Decline of Political Forum

Old 06-05-2017, 08:33 PM
n/a

Default Decline of Political Forum

I have been reading and posting on this forum for a few years and it started out good.

Topics would be political and they would be discussed with vigor. It was give and take.

Now, the forum is very few regular posters who actually want to discuss and the majority of posters who just want to spout off insults, intimidate other posters, or just insult posters, political figures, or entire races.

It used to be a fairly intelligent group but now almost all that is gone.

What happened and why?
Old 06-05-2017, 09:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I have been reading and posting on this forum for a few years and it started out good.

Topics would be political and they would be discussed with vigor. It was give and take.

Now, the forum is very few regular posters who actually want to discuss and the majority of posters who just want to spout off insults, intimidate other posters, or just insult posters, political figures, or entire races.

What happened and why?
Women...

Send them packing and the men can discuss rationally again...
Old 06-05-2017, 10:14 PM
n/a

I'm glad you both posted this. I'm sorry for my out of line rants that are out of charecter for me. You all deserve better, I was wrong for the language I used and I'm really going to try to not do it again. I never cursed or got loud at home with my second family, the one I have now because I learned from my mistakes during the first time around. Yesterday I read about face to face conversations being better and I agree but when you're dealing with someone who is about as stable as Jello it may not be a good idea. I respect every single person on here even the ones with an opinion that is not in the same area code as mine but there is one person who is beyond repair and who I will not deal with anymore. I'm here for the back and forth and you can actually learn on here and expand your thoughts if you can spend the time talking about issues without any personal attacks. It was interesting some time back but has turned into the Wild West.

How do we straighten it out on our own before the powers that be take this Forum away?
Old 06-05-2017, 10:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty
I'm glad you both posted this. I'm sorry for my out of line rants that are out of charecter for me. You all deserve better, I was wrong for the language I used and I'm really going to try to not do it again. I never cursed or got loud at home with my second family, the one I have now because I learned from my mistakes during the first time around. Yesterday I read about face to face conversations being better and I agree but when you're dealing with someone who is about as stable as Jello it may not be a good idea. I respect every single person on here even the ones with an opinion that is not in the same area code as mine but there is one person who is beyond repair and who I will not deal with anymore. I'm here for the back and forth and you can actually learn on here and expand your thoughts if you can spend the time talking about issues without any personal attacks. It was interesting some time back but has turned into the Wild West.

How do we straighten it out on our own before the powers that be take this Forum away?
So you're glad Racist/Misogynist Boy Baldwin...wants women removed from this forum?

Wow...just wow!
Old 06-05-2017, 10:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Women...

Send them packing and the men can discuss rationally again...
Guess who!!!!
Old 06-06-2017, 02:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandtrap328 View Post

What happened and why?
What happened was those of us who like to debate decided it is not worth arguing with a bunch of masterdebators. We all know who they are...I use my time now for more productive things, like playing backgammon online...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. The political forum isn't going to change because the same people are allowed to rant non-stop about the same topics. I mean, seriously, I think the horse is dead already. Stop the beatings...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2017, 03:57 AM
n/a

Political Talk is a microcosm of what is good and bad about this nation.

Being able to freely discuss one's political, religious and philosophical views is a right in this nation and one we should protect.

It is difficult to pinpoint just one cause for such a decline but each of us has had a hand in it one way or another.

Indeed the behavior of some has gone beyond the pale

And so one way to deal with the state of Political Talk today is employ the ignore list on those individuals whose only purpose for being on this forum is to level and ridicule with personal and vile attacks on posters.

Secondly for those few radicals who appear to have lost any sense of sound reasoning just do not respond.

Thirdly, when a thread is absolutely without anything redeemable just pass it by.

Unfortunately and reluctantly all of those measures have to be taken because Political Talk has become the lawless and wild west and there is not going to be a sheriff coming into town. A number of poster including this OP have made several attempts pleas, etc for civility and it all was met with contempt.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 06-06-2017, 05:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Political Talk is a microcosm of what is good and bad about this nation.

Being able to freely discuss one's political, religious and philosophical views is a right in this nation and one we should protect.

It is difficult to pinpoint just one cause for such a decline but each of us has had a hand in it one way or another.

