Face to Face! Please read!!!!

Old 07-18-2012, 11:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilosche View Post
I'm sorry to hear this discussion...Please don't leave, instead, read what others have to say, walk away from items that infuriate...but only for the time it takes to let the emotions subside and logical thinking return. Then write a rebuttal based on fact, not emotion. Yes this may take some research on your part but your rebuttal will put your opponent to shame. If those who disagree with you start their argument with slings and arrows, they have already lost...don't stoop to their level, rise above, prove your point...the discussion will remain civil, we will all remain friends, even if we have differing opinions.
This thread is four years old. Or am I missing something?
Old 02-17-2015, 04:30 PM
n/a

"Can't we all just get along?" Who said this?
Old 03-04-2015, 09:49 AM
n/a

Default Rodney King quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
"Can't we all just get along?" Who said this?
This is mostly attributed, according to web sources, to Rodney King in a public appearance after his LAPD experience: "People, I just want to say, can't we all get along?" Over the years, and in different venues (songs, articles, etc.) it has been slightly changed from time to time to what you posted. Btw....wasn't til I looked this up that I remembered Rodney died at the young age of 47! Ciao!
Old 04-27-2015, 07:12 AM
n/a

Wwjd?
Old 09-27-2015, 08:03 AM
n/a

Default What happened to Decorum and Respectfulness?

What happened to decorum and a sense of respect?

Quote:
Here is the golden rule.

When posting here,or anywhere else on this forum, use exactly the same words and phrases you would use if you were face to face with the person to whom you are responding.

Anybody who uses contorted spellings of members screen names or makes statements that are inflammatory simply because they are hiding behind a keyboard, in my estimation, is a coward. That kind of activity was not okay in high school, and it's not okay here.

This also applies to private messages.

The administrators are real tired of receiving emails and messages about what members are calling each other and what one said about another. If you can't be civil here, please leave.
Old 07-30-2016, 11:09 PM
n/a

It is obvious that this forum is completely unmoderated....and that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

While there are certain advantages for those that need to blow off steam in anonymity, I have just a couple of suggestions (suggestions only)...that might make it a better forum.

1. Assigning some type of identifier to members posting, even if it is simply 'Guest1,' Guest2,' Guest3, etc. IMHO, it would make it a lot easier to know who it is that you are addressing and avoid a lot of confusion and false accusations toward those who might not have even posted to you.

2. Hide the Political Forum posts from the Home Page, so that it takes a request to management to access this forum forum. I think it would be a benefit to what is otherwise a great family friendly site, if a passer-bye couldn't click and see some of the really nasty stuff posted in this forum. You can still show it on the Home Page, just have a notice that it takes a request to management if you want access to it. That is the way the site I moderated worked and it seemed to work well.

Not a mandate to management by any means, simply a couple of suggestions...that I believe would make things a bit better IMHO.

CNM
Old 08-11-2016, 02:12 PM
n/a

This is on the brink of being very corrupt. No 1st amendment for you!!
Old 08-11-2016, 03:21 PM
n/a

Quote:
This thread is four years old. Or am I missing something?
You aren't missing a thing -- except part of this thread is eight years old.
Old 12-17-2017, 10:13 AM
n/a

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Here is the golden rule.

When posting here,or anywhere else on this forum, use exactly the same words and phrases you would use if you were face to face with the person to whom you are responding.

Anybody who uses contorted spellings of members screen names or makes statements that are inflammatory simply because they are hiding behind a keyboard, in my estimation, is a coward. That kind of activity was not okay in high school, and it's not okay here.

This also applies to private messages.

The administrators are real tired of receiving emails and messages about what members are calling each other and what one said about another. If you can't be civil here, please leave.

These are wise words.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.