"The Exhaustion of American Liberalism"

Old 03-07-2017, 06:22 AM
n/a

Default "The Exhaustion of American Liberalism"

Shelby Steele is a fellow at Stanford University Hoover Institution and an author How America's Past Sins Have Polarized Our Country. Let me share some of what he wrote:

" the Democratic Party's spiteful reaction to the Trump presidency exposes what modern liberalism has become: a politics shrouded in pathos".

"Unlike the civil rights marches of the 1950's and 60's when protesters wore their Sunday best and carried themselves with heroic dignity, today's liberal marches are marked by incoherence and downright lunacy--hats designed to evoke sexual organs,, poems that scream in anger yet have no point to make, and an hysterical
anti-Americanism. All this suggests lostness, the end of something rather than the beginning. What has ended?"

"America since the 60's has lived through what might be called the age of white guilt"......"White guilt is not actually guilt".....................

"White guilt is not angst over injustices suffered by others; it is terror of being stigmatized with America's old bigotries racism, sexism, homophobia and xenophobia. To be stigmatize as a fellow traveler with these bigotries is to be utterly stripped of moral authority"........................."White guilt is a mock guilt, a pretense of real guilt, a shallow etiquette of empathy, pity and regret"..."it is a mock liberalism. Freedom is not the raison d'etre; moral authority is.

"From that followed today's markers of white guilt political correctness, identity politics, environmental orthodoxy , the diversity cultural and so on."

"I grew up in a black segregated America where it was hard to find an open door. Its harder now for young blacks to find closed one," that is the reality that made Ms Warren's attack on Mr. Sessions so tiresome". ...
"today's liberalism is an anachronism. It has no understanding, really of what poverty is and how it has to be overcome. It has no grip whatever on what American exceptionalism is and what it means at home and abroad." Instead it remains defined by an America of 1965--an America newly opening itself to its sins, an America of genuine goodwill, yet lacking in self-knowledge. This liberalism came into being not as an ideology but as an identity."

"Four thousand shooting in Chicago last year and the mayor announces that he will be a sanctuary city. This is moral esteem over reality; the self congratulation of idealism. Liberalism is exhausted because it has become a corruption."

Shelby Steele "The Exhaustion of American Liberalism"WSJ 3/6/17

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-07-2017, 07:45 AM
n/a

Liberals are a bunch of INFERIORS demanding to be treated as equals. They want "equal results", not equal opportunity.

I would AGREE that there is unwarranted racism in America...IF there wasn't the minority dominated NBA and NFL.

IF you are the BEST...you WILL be chosen irregardless of your gender or race. If you are NOT the best...expect life to be a continuation of when you were a child...and kept getting picked last. Liberal losers are tired of being picked last and want to artificially "raise their standing".

They don't understand...(incapable because of lack of intelligence...lack of logical skills...lack of reason?)...that laws, affirmative action, quotas, do NOT actually MAKE them equal. They don't understand that white men laugh at their delusion.

But...the LAST laugh is on them...as they have succeeded in convincing white men to willingly give up their power. We're going to have to claw it back. We MUST claw it back IF the country, culture, and western civilization is to continue.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Shelby Steele is a fellow at Stanford University Hoover Institution and an author How America's Past Sins Have Polarized Our Country. Let me share some of what he wrote:

" the Democratic Party's spiteful reaction to the Trump presidency exposes what modern liberalism has become: a politics shrouded in pathos".

"Unlike the civil rights marches of the 1950's and 60's when protesters wore their Sunday best and carried themselves with heroic dignity, today's liberal marches are marked by incoherence and downright lunacy--hats designed to evoke sexual organs,, poems that scream in anger yet have no point to make, and an hysterical
anti-Americanism. All this suggests lostness, the end of something rather than the beginning. What has ended?"

"America since the 60's has lived through what might be called the age of white guilt"......"White guilt is not actually guilt".....................

