Face to Face! Please read!!!!

Old 11-05-2008, 02:52 PM
n/a

Bucco,

Your post is correct. The political area is a needed entity as so many people can learn from each other. You may never change their mind, nor they yours, but you may teach each other new ways of looking at our governement.

On a side note to others:

I see that the manager of this forum TH has posted this in the political area.

I think it should be noted for all areas of this internet site. As for any type of "clique" it seems everyone wants to make a new start. A lot of the rude statements were posted outside of political. My point in short is that we need to keep this "advice" within every area of this internet community.

The country is healing with the hope of the future. I hope this place will too. I am enjoying it for the most part.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Mom View Post
I agree with everybody!!!
Everybody have a great day.
I agree we should all be kind to one another as life is too short. Have a good day all.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhass View Post

It's a new day in America. Let's move forward with a renewed sense of hope for a better tomorrow.. for America and the world. God Bless America!!!!!!!!!

Sam, great post. I feel the same way. And I truly hope that we can all move forward in a positive way, treating each other with respect at all times. God Bless America.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:32 PM
n/a

Let me straighten a lamp shade here. That seems what I do a lot of.

Coney Island Babe said something about understanding why negative posts are frowned upon, and that she wants to see truth.

We, too, want to see truth.

Jan said if you can't say it face to face, don't say it.

I said if its personal insult, its going to be deleted.

We did not say we frown on negative posts. We have all seen a lot of them. We don't encourage them or discourage them. We have seen negative posts corrected by others.

We want fairness and civility and not only positive. And not only negative. Honesty. Fun.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:27 PM
n/a

Let me put my two cents in on this subject. I don't know which forum these alleged attacks took place, but if it was in the political forum, I have to tell you, it is a pretty tough place to post in. During the political campaigns, it got pretty nasty in there, and I have to be honest, I too got defensive at times. The topics are heated and passionate. I personally don't believe, if someone is talking trash, that they should be able to cry foul, when someone talks trash back. However, if it were in any other forum, I would feel very differently. Then I would say, string the perpetrator up... Well that might be a bit drastic. Maybe with the campaigns behind us, we can all be a little more civil to each other, and remember that we all share the same dream. Please don't pull my post?
Old 11-06-2008, 05:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony View Post
Let me straighten a lamp shade here. That seems what I do a lot of.

Coney Island Babe said something about understanding why negative posts are frowned upon, and that she wants to see truth.

We, too, want to see truth.

Jan said if you can't say it face to face, don't say it.

I said if its personal insult, its going to be deleted.

We did not say we frown on negative posts. We have all seen a lot of them. We don't encourage them or discourage them. We have seen negative posts corrected by others.

We want fairness and civility and not only positive. And not only negative. Honesty. Fun.

I have to agree with this, I made a post that I should not have. I did hear about it. After thinking more on the situation Tony, I have to agree with you and offer my apology. People do see things differently and if I stepped across the line I didnt mean anything by it. That applies to all who may have have thought it was out of line.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:14 AM
n/a

I look up to people who can and will apologize if after thinking about something they realize they could be mistaken. It shows depth, smarts, confidence and flexibility to grow.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:24 AM
n/a

BUT. If they continue to argue the same point after having said I'm sorry, then I want to smack them.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:54 AM
n/a

Default THANK YOU Tony.....

"We did not say we frown on negative posts. We have all seen a lot of them. We don't encourage them or discourage them. We have seen negative posts corrected by others.

We want fairness and civility and not only positive. And not only negative. Honesty "

Thank you Tony for stating your position on negative posts; I don't know where I got the idea they were frowned upon. As long as a person states his/her opinion in earnest, without malice or disrespect -- it should be acceptable to express the negative as well as positive aspects of life in TV -- and as a sincere wannabee -- I want to know it all !!

Thanks again, Admin - for your excellent product
Old 11-09-2008, 10:35 AM
n/a

Smile Face to face

I believe an easy way to stop the insults is to have one's REAL name here , instead of phony "handles".

When your real name is used, the mud slinging will stop.

That's my message, and my REAL name is,

Tony Cirocco
Old 11-09-2008, 10:57 AM
n/a

But, Tony Cirroco, we probably wouldn't like to tell about our "worst" dates and the like if everyone knew who we were.... . Old flames may hear about our confessions.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:57 AM
n/a

Default Good point.

My real name is Gracie too.

The devil is making me do this.

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.

That's my name toooooooooo.

Whenever we go out.

People always shout.

There goes John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.

la la lala...............
Old 11-09-2008, 11:07 AM
n/a

Gracie, honey.... put that extra strength double latte down on the table right now and go walk around the block until the road stops rolling up and down under your feet! Methinks thou art getting punchy.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:29 AM
n/a

NAW. It is just a little over coffeed is all Peach. I am a blonde and entitled to be ditsy.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:35 AM
n/a

Gracie,
I am going to lend you my "BLONDE AND SMART" tee shirt. You will wear it proudly I know b/c it is descriptive of you.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.