Dream 2016 Ticket

Old 02-14-2015, 10:18 PM
n/a

I believe Reagen was 69 when first elected. No, that is not too old to be President. He served 2 terms and was a good President.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Absolutely true!

DeBlasio is loved by unions except police unions as as Clinton. Minorities will vote as a bloc for any liberal, young people will not vote for the establishment old white men, and most women will vote for a woman.

The age 60 and over white men are now the odd men OUT.
You may not like the statement but tell us what you do not think is true.

Oh yes, those above mentioned groups will turn out in high numbers in order to elect such a dream ticket when the GOP runs their typical candidate such as Romney, Palin, or McCain.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:08 AM
n/a

OK so some do not think she is too old!

I am still waiting to hear from her supporters why they think she is qualified.

And I do understand the precedent that has been set by the 2008 & 2012 elections...Qualifications obviously DO NOT matter!
Old 02-15-2015, 07:58 AM
n/a

While the Constitution does not require the Pres and VP to be from different states, it does prohibit the electors in the home state from voting for their own state citizens for both positions. Thus with your idealized ticket of Clinton and the mayor, the electors from NY would have to cast their electoral college votes for a different person for VP even when the Dems win the state. This is why Cheney (AKA Darth) at the last moment changed his residency from Texas to Wyoming in 2000 as had he been a Texan he could not have received that state's electoral college votes.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:22 AM
n/a

I am a bit mystified at the many comments that say that Clinton is not qualified to be president. Is she a US citizen? Is she age 35 or more? Has she resided in the US for at least 14 years? All YES, she is qualified.

She also was a US Senator for 12 years and Secretary of State for 4. Being first lady of a state and the US did likely give her some experience in the operation of government from the executive side as well.

Those previously held positions seem to make her very qualified for POTUS. Certainly as qualified as say someone who
Was governor of a state (Christie, Perry, Jindal, Palin (sort of), Bush, Walker, Kasich) or a US senator for less than a single term and (Cruz, Paul) Or a surgeon who has no experience working in a political environment (Carson). Or the person who still seems interested and did lead in the polls for a while in 2012, Trump. Person with most experience who has expressed some interest in running from the GOP, Graham.

So for the Clinton haters, and there clearly are a lot of you, please explain what qualification she lacks other than you disagree with her politics?
Old 02-15-2015, 08:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Clinton is now 67. Two more years she'll be 69. Afer 4 years 73. Ya don't think that's old???

Now you have union leaders in the W/H sucking up to DeBlasio, instead of Al Sharpton and his band of merry men. Don't that make ya feel warm and fuzzy ... NOT!!
Why do RWers use Sucking and Shoving it down our throats so often in their discussions? What imagery are you invoking here, and why?
Old 02-15-2015, 08:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
OK so some do not think she is too old!

I am still waiting to hear from her supporters why they think she is qualified.

And I do understand the precedent that has been set by the 2008 & 2012 elections...Qualifications obviously DO NOT matter!
I'll give you 2008. Obama was only a U.S Senator for two years (a state senator before that). But not qualified in 2012? Being President for four years definitely puts you in the most highly qualified ranks. Especially those four years of straightening out the mess he was left and getting Healthcare passed. Be thankful for that first term.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
I am a bit mystified at the many comments that say that Clinton is not qualified to be president. Is she a US citizen? Is she age 35 or more? Has she resided in the US for at least 14 years? All YES, she is qualified.

She also was a US Senator for 12 years and Secretary of State for 4. Being first lady of a state and the US did likely give her some experience in the operation of government from the executive side as well.

Those previously held positions seem to make her very qualified for POTUS. Certainly as qualified as say someone who
Was governor of a state (Christie, Perry, Jindal, Palin (sort of), Bush, Walker, Kasich) or a US senator for less than a single term and (Cruz, Paul) Or a surgeon who has no experience working in a political environment (Carson). Or the person who still seems interested and did lead in the polls for a while in 2012, Trump. Person with most experience who has expressed some interest in running from the GOP, Graham.

So for the Clinton haters, and there clearly are a lot of you, please explain what qualification she lacks other than you disagree with her politics?
Don't be naive - You surely know by now that the (self)right(eous)- wingers don't believe any Democrat is qualified, especially those of color or the female persuasion.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:36 AM
n/a

Quote:

I think a more appropriate question would be "what has she accomplished" other than holding these offices. I recall she had a run at healthcare reform when she was First Lady and failed miserably. We certainly can't use her time as Secretary of State because the world is a mess since her term. So what has she accomplished. At least a Governor has shown he can successfully run a state and get things done. A CEO has run a corporation and knows how to negotiate. Dr. Carson is just plain smart and level headed and could probably come up with ideas that are beyond most of our capabilities, and hasn't had any scandals come up (yet) and really loves this country.

