Evolution Education

Old 11-20-2016, 02:46 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
No, the OP was NOT asking if God exists. The OP asks if you believe in the story of creation of humans exactly as written in The Bible or if evolution has occurred.

How about evolution within the species? That seems more plausible, doesn't it?

The Creationist movement believes every word in The Bible literally. Remember that it was King James of England who had the Bible translated and therefore called The King James Version.

Now, back to the original question. Do you believe that the Earth is appropriate 6,000 years old or the 3+billion that scientists believe? Personally, I go for the 3+ billion. Yes, I do believe in God but not a literal translation of The Bible. The Old Testament is a great collection of folk myths common to just about all civilizations.
au contraire it is the same question because one either believes it all just happen by chance or there has been some order to this entity we call the universe. If I say no I do not believe in evolution then the logical subsequent question is then how did all this come about?

On the other hand if I say yes I believe in evolution then the next logical question is, then we have all this preciseness merely by chance?

So back to my original post it is impossible to disprove a negative existentialist claim.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-20-2016, 02:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
VP Elect Pence does not belive in evolution but rather that humans were created in the Garden of Eden looking just as they look today. He also believes the Earth was created around 6,000 years ago.

Do you believe that evolution should be taught in public schools science courses or that creationism should be taught in the public school science courses?

Do you believe that it should be taught in the school science classes that the Earth is around 6,000 years old despite scientific proof that it is over 3 billion years old?

What will happen under this administration to science?
EVERYTHING should be taught in school and then let the students decide. Age appropriate of course.

Quote:
The OP is essentially asking does God exist? This is a question that has been asked from one generation to the next since the beginning of time.

Disproving or proving the existence of God is an impossibility both from the believer's and non believer's point of view because the construction of the question is a "negative existential claim" and by its nature cannot be proven.

Perhaps if man were capable of searching this entire universe, end to end, top to bottom, heavenly body to heavenly body a more qualified response would be possible but still not a definitive one

In my view both religion and science require faith. In my view evolution requires intelligent design

Ask yourself if a commercial building were loaded to the very top with alphabet letters and the building was then wired to explode would it be in the realm of reasonableness to expect the result to be the creation of an encyclopedia?

Personal Best Regards:
Shouldn't you have to prove it before believing it? Otherwise, roll a dice to determine what faith you'll be. They're both not very bright. You're doing it just to do it.

Quote:
No, the OP was NOT asking if God exists. The OP asks if you believe in the story of creation of humans exactly as written in The Bible or if evolution has occurred.

How about evolution within the species? That seems more plausible, doesn't it?

The Creationist movement believes every word in The Bible literally. Remember that it was King James of England who had the Bible translated and therefore called The King James Version.

Now, back to the original question. Do you believe that the Earth is appropriate 6,000 years old or the 3+billion that scientists believe? Personally, I go for the 3+ billion. Yes, I do believe in God but not a literal translation of The Bible. The Old Testament is a great collection of folk myths common to just about all civilizations.
Ah...evolution WITHIN a species...like the difference in the races...ANY other animal would be classified as different species.

King James do a lot LOT more than JUST translate. He did some picking and choosing too.

Quote:
Bad analogy.
Yes it was...God the watchmaker.

Who mad you God? If something as simple as a watch can't "just happen", hoe does your "God" who can create a watch "just happen"?

Use your brains people!

Quote:
My life does not revolve around the age of Earth. I may have 20-30 years left on this Earth, so Earth's birthday is hardly something that I need to ponder.

Please state YOUR reason for thinking that you are significant to this universe and that you have reason to believe that you can control ANYTHING in avoiding your final destiny.

By the way, my Bible does not give the date that the world was created. Perhaps your science does give an exact date so that we can celebrate it's birthday?
No it doesn't, it doesn't say a LOT that your "religious leaders" tell you to believe.

Quote:
Bad opinion of my analogy.
No, it wasn't.

Tell me...who created a "God" capable of creating a universe? DON'T tell me "it just happened" because then...your watch can happen too.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Well, dodo, answer the question: Do you believe that the Earth is approximately 6,000 years old or approximately 3+ billion years old. Please state your reasons for your answer.
Sandtrap ... go away and crawl back under your rock.

You easily win the prize for the most annoying poster on TOTV while simultaneously being the least informed.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:03 PM
n/a

Quote:
Well, dodo, answer the question: Do you believe that the Earth is approximately 6,000 years old or approximately 3+ billion years old. Please state your reasons for your answer.
If you mean physically as measured by the certainty of today's technology and the process used for measuring is accurate then presently one would have to agree with scientist that the earth is 3+ billion years old. However science is never settled and so some day in the future scientist may say with further investigation we find the earth's age to now be....................