"White guilt is not angst over injustices suffered by others; it is terror of being stigmatized with America's old bigotries racism, sexism, homophobia and xenophobia. To be stigmatize as a fellow traveler with these bigotries is to be utterly stripped of moral authority"........................."White guilt is a mock guilt, a pretense of real guilt, a shallow etiquette of empathy, pity and regret"..."it is a mock liberalism. Freedom is not the raison d'etre; moral authority is.

"From that followed today's markers of white guilt political correctness, identity politics, environmental orthodoxy , the diversity cultural and so on."

"I grew up in a black segregated America where it was hard to find an open door. Its harder now for young blacks to find closed one," that is the reality that made Ms Warren's attack on Mr. Sessions so tiresome". ...
"today's liberalism is an anachronism. It has no understanding, really of what poverty is and how it has to be overcome. It has no grip whatever on what American exceptionalism is and what it means at home and abroad." Instead it remains defined by an America of 1965--an America newly opening itself to its sins, an America of genuine goodwill, yet lacking in self-knowledge. This liberalism came into being not as an ideology but as an identity."

"Four thousand shooting in Chicago last year and the mayor announces that he will be a sanctuary city. This is moral esteem over reality; the self congratulation of idealism. Liberalism is exhausted because it has become a corruption."

Personal Best Regards:
Bee-eye-en-gee-oh!
Old 03-07-2017, 09:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
Liberals are a bunch of INFERIORS demanding to be treated as equals. They want "equal results", not equal opportunity.

I would AGREE that there is unwarranted racism in America...IF there wasn't the minority dominated NBA and NFL.

IF you are the BEST...you WILL be chosen irregardless of your gender or race. If you are NOT the best...expect life to be a continuation of when you were a child...and kept getting picked last. Liberal losers are tired of being picked last and want to artificially "raise their standing".

They don't understand...(incapable because of lack of intelligence...lack of logical skills...lack of reason?)...that laws, affirmative action, quotas, do NOT actually MAKE them equal. They don't understand that white men laugh at their delusion.

But...the LAST laugh is on them...as they have succeeded in convincing white men to willingly give up their power. We're going to have to claw it back. We MUST claw it back IF the country, culture, and western civilization is to continue.
Dear Guest;

The issue this author raises goes beyond racial bias. what he is suggesting is that political leaders on the left used this issue of racial prejudice to control voters and to maintain their power and yet delivered nothing.

This author has hit at the heart of the liberal deception and he suggests that many liberals deluded themselves
into this false premise.

Liberals ought to be outraged at their Party leaders and even more so as they continue their charade.

Classic liberals believed in freedom from the government. Not any more,now liberals consent to not only total federal control by elected officials but also by administrative agencies unelected people (IRS, EPA, etc) who bypass Congress creating and inventing laws and rights that are stripping citizens of their inalienable rights. This is serious stuff and can only lead America to become a totalitarian nation.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-07-2017, 10:14 AM
n/a

Default Re: White guilt

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
I am white. I HAVE NOTHING TO BE GUILTY ABOUT

My father was an injured WWII COMBAT VETERAN. I believe as a vet he got an advanced status into the CITY HOUSING PROJECT where my family lived till I was about 13. At that time it was 10-15% black. It was like West Side story. There was no integration. The whites did not associate with the blacks and the blacks did not associate with the whites. It was a long time ago, I recall a few fights and as I recall the only issue was skin color. I recall OLDER black kids abusing white kids. I recall my sister had a black friend she met through school and the black girl's mother coming over to talk with our mother. I recall the black mother politely suggesting that the friendship needed to end because sooner or later her daughter would be hurt.
I do not recall a long involved explanation from my mother but a simple statement that that is what the girl's mother wanted and my sister crying. Either before or after, I recall seeing with my parents blacks protesting in front of Woolworth. My world was not segregated and my mother had to explain to us what jim crow was.