So I will ask again - what has Hillary accomplished that she can run on?
Old 02-15-2015, 01:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
I'll give you 2008. Obama was only a U.S Senator for two years (a state senator before that). But not qualified in 2012? Being President for four years definitely puts you in the most highly qualified ranks. Especially those four years of straightening out the mess he was left and getting Healthcare passed. Be thankful for that first term.
Quote:
Don't be naive - You surely know by now that the (self)right(eous)- wingers don't believe any Democrat is qualified, especially those of color or the female persuasion.
Out in left field (yes PUN intended) prejudice and totally off base comments highlighted above.

Let's see how the discussion would progress if there were a stand out qualified candidate available from either party....and contrary to the nasty sniping above it does not matter what race or gender or religion.

Holding any office does not automatically bestow qualification.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
I think a more appropriate question would be "what has she accomplished" other than holding these offices. I recall she had a run at healthcare reform when she was First Lady and failed miserably. We certainly can't use her time as Secretary of State because the world is a mess since her term. So what has she accomplished. At least a Governor has shown he can successfully run a state and get things done. A CEO has run a corporation and knows how to negotiate. Dr. Carson is just plain smart and level headed and could probably come up with ideas that are beyond most of our capabilities, and hasn't had any scandals come up (yet) and really loves this country.

So I will ask again - what has Hillary accomplished that she can run on?

Your time would be better spent vetting the candidates who might be running for the Republican nomination. Did you know that Gov Scott Walker, one of the favorites, does not have a college degree? Why is this important you might ask? Well, not since the 1800's has anyone been elected president without a college degree, and most of the recent presidents have degrees from Ivy League schools.

Another favorite, Sen Rand Paul has always told people that he holds two bachelor degrees from Baylor. Well, Salon.com is reporting that he doesn't even have one degree from Baylor. If this is true, how did he get into Duke Medical School without having a BS. Could you research this and report back? It could tell us who is qualified and who is not qualified.
Old 02-15-2015, 03:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your time would be better spent vetting the candidates who might be running for the Republican nomination. Did you know that Gov Scott Walker, one of the favorites, does not have a college degree? Why is this important you might ask? Well, not since the 1800's has anyone been elected president without a college degree, and most of the recent presidents have degrees from Ivy League schools.

Another favorite, Sen Rand Paul has always told people that he holds two bachelor degrees from Baylor. Well, Salon.com is reporting that he doesn't even have one degree from Baylor. If this is true, how did he get into Duke Medical School without having a BS. Could you research this and report back? It could tell us who is qualified and who is not qualified.
This thread was begun about a certain team for 2016. Dont you think that out of respect that is what should be talked about mostly.

ON that degree thingie....I recall Mr. Dean, who was one of the first and loudest to proclaim this some kind of issue...anyway, I recall him making a fool of himself during his run at the nomination. Is that what a degree gets you ? No thanks...rather have a mature, statesman type.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
This thread was begun about a certain team for 2016. Dont you think that out of respect that is what should be talked about mostly.

ON that degree thingie....I recall Mr. Dean, who was one of the first and loudest to proclaim this some kind of issue...anyway, I recall him making a fool of himself during his run at the nomination. Is that what a degree gets you ? No thanks...rather have a mature, statesman type.
Governor Walker and Senator Paul could be on somebody's dream team in 2016. Who is that mature, statesman type?
Old 02-15-2015, 05:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Governor Walker and Senator Paul could be on somebody's dream team in 2016. Who is that mature, statesman type?
Rick Perry, Chris Christie, Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin, Donald Trump....
Old 02-15-2015, 05:07 PM
n/a

Quote:

Dear guest: Being a US citizen age 35 and residing I the US for the past 14 years makes her eligible not qualified.

She did nothing as the Senator from New York and traveled thousand of miles around the world as secretary of state and her claim to fame was a reset with Russia. How's that working out for us?

I can't speak for other but I hate no one because the issuing of voting for president is business and not personal to me.

The same people that twice elected Obama will rush to vote in Hillary and for the same reasons. If they succeed then we will all continue to suffer the continual decline of America.

so what about the Republicans and I am registered so I do not see one candidate thus far that excites me. so bottom line this country is in deep doo doo because qualified people are not coming forward to serve

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.