President Hosting Muslim Meals, Mentions "Christian" terrorist

Old 02-20-2015, 12:49 PM
n/a

Default President Hosting Muslim Meals, Mentions "Christian" terrorist

From the White House a direct transcription of an interview with an Arab media source.

"THE PRESIDENT Well, first of all, I believe in an almighty God, and I believe that all the world, whether they be Muslim, Christian, or any other religion, prays to the same God. That's what I believe. I believe that Islam is a great religion that preaches peace. And I believe people who murder the innocent to achieve political objectives aren't religious people, whether they be a Christian who does that -- we had a person blow up our -- blow up a federal building in Oklahoma City who professed to be a Christian, but that's not a Christian act to kill innocent people.

Q Exactly.

THE PRESIDENT: And I just simply don't subscribe to the idea that murdering innocent men, women and children -- particularly Muslim men, women and children in the Middle East -- is an act of somebody who is a religious person.

We are having an Iftaar dinner tonight -- I say, "we" -- it's my wife and I. (We have had one every year) I've been the President. It gives me a chance to say "Ramadan Mubarak." The reason I do this is I want people to understand about my country. In other words, I hope this message gets out of America. I want people to understand that one of the great freedoms in America is the right for people to worship any way they see fit. If you're a Muslim, an agnostic, a Christian, a Jew, a Hindu, you're equally American.

I want American citizens to see me hosting an Iftaar dinner.
"

My bolds to highlight the words and phrases Obama always seems to use. Note in listing faiths at the end that the President mentions Muslim and agnostic before he even gets to mentioning Christian.

Interview of the President by Al Arabiya
Old 02-20-2015, 01:32 PM
n/a

All faiths should be honored and if Christians are hosting, proper politenes would dictate speaking of your guests faith first and your own last. The president followed the right procedure.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:35 PM
n/a

The date on the article is October 4, 2007, and the president hosting the dinner is George W Bush.
Old 02-21-2015, 02:24 PM
n/a

Could you hear the rhetoric on Fox news if the date was Oct 4, 2014!
Old 02-21-2015, 03:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Could you hear the rhetoric on Fox news if the date was Oct 4, 2014!
Ah, an insightful comment. Read all the threads on this political forum attacking our secret Muslim President who won't call all terrorism done by Muslims "Islamic terrorism" Instead he, like Bush in the above, was very clear in his understanding that just because a terrorist claims his faith demanded an action does not make that connection valid. See Timothy McVeigh, see all the murderers of abortion doctors, see the Atlanta Olympics bomber etc. all who claimed Christianity demanded their actions.

Obama, like most astute people, understands that the extremists would like nothing more than for the US to declare war on Islam. It would be their greatest recruiting tool and fit into their idea of a super war in the middle east.
Old 02-21-2015, 04:27 PM
n/a

ISIS controls an area larger than the United Kingdom and it is expanding the caliphate ISIS has drawn tens of thousand Muslim as believers who state they have an obligation to terrorizes it enemies and reject peace as a matter of principle....... It hungers for genocide........ The reality is that the Islamic State is Islamic. Very Islamic.....They are smack in the middle of the medieval tradition..... "What ISIS Really Wants" by Graeme Wood.

Its one thing to present a diplomatic face its quite another to to halt madmen

America has to show it is commitment to stopping these madmen. By doing so they will be able to gain momentum from Europe and the Middle Eastern countries who have a stake in ridding the world of these people

This back and forth with euphemisms is only going to make the task that more difficult

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.