Face to Face!  Please read!!!!

Face to Face! Please read!!!!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 11-10-2008, 05:24 AM
n/a

I guess our forum has turned into a chat room.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:14 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peachie View Post
Bucco, I was on the same side of the fence as you for this election but didn't realize you were the moderator of all matter posted. I feel intimidated and bullied by you and I'm on YOUR side. I have valid political basis for my decisions and have done the research but the rhetoric and tone here has ruined my taste for the political forum. BTW, "that ship has sailed" does convey a message and does leave room for discussion from you. I don't know Chels personally and we've sparred over the election but I'm probably considered part of her gang. Those are your opinions and you are entitled to them just as Chels is entitled hers. Look in the mirror, we are all so human!

NOBODY EVER SAID that anyone is not entitled to their opinion. HOWEVER personal remarks, IN MY OPINION...not trying to tell anyone else...BUT IN MY OPINION do not belong. If you folks feel that you can slam posters INSTEAD of discussing issues,that is fine with me.

I learn from folks who post on here and when I read a post, I mostly end up investigating what was said to broaden my knowledge.

Obviously there are more who think that the personal, cute remarks without discussing the issue is the way to go, thus I bow to you and will try to just sort through it all and read what I want.

I DID NOT begin this thread....I DID NOT instigate the discussion on one single poster......I did however try to confront it head on....for that I am truely sorry. This is not a new issue on here, as most of you know. It was addressed and the majority seem to feel it is fine...I accept that and all the little digs that come with it !

I can only imagine the reaction if I came on one of the many threads on here and offered nothing about the subject matter, but simply made digs at the posters with whom I disagree !!!!

You remark about me being the moderator is accepted...not sure I understand it.....as I said, I did NOT START this discussion and offered my opinion only.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2008, 08:32 AM
n/a

When I was taught as a child NEVER to discuss religion or politics outside of your home and family I wondered why.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
Maybe I can put this particularly ugly thread to rest as Fumar, SteveZ and Bucco are talking about me.
SteveZ, I also think you truly love politics. We have never been on the same page, but I thought that was alright in this country. I thought that's what this country was all about. The freedom to exchange ideas, the freedom to comment. It might not be in the style you'd comment, but it's still my right.
Chels,

There was never a question about "freedom to..." In that same "freedom...." is also the freedom to inform when remarks get too insulting and too demeaning. That has occurred several times with as much civility as possible, but just seems to be written off as "it's just my style, tough it out..." So be it, then.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:27 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
Good response, Chels. I give you a lot of credit and respect for facing the heat head on.
I would hope that discussion of our public figures doesn't degrade any further than what one would hear on O'Reilly, Leno, or Jon Stewart. Public figures are fair game...TOTV members are not.
As always, Seven is the voice of reason. I have enjoyed all past political posts; and yes, at times there were some low blows thrown. By both sides. Now that the election is over, I hope political discussions continue. I learn a lot from the informed posters and I think we can all ignore any superficialities and enjoy the wisdom.

And I hope we remember Seven's wise words: Public figures are fair game, TOTV members are not.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:25 PM
n/a

Might be a good spot for this one to end, I kinda lost track of how many channels this one turned to. Holidays are around the corner, lets all be kind and get along.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:54 PM
n/a

Okay Money, let's test the waters..... If you all are serious for ending this contentious thread on a high note, just post the following one word and I will start it off:

Amen!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:03 PM
n/a

Amen
Old 11-10-2008, 04:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyM View Post
Okay Money, let's test the waters..... If you all are serious for ending this contentious thread on a high note, just post the following one word and I will start it off:

Amen!
Amen
Old 11-10-2008, 05:28 PM
n/a

Amen.