FOR ME-I've had many black friends. I've come to realize that everyone of my black friends were what I/we call islanders and not American blacks. The islanders, in my view, are much like me, or the way I was brought up. The islanders encourage education and are as a group are among the hardest working people in the US and they also know how to party. Then, there are the American blacks.
The you owe meeeesss.

CALL ME RACIST IF YOU WISH. TRUTH BE TOLD I DO NOT MUCH CARE.

The word PREJUDICE is PRE-JUDGMENT. Any of you behind computer LIBERALS hiding in the 98% white villages want to go on a tour of the real world-NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH OBAMALAND. I grew up at 5240 BROADWAY-RIGHT OFF THE HARLEM RIVER.

Aside-about 20 years ago I had to go to the old neighborhood on business. It is either far worse than it was or as a child with nothing to compare to where you are you do not realize how bad it is or that others have things better. We did not have a TV till I was about 7 and we did not have a car till I was about 12 so my view of the world was for better or for worse limited.

OH-I had a great childhood. We would collect soda bottles turn them in for the deposit and buy a ball at the local card shop. The pensy pinky was .15 and the spalding was .25.
One of the few things that has not been effected with inflation is the deposit on soda bottles. The big ones were .05 and the regular ones were .02. You would then borrow/steal someones mother's broom handle and we would play stick ball for hours. We had yo yos, kites, pushcarts, hopskotch, stoopball, all kinds of games with bottlecaps, dueling chestnuts, watergun-the lugar was the best but it was .15, in coin of the realm that is three of the rare large soda bottles plus one small one to cover the sales tax
Old 03-07-2017, 10:35 AM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Guest;

The issue this author raises goes beyond racial bias. what he is suggesting is that political leaders on the left used this issue of racial prejudice to control voters and to maintain their power and yet delivered nothing.

This author has hit at the heart of the liberal deception and he suggests that many liberals deluded themselves
into this false premise.

Liberals ought to be outraged at their Party leaders and even more so as they continue their charade.

Classic liberals believed in freedom from the government. Not any more,now liberals consent to not only total federal control by elected officials but also by administrative agencies unelected people (IRS, EPA, etc) who bypass Congress creating and inventing laws and rights that are stripping citizens of their inalienable rights. This is serious stuff and can only lead America to become a totalitarian nation.

Personal Best Regards:
Because they ARE inferior and they KNOW they are inferior. They NEED a strong overarching government to FORCE them into places they wouldn't be IF things were allowed to happen freely. They NEED a government forcing affirmative action and quotas...FORCING the drastic reduction in standards. Without a strong government forcing these things...they would be left out in the cold.

We ARE totalitarian...try to do what YOU want...there are over 6,000,000 laws on the books. They'll find SOMETHING to get you on.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:02 AM
n/a

Quote:

My father was an injured WWII COMBAT VETERAN. I believe as a vet he got an advanced status into the CITY HOUSING PROJECT where my family lived till I was about 13. At that time it was 10-15% black. It was like West Side story. There was no integration. The whites did not associate with the blacks and the blacks did not associate with the whites. It was a long time ago, I recall a few fights and as I recall the only issue was skin color. I recall OLDER black kids abusing white kids. I recall my sister had a black friend she met through school and the black girl's mother coming over to talk with our mother. I recall the black mother politely suggesting that the friendship needed to end because sooner or later her daughter would be hurt.
I do not recall a long involved explanation from my mother but a simple statement that that is what the girl's mother wanted and my sister crying. Either before or after, I recall seeing with my parents blacks protesting in front of Woolworth. My world was not segregated and my mother had to explain to us what jim crow was.

FOR ME-I've had many black friends. I've come to realize that everyone of my black friends were what I/we call islanders and not American blacks. The islanders, in my view, are much like me, or the way I was brought up. The islanders encourage education and are as a group are among the hardest working people in the US and they also know how to party. Then, there are the American blacks.
The you owe meeeesss.

