Dan Rather on Donald Trump.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It wasn't and actual quote but rather an illustration of the sorry state of journalism in general and Dan Rather in particular.

There was a time when journalists took pride in their work, would investigate a story and tell the truth because their word was their bond.
Not so much anymore. These days, as Prof. Glen Reynolds likes to say, "Journalists are Democratic operatives with by lines.

Dan Rather put forward a story he knew to be false in order to advance a political agenda. He is a dishonorable man and has no standing criticizing Donald Trump.
It wasn't an actual quote. You made something up.

And Rather is accused of not investigating his resources about Bush taking liberties with his company commander. This means Rather's entire lifelong work is just white trash.

And that's fair.

It would be an easier pill to swallow if all conservatives were atheists.
Old 06-02-2016, 10:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
It wasn't and actual quote but rather an illustration of the sorry state of journalism in general and Dan Rather in particular.

There was a time when journalists took pride in their work, would investigate a story and tell the truth because their word was their bond.
Not so much anymore. These days, as Prof. Glen Reynolds likes to say, "Journalists are Democratic operatives with by lines.

Dan Rather put forward a story he knew to be false in order to advance a political agenda. He is a dishonorable man and has no standing criticizing Donald Trump.
So you made something up and ridicule Dan Rather at the same time?
Old 06-03-2016, 04:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
Why? Because he accused Bush of not honoring his military commitment. Did I miss something?
Apparently, you did. Rather LIED about Bush. He didn't just accuse or question, but outright lied. He defamed Bush and he got fired for it. Rather used fraudulent Killian memos to discredit Bush. Rather has always been arrogant anyway, so his absence is hardly noticed, since he was fired. He will never rebuild his credibility again.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Apparently, you did. Rather LIED about Bush. He didn't just accuse or question, but outright lied. He defamed Bush and he got fired for it. Rather used fraudulent Killian memos to discredit Bush. Rather has always been arrogant anyway, so his absence is hardly noticed, since he was fired. He will never rebuild his credibility again.
I missed this too.

"The authenticity of the memos was challenged almost immediately, and many (probably most) people assume they were quickly shown to be fakes. But this is not the case: their authenticity was easily placed in doubt, but nothing more. The “independent” investigation CBS initiated (headed by former Attorney General Richard Thornburgh, who was appointed by Bush’s father — no ethical conflict there, right?) could not say if the memos were authentic or not. As NPR reported after Rather decided to sue CBS:"http://www.salon.com/2015/10/17/george_w_bushs_military_lies_the_real_story_about_ the_undeniable_service_gaps_he_got_away_with/

I never had much of an interest in these stories. I was too busy with work and family to bother at the time. But all of this was coming out when Kerry was being slammed with the Swift Boat campaign. So you had the President with a very soft duty and the contender who served in Vietnam looking like a traitor. I forgot all that. lucky you, i'm not busy now
Old 06-03-2016, 05:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
I missed this too.

"The authenticity of the memos was challenged almost immediately, and many (probably most) people assume they were quickly shown to be fakes. But this is not the case: their authenticity was easily placed in doubt, but nothing more. The “independent” investigation CBS initiated (headed by former Attorney General Richard Thornburgh, who was appointed by Bush’s father — no ethical conflict there, right?) could not say if the memos were authentic or not. As NPR reported after Rather decided to sue CBS:"http://www.salon.com/2015/10/17/george_w_bushs_military_lies_the_real_story_about_ the_undeniable_service_gaps_he_got_away_with/

I never had much of an interest in these stories. I was too busy with work and family to bother at the time. But all of this was coming out when Kerry was being slammed with the Swift Boat campaign. So you had the President with a very soft duty and the contender who served in Vietnam looking like a traitor. I forgot all that. lucky you, i'm not busy now
And you slam Bush also. Bush submitted a request for WestPac orders and was turned down. In case you are not familiar with WestPac orders, those of us that served understand the term to mean a request to serve in Vietnam. I had orders to be in the Honor Guard at 8th and I st, Washington, D.C. out of boot camp. I immediately submitted my request for WestPac orders and received them. Also, in case you don't understand anything about being in the National Guard, they also serve overseas. 6,140 National Guard members died in Vietnam. "Soft duty?" He served, regardless of anyone's impression of what constitutes "soft duty." I was in the USMC and considered all the other services "soft duty" in comparison. Right or wrong, it was Marine pride that was instilled into us in boot camp. Bush served, which is more than most of our elected officials of today can claim.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:42 AM
n/a

Dan Rather is a cowardly political ankle biter, not to be taken seriously. He is nothing more than a Michael Moore wannabe.
Old 06-03-2016, 05:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
Dan Rather is a blatant liar, past and present. The only liar worst then this sh*tbird is Killary Clinton.