Indeed the behavior of some has gone beyond the pale

And so one way to deal with the state of Political Talk today is employ the ignore list on those individuals whose only purpose for being on this forum is to level and ridicule with personal and vile attacks on posters.

Secondly for those few radicals who appear to have lost any sense of sound reasoning just do not respond.

Thirdly, when a thread is absolutely without anything redeemable just pass it by.

Unfortunately and reluctantly all of those measures have to be taken because Political Talk has become the lawless and wild west and there is not going to be a sheriff coming into town. A number of poster including this OP have made several attempts pleas, etc for civility and it all was met with contempt.

Personal Best Regards:
Can't take the heat...stay out of the kitchen.

Let's try it for a week...no women for a week...see how it goes.

They have their own forum to chat and gossip.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
What happened was those of us who like to debate decided it is not worth arguing with a bunch of masterdebators. We all know who they are...I use my time now for more productive things, like playing backgammon online...

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. The political forum isn't going to change because the same people are allowed to rant non-stop about the same topics. I mean, seriously, I think the horse is dead already. Stop the beatings...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Are you talking about me? Ranting on and on about the destruction of America due to the growing Hispanic majority? It's THE reality. It IS happening. Whites have already dropped from 90% of the population to 50%. The country has already dropped from #1 to #25.

The horse...America...is ALMOST dead...but not quite...it CAN be saved but it'll take drastic measures...measures we're not willing to take. And then, in 30 years...it'll be too late.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:10 AM
n/a

Quote:

What happened and why?
It has been about 10 years for me...I think 2007 was when political was born (as a debate on a proposed horse "track on 301)

Right now, it is not enjoyable, informative or anything we should get out of political discussion.

Nobody can take the high road. I admit, I got bogged down, but I think what I am constantly mocked about...sharing our reading and hopefully morph into conversation....Is a good thing. I stopped the last few days and keep being asked to inks.

My believe is that many persons use this as entertainment, and will simply hijack every thread. Everyone should offer credence or their views, but alas.

I know you have been around on here for years also. Recall, he Russian websites and fake news sites didn't exist and thus the fodder for much of this did not exist.

It is discouraging...I m tired of being lectured
Old 06-06-2017, 07:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
It has been about 10 years for me...I think 2007 was when political was born (as a debate on a proposed horse "track on 301)

Right now, it is not enjoyable, informative or anything we should get out of political discussion.

Nobody can take the high road. I admit, I got bogged down, but I think what I am constantly mocked about...sharing our reading and hopefully morph into conversation....Is a good thing. I stopped the last few days and keep being asked to inks.

My believe is that many persons use this as entertainment, and will simply hijack every thread. Everyone should offer credence or their views, but alas.

I know you have been around on here for years also. Recall, he Russian websites and fake news sites didn't exist and thus the fodder for much of this did not exist.

It is discouraging...I m tired of being lectured
Links are a good thing. In real debates you do have to support what you say with evidence unlike the Political Forum on TOTV.

The constant lack of logic and courtesy on the Political Forum and the 6th Grade maturity level probably keep a lot of good people away.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
Links are a good thing. In real debates you do have to support what you say with evidence unlike the Political Forum on TOTV.

The constant lack of logic and courtesy on the Political Forum and the 6th Grade maturity level probably keep a lot of good people away.
It's the women...they "feel" a certain way about something..."it's just right" or "it's just wrong"...and they won't listen to any argument to the contrary...no matter the facts.

We need a "men only" and ANYTHING goes forum. Where WE can speak OUR mind without the women fainting...or wailing. OUR "smoking room" to discuss OUR issues.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:36 AM
n/a

Quote:
It's the women...they "feel" a certain way about something..."it's just right" or "it's just wrong"...and they won't listen to any argument to the contrary...no matter the facts.

We need a "men only" and ANYTHING goes forum. Where WE can speak OUR mind without the women fainting...or wailing. OUR "smoking room" to discuss OUR issues.
Your constant issue is hatred of any one not white and male.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:51 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

Two things. Continuous "out of line" rants become one's character. And one can't say they respect everyone, and then single people out.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2017, 08:55 AM
n/a

Quote:

Oh chi, gonna take your ball and go home??

Tags
forum, political, posters, decline

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.