If one reference the bible then man would record history as he/she understood it then.

Neither response negates or affirms the question of God nor the history of the universe our world or evolution in its entirety. We are all guessing to some extent. Faith applies both to religion and scientific application (ie we all put forth a good faith effort to

Personally if there were not a God I believe we would have to invent one because rule by man has only brought misery and I include those men who claim to be acting on behalf of God

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-20-2016, 08:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
If you mean physically as measured by the certainty of today's technology and the process used for measuring is accurate then presently one would have to agree with scientist that the earth is 3+ billion years old. However science is never settled and so some day in the future scientist may say with further investigation we find the earth's age to now be....................

If one reference the bible then man would record history as he/she understood it then.

Neither response negates or affirms the question of God nor the history of the universe our world or evolution in its entirety. We are all guessing to some extent. Faith applies both to religion and scientific application (ie we all put forth a good faith effort to

Personally if there were not a God I believe we would have to invent one because rule by man has only brought misery and I include those men who claim to be acting on behalf of God

Personal Best Regards:
NOBODY "knows" how old the planet is...they "educated guess", like they do with almost everything.

Religion has brought plenty of misery too...a lot of misery.

Ah...now you're getting it...people who lie to you...for 10%.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:17 PM
n/a

So were we talking about what Mike Pence believes or what the OP and all the others believe? Amazing how these blogs go off in different directions.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaninVA View Post

You easily win the prize for the most annoying poster on TOTV while simultaneously being the least informed.
Now, that's annoying.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2016, 11:35 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Now, that's annoying.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sometimes the truth hurts, want a cry blankie?
Old 11-20-2016, 11:38 PM
n/a

Quote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but right now you, Al and Don Baldwin....are in a tie for first place in that competition.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but right now you, Al and Don Baldwin....are in a tie for first place in that competition.
Don't cry buttercup.

The Villages Florida
Old 11-20-2016, 11:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Don't sell yourself short.
Old 11-20-2016, 11:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Don't sell yourself short.
Hey, pipe down.

No one asked for comments from the peanut gallery.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
NOBODY "knows" how old the planet is...they "educated guess", like they do with almost everything.

Religion has brought plenty of misery too...a lot of misery.

Ah...now you're getting it...people who lie to you...for 10%.
Nobody knows how old the planet is....that is what I stated in my last response.

Religion has brought........Again that is what I said in my last response

Now your getting it........ No one is getting it and no one has lied. From the first thinking human being we have from generation to generation tried to answer very basic questions. Why am I here? Who created me? Who created the universe? If there are people on earth can there be other living creatures on other planets?

These question fascinate us all but they lead nowhere Scientist make incremental discoveries until another so called discovery negates all of the previous thinking.

We all reason from within. We all believe we make sense of our existence by reasoning and where there are gaps faith fills them in even for scientist.

Scientist use various methods for period dating but what if the processes they use are flawed? I am sure this is helpful but all we learn is what we discovered and yet there is so much that we have not discovered. And we must not forget human flaws such as hubris and confirmation bias.

There are far more unknowns unknowns than known knowns and we can't know what we don't know.

I have concluded that when my heart beats for the last time I will either know truth or will be left in a perpetual state of nothingness. In either case my fate was sealed the day I was born as has every man and woman born of this earth something I have come to accept. So I focus on what counts to be really important in my life each day. Little time for regrets of the past and little time for contemplating future.

But man should never stop the search

Personal Best Regards:
Old 11-21-2016, 08:13 AM
n/a

Quote:

Who mad you God? If something as simple as a watch can't "just happen", hoe does your "God" who can create a watch "just happen"?

Use your brains people!

No it doesn't, it doesn't say a LOT that your "religious leaders" tell you to believe.

No, it wasn't.

Tell me...who created a "God" capable of creating a universe? DON'T tell me "it just happened" because then...your watch can happen too.
The Bible states that GOD is omnipotent omnipresent omniscient. And HE is eternal, always existed. Therefore, GOD created our time, the universe, the world and mankind. That answers your question. Even though it takes faith to believe this, it also takes faith to believe in your evolution theory. There is more evidence to quantify creation than evolution. You can conceivably have evolution with creation but not just evolution. Meaning, that after creation there can be some form of morphing(evolving) of species over time, but no new species have been created. We have seen extinction of species but we have not seen a totally new species appear.

