Death Of a Thousand Cuts

Old 07-16-2011, 08:16 PM
n/a

[QUOTE=dklassen;371512]You always forget one thing. JOB'S. Low unemployment = more tax payers = more revenues the government. Here's the dirty little secret. Less people taking, more people producing.

JOB'S JOB'S JOB'S JOB'S. More jobs, less taxes, smaller government, less spending, balanced budget amendment. Kindergarden 101.

Can anyone tell me how Obama's higher taxes he's locked into are going to produce more jobs?

To answer your question directly, It doesn't produce more jobs because it is a revenue enhancement technique. The type of loopholes that Obama is trying to close have no stimulative effect because the rich people that are affected deny themselves nothing.

I must admit that Obama is waging economic warfare on the rich. The very wealthy are whores who are totally indifferent to the fate of the American Middle Class.

Let them eat cake. Marie Antoinette never said it, but it does indicate a supreme ignorance of the day to day struggle of the lower economic classes. N'est Pas?

By the way the corporations are sitting on two trillion dollars in cash. Why are they not helping out?
Old 07-16-2011, 08:56 PM
n/a

You're looking for the wrong cause and effect. It's not that high taxes cause jobs. Canada, for one, is demonstrating that jobs can be created despite high taxes - that if the situation is right, the higher taxes don't matter as much.

Among the other things they have going in their favor is that they didn't let their banks go so far out of whack that they needed unbelievable bailouts - and the government didn't go nuts on spending with the higher taxes. They raised the taxes first, THEN spent within their means (for the most part)
Old 07-18-2011, 07:48 AM
n/a

How about a simpler approach? American companies like GE are having record profits in their off shore operations. GE and all the others are keeping those profits over seas to avoid paying the taxes on bring that money home.
It has been proposed that a reduced rate be charged to incent these companies to bring the money back to the USA to invest in America.

As a result up to a trillion dollars is pent up in Europe alone.

And of course this would not be a good idea for Jeff Immelt at GE...as it could put GE in a position to pay taxes....remember GE paid less in taxes in 2010 than most of us did!!!!

Business as usual in Washington whether and R or a D is on the door.

btk
Old 07-18-2011, 07:54 AM
n/a

VK my suggested was not intended to solve the problem. Only to point out there are actions as simple as what I suggested that would reduce the speed at which we are ruining this country financially.

As in other posts of mine....when the government is not doing the basic business like blocking and tackling to put forth solutions that result in a different direct or out come....the as we the people have become accustomed to....nothing, as usual happens.

No accountability! No responsibility! Business as usual in Washington.....and at home!!

btk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.