future." -Maude M. Grant

BJSpencer in another thread said, "Sometimes I just want to cry when I think of what's happening in the government right now." It caused me to reflect on my TOTV ICON. Thank you for that BJ. I use the Crying Eagle as my avatar. It symbolizes the sadness of so many American patriots, hard working men and women of faith, and families who have sacrificed so much. It reflects the pain we feel when government forgets a little speech in Gettysburg reminding them that government is supposed to be "of the people, by the people and for the people".

The bedrooms in the People's house have been "rented" to political benefactors and the biggest campaign contributors. I want to cry.

Politicians have forgotten they were supposed to work "for the people" and work mostly to insure their elegant existence and lifestyle complete with big salaries and top shelf medical coverage for life. I want to cry.

Back room bribes routinely buy votes for pork barrel projects and the redistribution of wealth. I want to cry.

The White House and Congress sends our national treasure, young men and women off to war, then they pontificate endlessly about supporting them while the troops are doing battle in harms way. They do this without concurrent leadership and a conviction to win. I want to cry.

Washington subverts our intelligence and enforcement communities by denying them the tools to get the job done. American lives at home are lost. I want to cry.

God is under attack by secular movements, liberal courts and members of Congress. I want to cry.

Our Constitution is under attack by many including President Obama who is on record as saying, the "US Constitution is flawed and the nation still suffers because of that failure". I want to cry.

Navy Seals apprehend murdering "most wanted" terrorist scum and the Seals are put on trial for punching one and blooding his lip. I want to cry.

Our sovereignty as a nation is eroding in favor of a new world order that intends to tax us, raid our natural resources, as well as our national treasures and is determined to lower our standard of living forever. I want to cry.

The eagle may be crying now, but have faith, after the tears comes anger...it has already begun... anger will lead to action.. action will inspire the return of values, patriotism, democracy and the unbridled freedom from oppression that once made us the greatest, most powerful nation on earth. I want my grand kids and theirs to know America like I did. 2010 has to be the year the eagle stops crying and rises to soar and return to his place in our history. The strong, powerful and courageous eagle will lead us to the resurrection of "our boundless spirit of freedom." I choose to stop crying and fly with the eagle in 2010.....and that folks...is my New Years resolution.....2010.
AMEN BROTHER!!!!! Great post.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabo35 View Post

Great Post Cabo!!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 09:22 AM
n/a

Default Hurry 2010

Well said!!!
Old 12-31-2009, 06:16 PM
n/a

Cabo: I agree with many of the sentiments that you express. However, I have two nits to pick in the interest of facts.

You quoted Obama as saying "US Constitution is flawed and the nation still suffers because of that failure".

This quote never happened.

Using Google, I find several posts on Politico.com, facebook and even on Craigslist that TALK about him saying it - but the original quote seems to come from a WorldNetDaily (wnd.com) article from 10/27/2008 talking about a tape made in 2001 at WBEZ-FM in Chicago where Obama discussed the Constitution.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=79225

Unsurprisingly, WorldNEtDaily is described as conservative - as their list of guests that I gleaned from Wikipedia is of a conservative bend. Halfway down the article, they actually start quoting the tape:

Quote:
But, the Supreme Court never ventured into the issues of redistribution of wealth, and of more basic issues such as political and economic justice in society. To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn't that radical. It didn't break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the Founding Fathers in the Constitution, at least as it's been interpreted, and the Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can't do to you. Says what the federal government can't do to you, but doesn't say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf
Look very carefully at the quote - "It didn't break free from the ESSENTIAL CONTRAINTS". In other words, Obama is quoted as AGREEING with the contraints as he considers them essential. The quote in your post comes from the first paragraph of the article that is summarizing what they say is on the tape.

Secondly, God is not under attack. Never has been. What IS under attack is the promotion of one religion or branch of religion over another on public grounds and in state-sponsored speech.

I'd like to expand on one of your points about sovereignty. If the rest of the world is so determined to "raid our national resources", they'll find we don't have many left. We don't have many national treasures left either. Quite frankly they're already taxing us and we let them do it as we pay a HUGE portion of the world's defense bill.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.