Dont you wonder how certain segments of our society

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-07-2015, 10:54 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Dont you wonder how certain segments of our society

feel about this....

"New documents reveal that the Obama administration has issued roughly 5.5 million work permits to non-citizens without Congressional authorization.

The documents, obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request by the conservative-leaning Center for Immigration Studies demonstrate what critics call a “shadow” or “parallel” immigration system that infringes on employment opportunities for Americans, Fox News reported Saturday.

The new information has prompted Alabama GOP Sen. Jeff Sessions to call for an investigation."


Read more: Obama administration issues 5.5M work permits to non-citizens; Jeff Sessions wants investigation - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Been out of work for awhile...this should make your day !!
  #2  
Old 02-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

So we’re forcing Americans out of the workforce and onto Welfare. We’re bringing in illegals to work and eventually they will go on some type of Welfare too. Who the Hell is paying for all this?

Kiss America goodbye (if you haven’t already done so).
  #3  
Old 02-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We all know who is paying for this - each and everyone of us that pays taxes.
  #4  
Old 02-08-2015, 10:08 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

In all fairness, many of the visas are H-1B visas. These enable foreign workers to come to this country and work in industry. These are the types of folks you're gonna find on welfare. If you're still in the workforce, these folks will be your boss.

Many fortune 500 companies are clamoring to get more H-1B visas. Many of these folks come from India and have advanced manufacturing or science degrees...Masters and PhD's. Major manufacturing companies are having trouble filling position for these types of degrees.
  #5  
Old 02-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

previous post should say:

These are the types of folks you're NOT gonna find on welfare
  #6  
Old 02-08-2015, 11:20 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

The president keeps trying to get the congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform. The house won't even vote on the bipartisan senate bill which was passed in 2013. Perhaps if he keeps acting on his own, the congress will get it in gear and at least have an up or down vote. Otherwise, republicans can kiss good-bye their chances of winning the White House.
  #7  
Old 02-09-2015, 12:29 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The president keeps trying to get the congress to pass comprehensive immigration reform. The house won't even vote on the bipartisan senate bill which was passed in 2013. Perhaps if he keeps acting on his own, the congress will get it in gear and at least have an up or down vote. Otherwise, republicans can kiss good-bye their chances of winning the White House.
The President made another shrewd move regarding immigration. When the cards showed he would not have control over any part of congress, he made his proclamation about immigration INSTEAD OF WAITING FOR LEGISLATION.

That put the Republicans in the situation where they need to finance homeland security, and part of that funding would also finance the proclomation made by Obama, and the Democrats use the filibuster to stop that.

Political gamesmanship again.

This President is a very smart man, as he proclaims at every turn, and he is. He was well schooled when teaching Alinsky and follows that doctrine to the letter. It, in his opinion, is his way or the highway. And he is a very good politician and knows how to play the game.

We just need to stop "playing the game" and somebody needs to act like a real statesman who really cares about this country.

Problem is, the President knows on this issue and he is NEVER going to reach out and talk....hasnt since he was elected and he will not.

My response to this post is to point out the post to which I am replying was molded and structured from the talking points of the left. They are very good at this and YES, they have the Republicans in a hole on this.

As the poster alludes to...a win for Democrats...a loss for good old USA !
  #8  
Old 02-09-2015, 01:49 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

The president plays this congress like a fine violin. He gives them enough rope, and they continue to hang themselves. And his approval rating keeps going up, while their numbers could not get much lower.
  #9  
Old 02-09-2015, 01:53 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The president plays this congress like a fine violin. He gives them enough rope, and they continue to hang themselves. And his approval rating keeps going up, while their numbers could not get much lower.
WOW....not sure he plays them as you say, but he does play them but at the LOSS OF THE COUNTRY.

Hey, the election in 2016 may go the way you feel. He conned his way this far and he is really good at it. I just happen not to prefer the PLAYING CONGRESS part at all.

BUT...long way to go....much more to come out and many issues to come up...guess we will see.

But thanks for agreeing that he did play the congress at our expense, He is totally a political person and he IS good at it..will give you that.
  #10  
Old 02-09-2015, 01:54 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I prefer a statesman an not a game player in the White House
  #11  
Old 02-09-2015, 05:01 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I prefer a President who abides by the oath of office, respects the constitution and follows the rule of law.

We have had NONE of the above for the last 6 years and expect none for the remainder of the current regime!
  #12  
Old 02-09-2015, 10:34 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I prefer a President who abides by the oath of office, respects the constitution and follows the rule of law.