And for that dummie that posted that Rather just "stretched the truth a little" you have to be kidding. He got fired because it was even too much for the liberals.

Brian Williams?
Old 06-03-2016, 05:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
And you slam Bush also. Bush submitted a request for WestPac orders and was turned down. In case you are not familiar with WestPac orders, those of us that served understand the term to mean a request to serve in Vietnam. I had orders to be in the Honor Guard at 8th and I st, Washington, D.C. out of boot camp. I immediately submitted my request for WestPac orders and received them. Also, in case you don't understand anything about being in the National Guard, they also serve overseas. 6,140 National Guard members died in Vietnam. "Soft duty?" He served, regardless of anyone's impression of what constitutes "soft duty." I was in the USMC and considered all the other services "soft duty" in comparison. Right or wrong, it was Marine pride that was instilled into us in boot camp. Bush served, which is more than most of our elected officials of today can claim.
I didn't know Bush submitted a request for WestPac orders. That changes everything, doesn't it? I'll bet most people don't know that fact. It's hard to find that on the Internet.

Thank-you for serving. Me and mine are in your debt and I meant you no disrespect.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
I I'll bet most people don't know that fact. It's hard to find that on the Internet.

Wait, Wikipedia is not 100% accurate? Reality and the internet are no where even in the same dimension. I noticed this years ago when I noticed that some of my friends became closer to people online than in person. Then, their reality could be anything they wanted it to be (right down to their sex/race/location).

Rather, Williams and much of the rest of the "press" are not a far cry from the same separation of reality, and what they want reality to be. Some, like Rather think that reality is what ever you pretend it is - just like if I pretend I am a woman, I guess I get to use their bathroom...
Old 06-03-2016, 06:19 AM
n/a

Quote:
Wait, Wikipedia is not 100% accurate? Reality and the internet are no where even in the same dimension. I noticed this years ago when I noticed that some of my friends became closer to people online than in person. Then, their reality could be anything they wanted it to be (right down to their sex/race/location).

Rather, Williams and much of the rest of the "press" are not a far cry from the same separation of reality, and what they want reality to be. Some, like Rather think that reality is what ever you pretend it is - just like if I pretend I am a woman, I guess I get to use their bathroom...
Is your point that before you believe anything you read be certain you have other corroborating reliable sources? That's fundamental lesson taught in middle school by teachers in many different disciplines. School Librarians also give this lesson.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:07 AM
n/a

the whole Republican Establishment has been attacking her for twenty-five years.

And for good reason due to her and slick willie's criminal activity. Course the Liberal new agencies not going to.

Dan Rather good example of how the news media spins there political agenda at ALL costs. Even if it cost them the JOB.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:10 AM
n/a

considered all the other services "soft duty" in comparison

So others that died in VN was soft duty. ANYBODY THAT lived through it was soft DUTY compared to those that DIED! Jesus
Old 06-03-2016, 07:23 AM
n/a

Quote:

So others that died in VN was soft duty. ANYBODY THAT lived through it was soft DUTY compared to those that DIED! Jesus
Nothing is softer then not serving at all. Did anyone suggest that others who died in Vietnam had soft duty? I'll reread the posts. I hope that wasn't inferred by anything I said. If so, I apologise.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
I didn't know Bush submitted a request for WestPac orders. That changes everything, doesn't it? I'll bet most people don't know that fact. It's hard to find that on the Internet.

Thank-you for serving. Me and mine are in your debt and I meant you no disrespect.
Sorry if I came across tough. Didn't mean to. Hard to put words down without someone taking it the wrong way. I did not take the comment as disrespectful. We can't take political discussion personally, and I hope that I did not come across like that. And, thank you for your kind words.
Old 06-03-2016, 08:16 AM
n/a

Quote:

Dude, how about going back and reading that WHOLE comment over again. You seem to have missed the point and certainly did not read the sentence after the one you quoted. You have totally misconstrued the post.

Tags
back, trump, donald, dan

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.