The word PREJUDICE is PRE-JUDGMENT. Any of you behind computer LIBERALS hiding in the 98% white villages want to go on a tour of the real world-NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH OBAMALAND. I grew up at 5240 BROADWAY-RIGHT OFF THE HARLEM RIVER.

Aside-about 20 years ago I had to go to the old neighborhood on business. It is either far worse than it was or as a child with nothing to compare to where you are you do not realize how bad it is or that others have things better. We did not have a TV till I was about 7 and we did not have a car till I was about 12 so my view of the world was for better or for worse limited.

OH-I had a great childhood. We would collect soda bottles turn them in for the deposit and buy a ball at the local card shop. The pensy pinky was .15 and the spalding was .25.
One of the few things that has not been effected with inflation is the deposit on soda bottles. The big ones were .05 and the regular ones were .02. You would then borrow/steal someones mother's broom handle and we would play stick ball for hours. We had yo yos, kites, pushcarts, hopskotch, stoopball, all kinds of games with bottlecaps, dueling chestnuts, watergun-the lugar was the best but it was .15, in coin of the realm that is three of the rare large soda bottles plus one small one to cover the sales tax
Do dogs "interact" with cats? Crows and bluejays? No...because they're all different species. WE are different species too.

And hardly the other way around...white kids abusing little black kids. Black kids abuse EVERYONE. Look at the difference between an all white neighborhood and an all black neighborhood...which is safer for ANYONE to walk down? Blacks won't get attacked in a white neighborhood...but whites ARE attacked in black ones.

Yes, she WOULD get hurt. She'd be raped too. Because that is the character of black males. Ask your granddaughters what they think of a group or older black males.

Really? Have you been to Jamaica? Haiti? Those are the "independent" black islands. The places your "friends" came from, are owned by other WHITE countries. WHITE people determine their fate, their education, economy, everything about them. If you want to see the INDEPENDENT "islanders" and what happens when the white support disappears and the blacks are left on their own...Haiti and Jamaica. Blacks just can't govern themselves...ever.

Exactly...the 99% of the black world lives in the inner cities and the "black part of town". They won't take up my offer to drop them off on MLK Blvd at midnight.

It was worse. There are more blacks now, it's not 15%, it's 50%...or more...and it's MUCH worse. It's THEM. They are NOT us.

NOT if you lived there now...it would be dangerous and violent. You wouldn't be out playing stickball, you'd be locked away in your apartment. Avoiding the black gangs so as not to be chased/attacked.

Isn't it a shame they tax simple purchases? Almost all my life I've had to add in tax. I still remember the first time I had to pay tax. I bought something for .99 expecting change when to my astonishment, he demanded MORE! Another .02!
Old 03-07-2017, 11:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
Do dogs "interact" with cats? Crows and bluejays? No...because they're all different species. WE are different species too.

And hardly the other way around...white kids abusing little black kids. Black kids abuse EVERYONE. Look at the difference between an all white neighborhood and an all black neighborhood...which is safer for ANYONE to walk down? Blacks won't get attacked in a white neighborhood...but whites ARE attacked in black ones.

Yes, she WOULD get hurt. She'd be raped too. Because that is the character of black males. Ask your granddaughters what they think of a group or older black males.

Really? Have you been to Jamaica? Haiti? Those are the "independent" black islands. The places your "friends" came from, are owned by other WHITE countries. WHITE people determine their fate, their education, economy, everything about them. If you want to see the INDEPENDENT "islanders" and what happens when the white support disappears and the blacks are left on their own...Haiti and Jamaica. Blacks just can't govern themselves...ever.

Exactly...the 99% of the black world lives in the inner cities and the "black part of town". They won't take up my offer to drop them off on MLK Blvd at midnight.

It was worse. There are more blacks now, it's not 15%, it's 50%...or more...and it's MUCH worse. It's THEM. They are NOT us.

