Dont you love the media....

Old 02-16-2015, 08:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
And since foreign policy is going to play a big part in the next election, what exactly is his foreign policy experience?
Quote:
Same or more than the current President had !!!!
Which would be nowhere near what former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton has.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Which would be nowhere near what former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton has.
BUT...BUT....

She is rich...how will she handle the wealth...middle class shrinkage, etc.

Oh, and she lost to Obama in 2008......oh...lots of things.

Dumb comparison in my view. We have seen Presidents with NO experience do well and folks with lots do poorly.

LEADERSHIP is the answer...LEADERSHIP is what to look for. Succesfull people are leaders who can recognize the talent....
Old 02-16-2015, 10:12 PM
n/a

So I went and read the NYT piece on Walker. In it are a whole lot of criticisms of the Governor's education politics. One part was wrong, it has been removed with a footnote at the bottom documenting the error. Any disagreement with the other material in Collin's piece? How about his plan to allow people with absolutely no training in how to teach, manage a classroom, develop a lesson plan, recognize a learning disability etc. to get teaching licenses in Wisconsin because they have "life experience". I guess if you don't finish getting your own degree you don't value the worth and achievement of other who do finish.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
Gov Walker has accomplished great things with the Wisconsin economy, won election three times in a blue state, and is experienced and well spoken....i think this trumps a degree from college anytime.
You are not giving me the evidence about "great things with the Wisconsin economy"

Under Scott Walker, Wisconsin lags U.S. in wage, job growth, 'Meet the Press' host Chuck Todd says | PolitiFact Wisconsin

Quote:
The fact is that over Walker’s full term in office, which began Jan. 3, 2011, the state’s job gains have been well below the national average, and rank (in percentage terms) only ninth among all 12 Midwestern states.

Our calculations are based on seasonally adjusted figures for total nonfarm employment from the Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Current Employment Survey, which is the most timely and most commonly used measure of employment at the state and national levels. It is also the source cited by Walker’s ad to support his “top four” claim.

And what those figures show is that as of September, the most recent figures available and the last that will be released before Election Day, the state has gained 4.3 percent in total employment since Walker took office. Meanwhile, the United States as a whole has gained 6.6 percent during the same period.
Still Spinning Wisconsin Voters

As to your assertion that Wisconsin is a blue state... Republican governor, Senate 19 R 14 D, Assembly 63 R 36 D. Of course some of that is due to gerrymandered districts, a whole different topic. US Senate 1 R, 1 D, US House 5 R, 3 D. Doesn't seem like such a blue state to me
Old 02-16-2015, 10:47 PM
n/a

Quote:
And since foreign policy is going to play a big part in the next election, what exactly is his foreign policy experience?
I'd rather have someone with leadership ability as POTUS advised by foreign policy experts than the Selfie in Chief we have in there now
Old 02-18-2015, 09:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
So I went and read the NYT piece on Walker. In it are a whole lot of criticisms of the Governor's education politics. One part was wrong, it has been removed with a footnote at the bottom documenting the error. Any disagreement with the other material in Collin's piece? How about his plan to allow people with absolutely no training in how to teach, manage a classroom, develop a lesson plan, recognize a learning disability etc. to get teaching licenses in Wisconsin because they have "life experience". I guess if you don't finish getting your own degree you don't value the worth and achievement of other who do finish.
Well, let’s be honest … anyone who picked up the NYT knew beforehand the Collins article was intended to be a hit piece, not some type of pristine, balanced investigative journalism. I’m surprised she even bothered to correct her error. I would have thought she would just say “well, even if it wasn’t true, it could have been” …ie similar to the Rolling Stone article on the rapes, crimes etc connected with the UVa fraternity culture.

The real problem in academia today is there is essentially zero diversity in thought. The faculties are about 9 to 1 liberal, and what used to be education is morphing into ideological indoctrination.

My solution: modify the diversity laws to mandate ideological diversity on the faculties of any college / university that takes federal money, in rough approximation to the population. Right now, it’s unbalanced … in more ways than one.

Maybe President Walker will, with a Republican Congress, pass such a law?
Old 02-19-2015, 06:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dear guest: You may want to direct that question to Bill Gates

What office is Gates running for?
Old 02-19-2015, 07:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Should a college drop out even be considered? It would seem that Gov Walker lacked the initiative to go back and earn a few credits over a period of 20 years.

This might be a good topic for a new thread. Should POTUS have a college degree? Most entry-level jobs require one these days, why not POTUS.
No, of course not. That would be way too "based on merit" and proven leadership ability vs relying on paper based credentials from a degree. As one who has a BS and MBA, the only capable leaders I've ever encountered in industry, the military or government have always had some type of degree. I've also noticed that success correlates nearly 100% with GPA. After all, we only want enlightened people, and most especially if they are capable of nuance like Marie Harf.

Thus, I would support any statist move you might want to suggest to repress the Walker campaign ... especially since it looks like he will clean Elizabeth's Warren's clock. Hillary won't get the nomination IMHO)

Thus, I agree ... Any POTUS candidate MUST have a degree!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.