Dont you love the media....

Old 02-16-2015, 05:43 PM
n/a

Default Dont you love the media....

Gail Collins of the New York Times is just about the most liberal reporter over there and spends almost all of her time attacking Republicans and with great glee.

During the 2012 campaign, she took great delight in mentioning Mitt Romneys dog in almost every column......issues to be discussed, etc but she kept after that.

Well, she made an error and it would be very difficult to find out about this because as we all know, the NYTimes makes no errors and the media has no bias.

"In hindsight, perhaps the headline “Scott Walker Needs An Eraser” wasn’t the best idea.
In a recent column about the Wisconsin governor, a conservative Republican, New York Times columnist Gail Collins wrote that Walker had cut state aid to education, causing teacher layoffs in 2010. But Walker didn’t take office until 2011.

Whoops.

Conservative news sites had a field day with the error over the weekend, with The Weekly Standard’s John McCormack calling out the (since deleted and corrected, but archived) mistaken section in question.
Collins wrote that Walker’s recent speech in Iowa was all about “waging war on public employee unions, particularly the ones for teachers.” She cited the case of a Claudia Felske, who took issue with Walker’s characterization of the layoffs.

New York Times corrects Scott Walker column - Nick Gass - POLITICO

Of course we have this.....

"Collins did not reply to an email seeking comment.""

Read more: New York Times corrects Scott Walker column - Nick Gass - POLITICO

Recall when political races started shortly before the election took place and the candidates gave their positions on issues, and the voters decided on a candidate ??

Now...well, know that I understand the NYTimes actually tracked down Walker's junior high school science teacher looking and looking.

It just amazes me. Well, other words rather than "amazes" but cannot say them all here.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:55 PM
n/a

Walker is a second-tier candidate and going nowhere.

Kinda surprised Collins wasted time writing a story about the guy
Old 02-16-2015, 05:57 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post

I was also, but it surely bodes well for Walker, because posters on here are on the attack on him...must be scaring somebody !!!
Old 02-16-2015, 06:18 PM
n/a

Quote:

You know, I think Dems are starting to figure out Walker is a bonafide threat .. hence their initial instinct is to belittle, make fun of etc ...

I'm enjoying this phenomenon
Old 02-16-2015, 06:30 PM
n/a

Quote:
You know, I think Dems are starting to figure out Walker is a bonafide threat .. hence their initial instinct is to belittle, make fun of etc ...

I'm enjoying this phenomenon

Should a college drop out even be considered? It would seem that Gov Walker lacked the initiative to go back and earn a few credits over a period of 20 years.

This might be a good topic for a new thread. Should POTUS have a college degree? Most entry-level jobs require one these days, why not POTUS.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Should a college drop out even be considered? It would seem that Gov Walker lacked the initiative to go back and earn a few credits over a period of 20 years.

This might be a good topic for a new thread. Should POTUS have a college degree? Most entry-level jobs require one these days, why not POTUS.
Start a thread then.....be everyone's guest. You seem obsessed with this mans intelligence level so have at it.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Start a thread then.....be everyone's guest. You seem obsessed with this mans intelligence level so have at it.
Even Sarah Palin finally graduated after attending six different colleges.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:53 PM
n/a

Quote:

Dear guest: You may want to direct that question to Bill Gates
Old 02-16-2015, 06:56 PM
n/a

Quote:

Dear guest: Once again a reminder that you have not made a legitimate counterpoint but an emotional charge. Your charge may or may not be correct but we can't know unless you offer reasons why you believe Walker is a second tier candidate

Personal Best Regards:
Old 02-16-2015, 06:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dear guest: Once again a reminder that you have not made a legitimate counterpoint but an emotional charge. Your charge may or may not be correct but we can't know unless you offer reasons why you believe Walker is a second tier candidate

Personal Best Regards:
I just started a thread on Walker to satisfy this hunger for information on his youth.

Dont you wish that the background stuff on certain current elected officials was so open ???? Records sealed on college, etc.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:00 PM
n/a

Reporters such as Collins do a great disservice to their profession and the new York Times diminishes itself by their continual allowing reporters to fabricate stories.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:34 PM
n/a

In 2008 a heretofore nobody like Obama can come out of the woodwork and bump off the supposed most likely to win, Clinton.......why not Walker or someone we haven't even herd about yet????
Old 02-16-2015, 07:42 PM
n/a

Gov Walker has accomplished great things with the Wisconsin economy, won election three times in a blue state, and is experienced and well spoken....i think this trumps a degree from college anytime.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:14 PM
n/a

Quote:
Gov Walker has accomplished great things with the Wisconsin economy, won election three times in a blue state, and is experienced and well spoken....i think this trumps a degree from college anytime.
And since foreign policy is going to play a big part in the next election, what exactly is his foreign policy experience?
Old 02-16-2015, 08:15 PM
n/a

Quote:
And since foreign policy is going to play a big part in the next election, what exactly is his foreign policy experience?
Same or more than the current President had !!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.