Dream 2016 Ticket

Old 02-15-2015, 05:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Rick Perry, Chris Christie, Rick Santorum, Sarah Palin, Donald Trump....
Gov Perry, indicted by a grand jury in Texas; Gov Christie, under federal investigation in NJ; Rick Santorum, lost his last senate race by 18% in PA; former Gov Palin, doing stand-up comedy on SNL tonight on NBC, that leaves us with our nominee Donald Trump.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Gov Perry, indicted by a grand jury in Texas; Gov Christie, under federal investigation in NJ; Rick Santorum, lost his last senate race by 18% in PA; former Gov Palin, doing stand-up comedy on SNL tonight on NBC, that leaves us with our nominee Donald Trump.
WHO is this shallow to post such bunk. Talk about lack of education !!

The politics of .....not sure what kind of politics this is...but slimy is one word that rolls off my tongue.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:21 PM
n/a

Not sure what this means relative to our voters, but the election of 2016 is about TWO YEARS AWAY.

The world is a mess.....we have serious legislation issues....economy issues and on and on and on.....and our voters choose to rant on about stuff that is fodder for National Enquirer, although event hey would raise their eyebrows at the shallow nature of some.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Better than doing unintentional stand-up comedy on the campaign trail.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your time would be better spent vetting the candidates who might be running for the Republican nomination. Did you know that Gov Scott Walker, one of the favorites, does not have a college degree? Why is this important you might ask? Well, not since the 1800's has anyone been elected president without a college degree, and most of the recent presidents have degrees from Ivy League schools.

Another favorite, Sen Rand Paul has always told people that he holds two bachelor degrees from Baylor. Well, Salon.com is reporting that he doesn't even have one degree from Baylor. If this is true, how did he get into Duke Medical School without having a BS. Could you research this and report back? It could tell us who is qualified and who is not qualified.
Back in the 60's and 70's some students were accepted into medical school without a bachelor's degree. Not to say that they didn't do undergrad studies - they did, but because they were found to be exceptional students, and as long as they completed the necessary prerequisite courses, they could be admitted without completion of a BS. I'm not sure if any medical school permits that today, but as you can see it puts Rand Paul in a pretty different light when looking at it from this perspective.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
Back in the 60's and 70's some students were accepted into medical school without a bachelor's degree. Not to say that they didn't do undergrad studies - they did, but because they were found to be exceptional students, and as long as they completed the necessary prerequisite courses, they could be admitted without completion of a BS. I'm not sure if any medical school permits that today, but as you can see it puts Rand Paul in a pretty different light when looking at it from this perspective.
Yeah, I am not sure I could support Paul, but this is ludicrious to talk about college degrees.

Is this what politics has come to ? When Dean made his initial comment on MORNING JOE on MSNBC, I thought everbody, Dems and Repubs on the set would choke. There is a certain segment to take all these elections right straight to the name calling, one liners.

IRONY is that these obviously not well educated or well read people are making fun of people who have more going for them in one pocket that these posters could ever hope for.

Again, these nim wits attack a thread with the "bathroom wall" stuff and the OP's entire thread is gone.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Rand Paul caught lying about his college record - Salon.com

Senator Rand Paul said in a speech this past Thursday that he has two bachelor degrees from Baylor, but his office had to walk that back later and say he does not have any degree from Baylor.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Rand Paul caught lying about his college record - Salon.com

Senator Rand Paul said in a speech this past Thursday that he has two bachelor degrees from Baylor, but his office had to walk that back later and say he does not have any degree from Baylor.
BAD MAN...and another inciteful post from the same poster !!!

People are being beheaded and you are...well, not sure what you are doing...it is a pure mystery...certainly not discussing anything.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
I'm kind of torn. Clearly, what's best for the NATION is a strong REPUBLICAN ticket of low taxes, explosive economic growth, huge increases in employment and a strong national defense.

On the other hand, a DEMOCRAT win will continue the economic strangulation of businesses, high taxes, and flat job/wage growth. African Americans and all minorities will continue to suffer disproportionately high unemployment rates and dismal future prospects. It's quite likely we'll fall back into recession under a tax and choke Democrat administration and that will prompt the Fed to continue its artificial juicing of Wall St. We've all benefitted GREATLY by the terrific returns on our investment portfolios due to the anemic growth, so selfishly I'd like to see the good times continue rolling on Wall St., but I'm torn knowing so many are suffering and will continue to suffer needlessly under Democrat policies.
This is a great post ... and I think some of the Dems on this board are somewhat confused by it because they don't fully get your points
Old 02-15-2015, 06:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Once we have the idealized President and Congress the political comments section won't be needed! We will have the perfect politics of a one party political system like our dear friends in China. No opposition, no problems!
You may be correct ... I mean, right now, our (uh, not really mine) President is steadily evolving into the Dear Leader
Old 02-15-2015, 06:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
While the Constitution does not require the Pres and VP to be from different states, it does prohibit the electors in the home state from voting for their own state citizens for both positions. Thus with your idealized ticket of Clinton and the mayor, the electors from NY would have to cast their electoral college votes for a different person for VP even when the Dems win the state. This is why Cheney (AKA Darth) at the last moment changed his residency from Texas to Wyoming in 2000 as had he been a Texan he could not have received that state's electoral college votes.
I did not know about that elector requirement ... insightful and thanks for posting.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
Why do RWers use Sucking and Shoving it down our throats so often in their discussions? What imagery are you invoking here, and why?
Uh, you're making this claim when your side of the spectrum delights in using the disgusting "*********" comment? Give us all a break.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Don't be naive - You surely know by now that the (self)right(eous)- wingers don't believe any Democrat is qualified, especially those of color or the female persuasion.
You know, it's increasingly amusing to me to watch liberals immediately default to the "racist sexist yadda" charge when they can't think of anything else to say. Your side really needs to come up with something more clever as well as something that's accurate.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:20 PM
n/a

Quote:
Your time would be better spent vetting the candidates who might be running for the Republican nomination. Did you know that Gov Scott Walker, one of the favorites, does not have a college degree? Why is this important you might ask? Well, not since the 1800's has anyone been elected president without a college degree, and most of the recent presidents have degrees from Ivy League schools.
Well, as those of us who went to college and then grad school, we all know that attending college and GPA correlates 100% to everything needed to succeed in life, right? I'm thinking Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Mark Zimmerman ... oh wait, none of those guys have degrees. Never mind.

The college degree (lack therof) is a red herring. Walker has shown steadfast conservative leadership and actually has executive ability, unlike the Selfie Joke we currently have in the Oval Office.

I'm also reminded of William F. Buckley's famous quote ... which certainly applies in the age of Obama.

I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in... - William F. Buckley, Jr. at BrainyQuote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
ON that degree thingie....I recall Mr. Dean, who was one of the first and loudest to proclaim this some kind of issue...anyway, I recall him making a fool of himself during his run at the nomination. Is that what a degree gets you ? No thanks...rather have a mature, statesman type.
Howard Dean's attack, along with the WaPo article, makes it clear that Walker is "the guy" the Left really fears. As well they should .... once we elect him, he will clean house in DC and it will be quite fun to watch.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.