Don't like Democrats? Do this and the Senate will be BULLET PROOF against them.

Old 01-13-2018, 02:09 AM
n/a

Default Don't like Democrats? Do this and the Senate will be BULLET PROOF against them.

Don't like Democrats? Do this and the Senate will be BULLET PROOF against them.

Subject: Repeal of the 17th Amendment, i.e. returning election of Senators to the State Legislature instead of popular election.

What's bad about 'popular' is all you have to do is get the 'rabble vote' of the state's biggest cities and that's it, esp. the coastal states like NY and CA . You may have seen elsewhere on the board and attached below.

In the posting below, yours truly is in "shriek mode", for various "marketing" reasons.

In a more relaxed setting, such as being in the presence of veterans and discussing military service, I though I'd advance an aspect of Repealing the 17th that has bearing on the military, namely, the Senate's authority to declare war under the Constitution.

Backing up for a moment, my 'sales pitch' for Repealing the 17th has 3 benefits for American values (i.e. Type 1 laws: good; Type 2 laws: bad):
1) no state legislature is going to send an aggressive big-government liberal to Washington to turn around and start imposing hellish Federal impositions on the States (taxes, regs, social engineering and environmental laws).

2) no state-legislature Senate is going to send corrupters of American values to the Supreme Court (e.g. Ginsburg)

3) Pertinent to military matters: a state legislature-elected Senate will be much more concerned about:
a) having its war-making authority respected

b) being Very deliberate in decisions about declaring war

(PS: now a "romper room", the Senate used to be called 'the deliberative body' (as opposed to the House)).

Since WWII, war-making decisions have degraded to basically nothing; in this sense we are no longer a Republic but have turned into an Empire, and the Emperor makes war decisions, very contrary to the Founders' intent.

So, with that as a setting, what would "the list" of American wars look like if they had to have been Declared by a state legislature-elected Senate? I submit that that list would be shorter, and those wars would be shorter as well. We can discuss that or leave to the imagination as preferred.

I would ask, however, to look to the future and what can be given to future generations, i.e. returning to future generations what the Founders gave us in the first place, namely a huge barrier to American involvement in war.

Repeal of the 17th Amendment.

No matter how corrupt they may be, no State Legislature is going to send a Femo-Fascist (like Hillary Clinton) to Washington, who then turns around and tries to impose mountains of Federal crap on the States, e.g. gun control, Obamacare, environmentalism, touchy-feely laws, taxes-taxes-taxes, etc.

The minute they become Beltway-too-big-for-their-britches, they get yanked out of office by the State Legislature.

The Founding Fathers understood this simple mechanism and check on the Federal Govt. They also hated democracy, for the disgusting reasons we can see in Femo-Fascism.

We can start to turn back the Femo-Fascist tide of sewage by Repealing the 17th Amendment.

If not sure why Femo-Fascism is the tide of sewage referred to above, please see Type 2 Laws discussed at

The structure of politics

Old 01-13-2018, 08:21 AM
n/a

Old 01-13-2018, 08:52 AM
n/a

Old 01-13-2018, 10:37 AM
n/a

Old 01-13-2018, 02:49 PM
n/a

Old 01-13-2018, 06:39 PM
n/a

Old 01-14-2018, 08:24 AM
n/a

Old 01-14-2018, 10:25 AM
n/a

Old 01-14-2018, 01:12 PM
n/a

As I recall from taking the oath of enlistment “I will support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic....”
It takes Congress and the President to make changes.
I think it’s time to adjust my medications.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
As I recall from taking the oath of enlistment “I will support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic....”
It takes Congress and the President to make changes.
I think it’s time to adjust my medications.
Should have had a military coup a LONG time ago. A LONG LONG time ago. Like the Civil War... The military should have told Lincoln to shove it...the Confederate States had EVERY right to secede.

But when the generals get paid off...nothing happens. Our generals are paid off. They ALL go into lucrative corporate/government positions when they "retire".

There's a LOT of money to be made in war.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:12 PM
n/a

Tags
state, senate, laws, 17th, states

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.