We have had NONE of the above for the last 6 years and expect none for the remainder of the current regime!
How do you feel about the opposition party leaders getting together to pledge to do everything in their considerable power to see to it that the President fails? That happened at the time of his inauguration, and has been carried out as their strategy since. How do you feel about these upstanding representatives of democracy doing nothing but obstructing everything the President advocates whether it would be good for you, or me, or the country in general, in order to make a political point. Has that bothered you for six years?
  #13  
Old 02-09-2015, 10:48 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
How do you feel about the opposition party leaders getting together to pledge to do everything in their considerable power to see to it that the President fails? That happened at the time of his inauguration, and has been carried out as their strategy since. How do you feel about these upstanding representatives of democracy doing nothing but obstructing everything the President advocates whether it would be good for you, or me, or the country in general, in order to make a political point. Has that bothered you for six years?
I think you are really overreacting on this issue.

First, it is true they decided AFTER THE AFFORDABLE care act was jammed through and AFTER the Senate decided that NOTHING...NO bills from the House would even be brought up in the Senate basically saying...you guys are doing NOTHING....WE GOT IT.

I think at that point, yes...they gave it up.

Folks tend to forget, because the left has pounded and pounded away with no rebuttal from the Republicans which I think was a mistake with this incorrect and wrong charge....they have pounded about this.

Nobody does any looking at the bills...I think there were something like 40 to 45 job bills that passed the house...sent to senate and never even discussed or given a chance on the floor.

Now, honestly this happens with a split congress.....my problem is the constant unrelenting stories about how the house would not cooperate. I suppose I know not the meaning of cooperation !!!

But, I still think, the debacle and it was UNHEARD OF IN AMERICAN HISTORY of the Affordable Care Act and the drone of talking down to the Republican party as a whole did in fact slow down any cooperation.

But I have watched the actions of congress and the President for the last six years, and the dysfunction, and there was dysfunction, was on both sides and the side that had the "hammer" and could have changed the aura was the left.

This is not a defense of anyone, simply stating facts and tired of hearing this mantra which is not based on facts, but simply the same old drone that we hear from this WH !!!!

These two parties better get it together and quickly and the signs are not good.
  #14  
Old 02-09-2015, 11:05 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I think you are really overreacting on this issue.

First, it is true they decided AFTER THE AFFORDABLE care act was jammed through and AFTER the Senate decided that NOTHING...NO bills from the House would even be brought up in the Senate basically saying...you guys are doing NOTHING....WE GOT IT.

I think at that point, yes...they gave it up.

Folks tend to forget, because the left has pounded and pounded away with no rebuttal from the Republicans which I think was a mistake with this incorrect and wrong charge....they have pounded about this.

Nobody does any looking at the bills...I think there were something like 40 to 45 job bills that passed the house...sent to senate and never even discussed or given a chance on the floor.

Now, honestly this happens with a split congress.....my problem is the constant unrelenting stories about how the house would not cooperate. I suppose I know not the meaning of cooperation !!!

But, I still think, the debacle and it was UNHEARD OF IN AMERICAN HISTORY of the Affordable Care Act and the drone of talking down to the Republican party as a whole did in fact slow down any cooperation.

But I have watched the actions of congress and the President for the last six years, and the dysfunction, and there was dysfunction, was on both sides and the side that had the "hammer" and could have changed the aura was the left.

This is not a defense of anyone, simply stating facts and tired of hearing this mantra which is not based on facts, but simply the same old drone that we hear from this WH !!!!

These two parties better get it together and quickly and the signs are not good.
I don't disagree with your closing statement. However it has been documented AND admitted by attendees, including Newt Gingrich, that republican leaders met THE NIGHT OF OBAMA'S INAUGURATION, and pledged to do everything in their power to obstruct this President's agenda. I am not overreacting - it is fact, and it was long before the ACA.
  #15  
Old 02-09-2015, 11:28 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I don't disagree with your closing statement. However it has been documented AND admitted by attendees, including Newt Gingrich, that republican leaders met THE NIGHT OF OBAMA'S INAUGURATION, and pledged to do everything in their power to obstruct this President's agenda. I am not overreacting - it is fact, and it was long before the ACA.
And Senator Mitch McConnell said his "number one goal is to make sure Barack Obama is a one-term president". Well, he failed miserably at his number one goal and has never recovered.
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.