Face to Face! Please read!!!!

Old 11-09-2008, 07:48 PM
n/a

I agree with Bright, the election is over and now we have aftermath. Whether civil or dribble as you call it, so be it, time to move on and slay other dragons. All's fair in love and war. The Political thread was war. Anything goes, right...You win some and you lose some, that's life, etc, etc.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:51 PM
n/a

So...are these comments that all of you would make face to face? That's what this thread is about and I am curious.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyM View Post
I agree with Bright, the election is over and now we have aftermath. Whether civil or dribble as you call it, so be it, time to move on and slay other dragons. All's fair in love and war. The Political thread was war. Anything goes, right...You win some and you lose some, that's life, etc, etc.

If I am reading all these comments, there is to be NO MORE POLITICAL discussion since the Presidential election is over...is that it ?

Are we not allowed to discuss what is going on...what is proposed OR will be subject to responses when we do try and discuss...."hey the game is over"....or "that ship has sailed".

Has all political discussion been wiped away now ???????? You folks seem to think that political discussion is limited to a "season" !
Old 11-09-2008, 07:52 PM
n/a

Bucco, I really don't want to engage you but you are not following the Golden Rule given by our Talk Host. You are leveling charges without any proof of the posts themselves. Who are we talking about? The name of this thread is Face to Face.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:55 PM
n/a

Just one more thing...JOHNNYM says we have "aftermath"...what is that exactly. There was discussion on proposed legislation...is that not allowed for some reason now ?

Listen I opposed Sen Obama in his race but have said here and will say again....I am an American first and I hope his presidency is a walloping success for this country, but I will not stop discussing issues and will not stop having an opinion on what is going on. That seems like what you all are saying and the flip cutsey remarks you seem be defending...well, if that is how we, as americans, are supposed to act now....dont disagree...dont discuss...then, well we are sunk, arent we ??
Old 11-09-2008, 07:58 PM
n/a

Well now.....the Eagles and the Colts are playing tonight. Wooohooooo
And in other news, does the word "schlossed" mean anything in regards to this thread?
Old 11-09-2008, 07:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post
So...are these comments that all of you would make face to face? That's what this thread is about and I am curious.

This is how I feel....not sure what this means what you are saying. Your question could be asked of every poster on every post and I dont understand it.
The administrator started a thread and it is being discussed...here we go again....it is not in agreement with you and others so we should just shut up and go away...not the way this country works !
Old 11-09-2008, 07:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
And in other news, does the word "schlossed" mean anything in regards to this thread?

Dont agree with the thread....get cutsey !! Got it !!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:01 PM
n/a

Quote:

By the way, it is the Eagles and the Giants....Colts beat Pittsburgh earlier !
Old 11-09-2008, 08:02 PM
n/a

Bucco, the "aftermath" I mentioned was the negativity displayed by Fumar. Political discussion will never die and I did not say it should. The winner was named and the remarks, whether you thought cutesy or not, were part of the process. So political commentary will continue, where is the problem you keep referring to?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyM View Post
Bucco, the "aftermath" I mentioned was the negativity displayed by Fumar. Political discussion will never die and I did not say it should. The winner was named and the remarks, whether you thought cutesy or not, were part of the process. So political commentary will continue, where is the problem you keep referring to?

The comments I refer to were AFTER the election !!!! You do not simply tell someone when discussing an issue...."that ship has sailed" or make cute cracks about the posters. I mean you can, and I dont understand defense of it...but maybe it is me. I simply want to discuss politics....
Old 11-09-2008, 08:16 PM
n/a

Schlossed...what's schlossed???
Twas brillig and the sl.........toad....did gear and gimble in the wamby.

GO GIANTS
Old 11-09-2008, 08:24 PM
n/a

Bucco I only posted here because I didn't understand Fumar's post. Then Steve and then you. It sounded like we didn't win let's get some retribution. You are saying it had nothing to do with the election and I can't confirm or deny your accusations therefore I will bow out. I just feel if the Admins did not admonish the poster or pull the post it was legit. Part of the give and take.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:36 PM
n/a

Well Blondie, that got his attention!!! LOL
Yes Bucco, I did want to interject something "cutsey" and wrong to derail where this thread was heading. Oops..where it is. Things have been rather civil lately. Boring but civil. Now all hell breaks loose and look at the page views soar. It would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad. I think we are all so furious about what has happened to our country that we are striking out at one another because we have NO apparent ability to strike at those that have brought our nation almost to its' knees. Many of us have seen our savings and investments
decrease at a rate that is shocking. I think most of the fury I see here is a result of impotent rage at the unfairness of this financial collapse.
BTW Bucco, I knew it was one of those Manning boys. LOL
Old 11-09-2008, 09:11 PM
n/a

Default Give It a Rest.

Maybe I can put this particularly ugly thread to rest as Fumar, SteveZ and Bucco are talking about me.

Bucco, I think you truly love politics. Much more than I do. Yes, I do, at times, give "cutesy" remarks. I don't know how something like "This ship has sailed." is such a problem, but if my remarks offended you, I wholeheartedly apologize. You are a much more serious debater then I am.

SteveZ, I also think you truly love politics. We have never been on the same page, but I thought that was alright in this country. I thought that's what this country was all about. The freedom to exchange ideas, the freedom to comment. It might not be in the style you'd comment, but it's still my right.

Fumar, PERHAPS I'D BETTER TYPE THIS IN CAPS BECAUSE THAT'S HOW YOU THINK YOU CAN GET YOUR POINT ACROSS. Yet, I don't know what your point is? You've left many people baffled here. Was it your point to put me down personally ? Were you angry at something else and I was an easy target? Honestly, I don't think you had a point.

Johnny asked "who you were all talking about?" And no one answered. So I will. They were all talking about me. But, no one had the courage to say it.

So rant on and pretend this is all about me. Let's pretend it's not about who won or lost. Let's pretend none of it is sour grapes. I won't respond again. The floor is yours. And, yes, I would say everything I comment on, Face to Face.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.