Evolution Education

Old 11-19-2016, 09:30 AM
n/a

Default Evolution Education

VP Elect Pence does not belive in evolution but rather that humans were created in the Garden of Eden looking just as they look today. He also believes the Earth was created around 6,000 years ago.

Do you believe that evolution should be taught in public schools science courses or that creationism should be taught in the public school science courses?

Do you believe that it should be taught in the school science classes that the Earth is around 6,000 years old despite scientific proof that it is over 3 billion years old?

What will happen under this administration to science?
Old 11-19-2016, 09:34 AM
n/a

The Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida
Old 11-19-2016, 09:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
The Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida
The Villages Florida
Old 11-19-2016, 09:36 AM
n/a

The Villages Florida
Old 11-19-2016, 09:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
The Villages Florida
The Villages FloridaThe Villages FloridaThe Villages Florida
Old 11-19-2016, 09:42 AM
n/a

Does Mike Pence Believe in Evolution? : snopes.com

Pence and evolution. Do some research.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
VP Elect Pence does not belive in evolution but rather that humans were created in the Garden of Eden looking just as they look today. He also believes the Earth was created around 6,000 years ago.

Do you believe that evolution should be taught in public schools science courses or that creationism should be taught in the public school science courses?

Do you believe that it should be taught in the school science classes that the Earth is around 6,000 years old despite scientific proof that it is over 3 billion years old?

What will happen under this administration to science?
I realize that you are just looking for a fight. You think you know it all, but deep down you just want someone to reassure you.

Pence will have nothing to do with education. So, you can cross that off of your hit list.

You are in the minority of Americans, probably minority in the World that believe that man evolved from ape. So, babble away in hopes of convincing yourself that you answer to no deity, because man can't help you with your personal choice.

I listened to a scientist give a lecture once in college (years ago) that gave us a very interesting supposition. He told us to take an old mechanical watch (such as a pocket watch) apart and drop the pieces in a mason jar. Put the top on it and start shaking it. Then he asked us to imagine how many years, centuries or thousands of years of shaking before that watch would finally be put back together by shaking it. Then he suggested that we think about the big bang theory and how long it would be for something as complicated as a human to be produced by shaking a bunch of molecules and atoms around in a jar. And he asked us, which is more plausible. Believing in a deity that created everything, or believing that something that came from who knows where, blew up and then amazingly formed a working, thinking and rationalizing human of two genders that could reproduce and create another human being.

I realize that I am wasting this conversation on you, but I had plenty of time on my hands and decided to put a few thoughts in this comment. Just remember, before you go about attempting to disparage those of faith, know what the word "faith" means.
Old 11-19-2016, 11:04 AM
n/a

BS trolling thread.
Old 11-19-2016, 02:57 PM
n/a

The OP is essentially asking does God exist? This is a question that has been asked from one generation to the next since the beginning of time.

Disproving or proving the existence of God is an impossibility both from the believer's and non believer's point of view because the construction of the question is a "negative existential claim" and by its nature cannot be proven.

Perhaps if man were capable of searching this entire universe, end to end, top to bottom, heavenly body to heavenly body a more qualified response would be possible but still not a definitive one

In my view both religion and science require faith. In my view evolution requires intelligent design

Ask yourself if a commercial building were loaded to the very top with alphabet letters and the building was then wired to explode would it be in the realm of reasonableness to expect the result to be the creation of an encyclopedia?

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-19-2016, 03:18 PM
n/a

Quote:
The OP is essentially asking does God exist? This is a question that has been asked from one generation to the next since the beginning of time.

Disproving or proving the existence of God is an impossibility both from the believer's and non believer's point of view because the construction of the question is a "negative existential claim" and by its nature cannot be proven.

Perhaps if man were capable of searching this entire universe, end to end, top to bottom, heavenly body to heavenly body a more qualified response would be possible but still not a definitive one

In my view both religion and science require faith. In my view evolution requires intelligent design

Ask yourself if a commercial building were loaded to the very top with alphabet letters and the building was then wired to explode would it be in the realm of reasonableness to expect the result to be the creation of an encyclopedia?

Personal Best Regards:
No, the OP was NOT asking if God exists. The OP asks if you believe in the story of creation of humans exactly as written in The Bible or if evolution has occurred.

How about evolution within the species? That seems more plausible, doesn't it?

The Creationist movement believes every word in The Bible literally. Remember that it was King James of England who had the Bible translated and therefore called The King James Version.

Now, back to the original question. Do you believe that the Earth is appropriate 6,000 years old or the 3+billion that scientists believe? Personally, I go for the 3+ billion. Yes, I do believe in God but not a literal translation of The Bible. The Old Testament is a great collection of folk myths common to just about all civilizations.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
No, the OP was NOT asking if God exists. The OP asks if you believe in the story of creation of humans exactly as written in The Bible or if evolution has occurred.

How about evolution within the species? That seems more plausible, doesn't it?

The Creationist movement believes every word in The Bible literally. Remember that it was King James of England who had the Bible translated and therefore called The King James Version.

Now, back to the original question. Do you believe that the Earth is appropriate 6,000 years old or the 3+billion that scientists believe? Personally, I go for the 3+ billion. Yes, I do believe in God but not a literal translation of The Bible. The Old Testament is a great collection of folk myths common to just about all civilizations.
It's not considered a myth if the story is true.
Old 11-19-2016, 07:45 PM
n/a

Quote:
It's not considered a myth if the story is true.
Well, dodo, answer the question: Do you believe that the Earth is approximately 6,000 years old or approximately 3+ billion years old. Please state your reasons for your answer.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:14 PM
n/a

Bad analogy.

Quote:
I realize that you are just looking for a fight. You think you know it all, but deep down you just want someone to reassure you.

Pence will have nothing to do with education. So, you can cross that off of your hit list.

You are in the minority of Americans, probably minority in the World that believe that man evolved from ape. So, babble away in hopes of convincing yourself that you answer to no deity, because man can't help you with your personal choice.

I listened to a scientist give a lecture once in college (years ago) that gave us a very interesting supposition. He told us to take an old mechanical watch (such as a pocket watch) apart and drop the pieces in a mason jar. Put the top on it and start shaking it. Then he asked us to imagine how many years, centuries or thousands of years of shaking before that watch would finally be put back together by shaking it. Then he suggested that we think about the big bang theory and how long it would be for something as complicated as a human to be produced by shaking a bunch of molecules and atoms around in a jar. And he asked us, which is more plausible. Believing in a deity that created everything, or believing that something that came from who knows where, blew up and then amazingly formed a working, thinking and rationalizing human of two genders that could reproduce and create another human being.

I realize that I am wasting this conversation on you, but I had plenty of time on my hands and decided to put a few thoughts in this comment. Just remember, before you go about attempting to disparage those of faith, know what the word "faith" means.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:15 AM
n/a

Quote:
Well, dodo, answer the question: Do you believe that the Earth is approximately 6,000 years old or approximately 3+ billion years old. Please state your reasons for your answer.
My life does not revolve around the age of Earth. I may have 20-30 years left on this Earth, so Earth's birthday is hardly something that I need to ponder.

Please state YOUR reason for thinking that you are significant to this universe and that you have reason to believe that you can control ANYTHING in avoiding your final destiny.

By the way, my Bible does not give the date that the world was created. Perhaps your science does give an exact date so that we can celebrate it's birthday?
Old 11-20-2016, 06:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
Bad analogy.
Bad opinion of my analogy.

Tags
years, education, evolution

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.