APNewsbreak: Democrats seek relief from health law penalties

Old 02-16-2015, 06:16 PM
n/a

Default APNewsbreak: Democrats seek relief from health law penalties

Wow, talk about "what goes around, comes around" couple with amusing irony ...

Associated Press
Old 02-16-2015, 06:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post

Associated Press
This law has not really even taken affect yet !!! This income tax season will open some eyes, but maybe in a few years, they will realize.

You know, all the polls that one or two posters seem to want to post are funny in a way. If you all recall how the Republicans kept saying how only a small percentage of americans supported the new Health care law.

It is my opinion, they could not even make that judgement because even those who voted it in did not know and still do not know....it is my opinion that they did not like the MANNER IN WHICH IT WAS ENACTED. Almost 90% of this country backs so much of the bill, but hate the way we were maniputlated.

I feel that way about all the polls...tells you nothing..depends.

But this law will need MAJOR surgery and sadly it will cost many many people over the next years.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
This law has not really even taken affect yet !!! This income tax season will open some eyes, but maybe in a few years, they will realize.

You know, all the polls that one or two posters seem to want to post are funny in a way. If you all recall how the Republicans kept saying how only a small percentage of americans supported the new Health care law.

It is my opinion, they could not even make that judgement because even those who voted it in did not know and still do not know....it is my opinion that they did not like the MANNER IN WHICH IT WAS ENACTED. Almost 90% of this country backs so much of the bill, but hate the way we were maniputlated.

But this law will need MAJOR surgery and sadly it will cost many many people over the next years.
And the highlighted claim is backed up wher?
Old 02-16-2015, 07:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
And the highlighted claim is backed up wher?
Allow me to correct. MY OPINION, because I never heard or saw printed anywhere that Americans did not want lower health care costs, allowance or pre existing conditions, etc.

If you have heard that, let me know....perhaps I should have said...MAJORITY...will that work or do you really think most Americans are not for that ?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:37 PM
n/a

I have been polled on whether I have a positive or negative opinion of the ACA. I have answered negative. I don't think it went far enough as I support single payer for all. So when you see polls on the ACA, keep in mind that some of the negative people feel the law is too WEAK. And I am not alone

Not all of the opposition to the health care law comes from the right," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Thirty-nine percent say they oppose the law because it's too liberal, but 12% say they oppose it because it's not liberal enough."
CNN Poll: Support for Obamacare slightly edges up – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
Old 02-16-2015, 10:40 PM
n/a

Quote:

Associated Press
Why are you amused? Can you explain what the concern of the Democrats might be and if there is any chance Republicans would go along with a modification that might help up to 4 million taxpayers?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:55 PM
n/a

Most recent Kaiser poll asking re features of the ACA

Attached Images
File Type: jpg aca.jpg (71.0 KB, 10 views)
Old 02-17-2015, 09:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
... I have been polled on whether I have a positive or negative opinion of the ACA. I have answered negative. I don't think it went far enough as I support single payer for all. So when you see polls on the ACA, keep in mind that some of the negative people feel the law is too WEAK ...
A good liberal never lets reality stand in the way of forcing their noble visions on the rest of us.

"But a (single payer) plan to enact just such a system in Sanders’s home state of Vermont suffered a major setback in December when Gov. Peter Shumlin (D), who had been a champion of the effort, dropped the proposal, concluding it was not financially feasible. "

Sanders puts brave face on single-payer troubles | TheHill
Old 02-17-2015, 09:36 AM
n/a

Manipulations of polls is the worse kept secret. hence they do not sway me one way or another.

what does sway me are the countless comments by people who expected succor with ACA and instead discovered they had been suckered.