NOT if you lived there now...it would be dangerous and violent. You wouldn't be out playing stickball, you'd be locked away in your apartment. Avoiding the black gangs so as not to be chased/attacked.

Isn't it a shame they tax simple purchases? Almost all my life I've had to add in tax. I still remember the first time I had to pay tax. I bought something for .99 expecting change when to my astonishment, he demanded MORE! Another .02!
And the resident racist speaks again....but you are sadly wrong on one point. We are, in point of fact, all the same species that being homo sapiens but we are of different races.

Homo sapiens - Wikipedia

Here is what we do know MEN in general commit rapes:

https://wearawhitefeather.wordpress....re-statistics/

Here we find that 57% of rapes are committed by WHITE MEN.

Perpetrators of Sexual Violence: Statistics | RAINN
Old 03-08-2017, 05:35 AM
n/a

Quote:

The you owe meeeesss.

Dear Poster:

interesting as my experience living in a small New York town was similar right down to collecting soda bottles for spending money. the blacks in our town were descendants of the Underground railroad whose leading proponent Harriet Tubman lived in our town, her home still stands.

We lived side by side with blacks, courtesies extended, etc. yet both felt it best to socialize separately.

Martin Luther King was right when he said judge a man by character and not color. when people speak against blacks notice its really character they are referencing. The black community in our town were people who were well bred by their parents to achieve and become contributors to our society. every black in our high school graduating class went on to college and successful careers

Personal Best Regards:
Old 03-08-2017, 06:00 AM
n/a

Quote:

"
IF you are the BEST...you WILL be chosen irregardless of your gender or race."

What planet are you living on, doofus?
Old 03-08-2017, 06:04 AM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Poster:

interesting as my experience living in a small New York town was similar right down to collecting soda bottles for spending money. the blacks in our town were descendants of the Underground railroad whose leading proponent Harriet Tubman lived in our town, her home still stands.

We lived side by side with blacks, courtesies extended, etc. yet both felt it best to socialize separately.

Martin Luther King was right when he said judge a man by character and not color. when people speak against blacks notice its really character they are referencing. The black community in our town were people who were well bred by their parents to achieve and become contributors to our society. every black in our high school graduating class went on to college and successful careers

Personal Best Regards:
But yet you put them down collectively.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
And the resident racist speaks again....but you are sadly wrong on one point. We are, in point of fact, all the same species that being homo sapiens but we are of different races.

Homo sapiens - Wikipedia

Here is what we do know MEN in general commit rapes:

Rape Culture & Statistics | The Order of the White Feather

Here we find that 57% of rapes are committed by WHITE MEN.

Perpetrators of Sexual Violence: Statistics | RAINN
That is blatantly NOT true.

They count Hispanics as white.

FBI — Table 43

Do you see Hispanic anywhere on that chart?

Quote:
Dear Poster:

Personal Best Regards:
I DO judge by character...the character that DESTROYS every place they go.

EVERY one of them graduated and went on to college? What did you have 2 blacks in your school?

Go back NOW...I bet it's a LOT different now. Is there a MLK Blvd? If not, you don't have enough blacks to make it a crappy place. They're like ALL minorities...OK in small numbers...destroyers when the numbers get large.

Quote:
"
IF you are the BEST...you WILL be chosen irregardless of your gender or race."

What planet are you living on, doofus?
Yes you will...IF you are REALLY the best.

WHY do we have quotas IF they're really equal? IF they WERE the best...they'd be hired...like you said. They're NOT the best...so the ONLY way "in" is through affirmative action and quotas.

The blacks are OVER represented in certain sports...NBA, NFL...boxing...and UNDERREPRESENTED in everything else...because they're NOT good at it.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
But yet you put them down collectively.
Because he KNOWS they're not our equal, they're NOT the same as us. We BELONG separated... He lives in Whiteville...enough said...SAY they're equal...but keep them FAR FAR away.

Tags
white, liberalism, american, exhaustion

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.