I'm not an expert on theology. This is what I believe as fact. I do not condemn others for not agreeing with me on my view of faith. I consider my faith to be similar to having insurance. If I am wrong in my belief then there is nothing lost. If I am right in my belief then non-believers are in trouble. So, I do not lose either way.

This is a political forum, and I am only answering you because you asked the question.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:32 PM
n/a

Quote:
Quote:

Least informed? Oh, that's rich... The trouble with idiots, they're too stupid to be able to realize...just how stupid they are. You think I'm "uninformed"?

Who is AL?

Quote:
Nobody knows how old the planet is....that is what I stated in my last response.

Religion has brought........Again that is what I said in my last response

Now your getting it........ No one is getting it and no one has lied. From the first thinking human being we have from generation to generation tried to answer very basic questions. Why am I here? Who created me? Who created the universe? If there are people on earth can there be other living creatures on other planets?

These question fascinate us all but they lead nowhere Scientist make incremental discoveries until another so called discovery negates all of the previous thinking.

We all reason from within. We all believe we make sense of our existence by reasoning and where there are gaps faith fills them in even for scientist.

Scientist use various methods for period dating but what if the processes they use are flawed? I am sure this is helpful but all we learn is what we discovered and yet there is so much that we have not discovered. And we must not forget human flaws such as hubris and confirmation bias.

There are far more unknowns unknowns than known knowns and we can't know what we don't know.

I have concluded that when my heart beats for the last time I will either know truth or will be left in a perpetual state of nothingness. In either case my fate was sealed the day I was born as has every man and woman born of this earth something I have come to accept. So I focus on what counts to be really important in my life each day. Little time for regrets of the past and little time for contemplating future.

But man should never stop the search

Personal Best Regards:
We're agreeing here...

Channeling Rummy? People laughed but they just don't get it.

The thing is...what you think is important and what I think are important may disagree. I care about the world we leave behind, I hate to see it decay like it has since the 60s. Nowhere has really gotten better. It's been a slow decline ever since.

Quote:
The Bible states that GOD is omnipotent omnipresent omniscient. And HE is eternal, always existed. Therefore, GOD created our time, the universe, the world and mankind. That answers your question. Even though it takes faith to believe this, it also takes faith to believe in your evolution theory. There is more evidence to quantify creation than evolution. You can conceivably have evolution with creation but not just evolution. Meaning, that after creation there can be some form of morphing(evolving) of species over time, but no new species have been created. We have seen extinction of species but we have not seen a totally new species appear.

I'm not an expert on theology. This is what I believe as fact. I do not condemn others for not agreeing with me on my view of faith. I consider my faith to be similar to having insurance. If I am wrong in my belief then there is nothing lost. If I am right in my belief then non-believers are in trouble. So, I do not lose either way.

This is a political forum, and I am only answering you because you asked the question.
The Bible? The Bible has been changed, shuffled, rewritten too many times to even THINK it represents anything around when it was created. You should study it...really study it...outside your religion. Old Testament from the Torah and the New...from Paul. Paul IS Christianity. He's the Christian Muhammad. Half the book is his writings and ideas.

The difference between you and me...I can accept..."I don't know"...you NEED something to explain it.

You're just guessing because you have no clue about evolution and how it works. How it works is this...you have ONE "freak" born that is different than all the rest...with birds it could be a longer beak. IF the longer beak proves BETTER than the shorter one at getting food, the long beak freak ends up surviving and some of its offspring are long beak freaks too, if they do well, they have kids and some of theres are long beaked freaks too. Eventually, you have half the population short beaked and half long beaked...they're now 2 different species. Wasn't that easy? We can take it further and have a long beak freak born with a long tail, the long tail helps with balance and eventually you get 3 populations, 3 species, short beak, long beak, and long with long tail. You now have 3 species.

There was no half goat, half cow. even though they're distantly related. There was an animal that was "not a cow" AND "not a horse" that SLOWLY through "freaks born" EVOLVED into something else...goats and cows.

Get it? From 1 original animal came all the variety we see today because "freaks" are born all the time...what matters to their genetic line is how successful they were...how many offspring did they have.

You're NOT an expert...and that's why you still believe it.

Insurance never used IS a waste. And being pious when you needn't is a waste too. Live YOUR life, not what some guy looking for 10% says.

Religion is political, you don't think the Catholic Church yields political power? They're LOADED! Lots and lots of 10%s.

Someday you may realize it's all hokey.

Tags
years, education, evolution

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.