The desire for a single payer is such a horrible idea. the government via ACA, medicare etc has placed such pressure on the independent system of doctors that their practices are dropping like flies.

the demand that doctors implement an electronic medical record system has been a failure in that it has lowered quality of care substantially and increased a medical doctors cost of doing business and the electronic records create many errors. My cardio complained about this system a year ago as he keyboarded our conversation without looking up and really observing me as a patient. In addition the government has slashed medical cost so much that many doctors are opting out of the third party payer system and billing their patients directly. Can you imagine the chaos if we go to a single payer model

ACA was a very bad idea from the beginning
Old 02-17-2015, 09:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
Manipulations of polls is the worse kept secret. hence they do not sway me one way or another.

what does sway me are the countless comments by people who expected succor with ACA and instead discovered they had been suckered.

The desire for a single payer is such a horrible idea. the government via ACA, medicare etc has placed such pressure on the independent system of doctors that their practices are dropping like flies.

the demand that doctors implement an electronic medical record system has been a failure in that it has lowered quality of care substantially and increased a medical doctors cost of doing business and the electronic records create many errors. My cardio complained about this system a year ago as he keyboarded our conversation without looking up and really observing me as a patient. In addition the government has slashed medical cost so much that many doctors are opting out of the third party payer system and billing their patients directly. Can you imagine the chaos if we go to a single payer model

ACA was a very bad idea from the beginning

Care to offer your suggestions on how to insure the over ten million people who have signed up for Obamacare? The public has been waiting since 2009 for the republican alternative to the ACA. Remember the mantra 'repeal and replace'?
Old 02-17-2015, 11:31 AM
n/a

Default Its

Quote:
Care to offer your suggestions on how to insure the over ten million people who have signed up for Obamacare? The public has been waiting since 2009 for the republican alternative to the ACA. Remember the mantra 'repeal and replace'?
All about hust say no, at any cost. Not one constructive measure has been offered up by the Republican/tea party bunch in 6 years. They sit on their butts hoping for failure. I find it disgusting and un-American!
Old 02-17-2015, 12:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Can you imagine the chaos if we go to a single payer model
Yes, terrible chaos. Please everyone if you are presently enrolled in a single payer health plan, get out immediately it will be chaos soon. Go and buy insurance from a private for profit corporation. That means all of you on Medicare, all of you on Tricare, all of you on Medicaid. Chaos !! Practices are dropping like flies. Look at the complete absence of medical practices here in The Villages where almost everyone is on a single payer health insurance.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:16 PM
n/a

Quote:

You are correct that probably a big percentage support ACA but the reason is because we are not paying for it. When that day comes, and it will, the """ will hit the fan. It is very much like the conflicts in middle east we have been in for over a decade, if we were paying for them they would not enjoy the support they do now.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:42 PM
n/a

Of course we all want less expensive medical coverage. That does not equate to being in favoe of the ACA....not with all the unknowns and the mega millions in hidden costs that have not been realized yet.

Here is one example. Many/most insurance companies now take pre-existing conditions. Incuding those that did not before ACA.
Initially the premiums have been reasonable to slightly more. When it comes to premiums it is all about claim rate....frequency and dollars. As the incidences go up and the dollar outlay increases there can only be one result. Increased premiums. Next question....now that pre-existing conditions are now part of a companies clientele it is safe to assume the company's care costs will be increasing. There can only be one result. Increased premiums.

The remaining insurance companies will have the market locked. They will be free to return to their profit margins of the days before accepting pre-existing conditions. There can only be one way to do that. Increased premiums.

I used to say during the Obama ram it through the system days that those who were complaining about the high cost of health care......that no matter what back then it was the least expensive and best health care coverage they would ever have.

Back then the forecast was that during the first couple of years of ACA implementaion....all the positives would be had (pre-existing conditions, students to age _?_, etc).
Beginning in 2016 is when the true costs of ACA to the individual would start to be felt.

What other impacts could there be for adding pre-existing conditions?
What other impacts could there be for adding millions to the existing system?

What happened to all the savings that were going to come from medicare excess? Guess where that shortfall will be made up.

Anybody who still thinks ACA is going to provide lower cost health care is still listening to the pied pipers tune.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:06 PM
n/a

So what is your solution to universal healthcare including, of course, pre-existing conditions?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.