Will Pruitt-Candidate for House Dist. 42

Old 03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
n/a

Default Will Pruitt-Candidate for House Dist. 42

It has come to my attention that there has been several letters to the editor in The Villages Sun Paper bashing Mr. Pruitt.

SOME FACTS: Although Hugh Gibson said in an article he did not support candidates walking door to door in The Villages he did that very thing when he ran for office in 1999. Now he opposes the thing that helped him get elected. How quaint!!!

Mr. Pruitt was not, and I repeat, not walking door to door indiscriminately but had a list of those who are termed "Super Voters" by the Republican Party. They were very receptive to him until he knocked on the door of one of the supporters of his opponent. It just happened to be in the neighborhood of Rich Cole, President of one of the Republican Clubs in The Villages.

It was never Mr. Pruitt's intention to open up The Villages to all sorts of commercial soliciters or anyone other than the people who have that right through the Constitution, Politicians. He as well as I believe in protecting the rights of all people, especially Senior Adults, no matter where they live. Gated, as well as communities with gates, have a right to certain restrictions to protect their residents. With today's con-men & women it is an excellent idea to have restrictions in place.

Remember "Walking Lawton Chiles", Governor of Florida (D), who never lost an election? He walked all over the State of Florida meeting and greeting THE PEOPLE!!! The boots he wore during his campaing for Governor is in the Old State House in Tallahassee displayed behing glass.

If, and I say if, Mr. Pruitt should knock on your door please get to know him and what he stand for. He wants to represent all the people in District 42, not just a select few.

POC
Old 03-11-2008, 08:05 PM
n/a

Default Re: Will Pruitt-Candidate for House Dist. 42

This is not an endorsement of Will Pruitt (don't know the candidates yet), just an endorsement of the concept of taking the time to talk to candidates if they take the time to come to you.

It is sad that we complain about those in office while refusing to have political candidates knock on our doors and tell us what they stand for. I am telling you, a one on one talk will tell you more than "research" on a candidate.

Get involved!

VK
Old 03-11-2008, 09:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by POC

If, and I say if, Mr. Pruitt should knock on your door please get to know him and what he stand for. He wants to represent all the people in District 42, not just a select few.

POC
I have had some experience with Mr. Pruitt and I will not be voting for him. However, I believe he has the right to meet as many voters as possible during his brief campaign time.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:21 PM
n/a

If it is the politician himself or herself there should not be a problem with the politician going door-to-door wherever. So many times though is it not someone working for such and such a candidate who actually does the leg work?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.