Face to Face! Please read!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 09:36 AM
n/a

Smile Agreed!

Bright! You are 100% spot on. It's time to move on. People will be people, will be people. There will always be debates, they just should not be taken to a personal level between posters.

It's a new day! As my eloquent (Hahaha) daughter would say "Suck it up sistah!" (She has such a way with words. )
"We're burnin' daylight." (Which I think means "Life is too short.")

Time to move past old hurts.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:43 AM
n/a

Talking

Spot on, Chels, Bright,Boomer,Gracie,
Old 11-05-2008, 09:46 AM
n/a

When people who don't even know someone and call them a racist,I find it hard to forgive and forget.
I'm sure they wouldn't say that to my face.
As an aside,having a political forum might have bee a bad idea,I've seen politics ruin another great forum with over 500,000 members.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:52 AM
n/a

Post Aww

Eddie! Who called you a racist? Tell me and I will smack them. You're one of the sweetest guys I know.

Woot, chels
Old 11-05-2008, 09:55 AM
n/a

ejp, I agree with you 100%. Politics has caused hard feelings between so many people that could be good friends. This has been such a divisive time for us as a nation. I think Senator McCain showed utmost grace in his concession speech last night and I was energized by the Obama speech. I think they showed an America united. We should be united as well. It is over. I know it is often difficult to forgive things people have said and done. I hope everyone will forgive and forget some of the terrible things said on political. It's a new day in America. Let's move forward with a renewed sense of hope for a better tomorrow.. for America and the world. God Bless America!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Mom View Post
I agree with everybody!!!
Everybody have a great day.

Be nice to Best Mom and everybody!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekop View Post
Tony, thanks for the new rule - in my opinion its a good one.
GEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I wrote this rule...... Why is Tony getting credit for it.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post

I will give you both credit for this rule and thank you for it. I think it is something we should all live by.
I loved TOTV and couldn't wait to read the threads--learned alot of things about so many different subjects and it was a fun place to be. Hoping it will become that again now that this election is over.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:23 AM
n/a

Jan, why does Tony get the credit??? He pays us to post praising him.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
No! TH, please! Please! Please! No!

Do not cast aspersions upon Tony.

We were all being so peaceful and nice this morning. I was so loving it.

Please do not make it the Jerry Springer Show by getting into a big brawl with Tony. OK?

Boomer
Old 11-05-2008, 11:04 AM
n/a

No brawl coming from here.

I have to leave now to mail out the checks.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:31 AM
n/a

Tony, I got my two dollars yesterday. You now have $1.75 credit.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:19 PM
n/a

Talk host,
That is a very good, easy to understand rule.

I enjoy this forum, but agree with some that the political forum, IMHO, was allowed to get too personal and nasty. It looked like in some cases it hurt friendships and people who in many cases are neighbors.

I am a moderator on a very large forum. I constantly have to remind posters to discuss ideas, viewpoints, etc respectfully WITHOUT being disrespectful to divergent views. On that forum, I have to sadly delete posts, ban posters, etc, all with the goal of keeping a healthy forum....weeding the garden so the flowers can grow, so to speak. It is a tough responsibility, not a power trip as some may think.

Usually great debates, controversies, etc, are just that because each side has some valid points, and we must strive to at least understand both sides, even when only agreeing with one. When we stoop to personal attacks, it just weakens our views, and does no good whatsoever. If one's viewpoint has any credence, it should be able to withstand debate and healthy discussion.

I agree with all those here who say, "Let's move on", but perhaps we do better for this forum by also learning some lessons here........

Afterall, most of us picked up, (or plan on) picking up our whole lives and at great expense decided on building a whole new life in paradise for the rest of our days......why would we do that, only to risk hurting the dream by making enemies instead of friends...??

Frank D.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:45 PM
n/a

Talking TOTV is #1

I enjoy hanging out at several public forums, including the one Faithful Frank has mentioned (one of my favorites) but TOTV is very special in that it has a common goal - an appreciation of The Villages Lifestyle !

I can understand why negative posts are frowned upon but from the perspective of a wannabee I seek the truth and hope to make friends.

I'm glad we all agree the success of any forum depends on the participants' respect for each other and the Administrators' duty to maintain control. It's gonna be a LONG...... BLEAK.....WET....... COLD....... winter ..... in s/Oregon and TOTV is where I'm gonna be
Old 11-05-2008, 01:59 PM
n/a

TALKHOST....the rule you stated is just plain common sense and should be respected.

The reason I posted on this thread is two fold. Someone eary in the thread mentioned a "clique" and also mentioned about how perhaps a political forum was a bad idea.

Well, yes there is a "clique" but they are like the bullies we all recall from grade school, which I mention only to support those who have said that and been the victim of the same folks in some order following each other to attack.

More importantly the political forum does not cause bad manners. I have been discussing politics in one manner or another for years, and enjoy even heated discussions giving and taking. Yes, as someone once said, you dont change anyones mind, but you develop your mind this way. You may not convince me to change my mind but you may show me a different way to look at issues.

It does not have to ever get personal...oh, if someone makes it that way, not matter how hard you try you find yoruself responding.

Problem with political discussion is that folks who know very little about anything will go for the personal stuff....shoe color, etc and simply throw out small snippets with no link or backup to show that they ate least researched what they have to say and allow the others to read what they read IN CONTEXT.

I guess the bottom line of my wordy post is that I totally support your rule, imagine any fair minded person also does, hope you enforce it and thank you for this opportunity !

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.