Federal government just too big

Old 04-29-2017, 11:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I'm right.

I'm trying to SAVE our country.

They're a different SPECIES...they are NOT us...please stop being a wall...listen...use reason.
you are a racist homophobe who has no humanity, nor ethics, nor morals.....you are a different species other than human
Old 04-29-2017, 11:11 PM
n/a

Quote:
I'm right.

I'm trying to SAVE our country.

They're a different SPECIES...they are NOT us...please stop being a wall...listen...use reason.
you are a racist homophobe who has no humanity, nor ethics, nor morals.....YOU are the different species other than human, You are the plague that infects this earth, you are the thing that needs to be sequestered and not allowed to procreate, you are the scourge of everything that America stands for: freedom, respect, and rights. Go back to your KKK meetings, your Alt-right hysteria and burrow yourself back in the hole under the rock in which you emerged.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjboyer1 View Post
you are a racist homophobe who has no humanity, nor ethics, nor morals.....YOU are the different species other than human, You are the plague that infects this earth, you are the thing that needs to be sequestered and not allowed to procreate, you are the scourge of everything that America stands for: freedom, respect, and rights. Go back to your KKK meetings, your Alt-right hysteria and burrow yourself back in the hole under the rock in which you emerged.

Dude, he's our pet racist. As long as we keep him amused here, he can do no harm. Think of it as strategic containment. Also, he's amusing, so please just sit back and enjoy !
Old 04-29-2017, 11:29 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dude, he's our pet racist. As long as we keep him amused here, he can do no harm. Think of it as strategic containment. Also, he's amusing, so please just sit back and enjoy !
pets like that need to be euthanized
Old 04-29-2017, 11:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjboyer1 View Post

Personally I don't believe in the death penalty, I leave that up to the fundamentalists.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Personally I don't believe in the death penalty, I leave that up to the fundamentalists.
I am speaking of the veterinarian sciences.....for that thing
Old 04-30-2017, 04:18 AM
n/a

Quote:
Using the constitution as a literal blueprint for running our country makes about as much sense as using the Bible literally to guide our lives. Both documents served their purposes at their times but the times they have been changing. I view constitutional adherents in the same vane as bible thumping fundamentalists. Outdated and irrelevant in our complicated and non homogeneous world.
Using your comparison I would then say human beings have gotten themselves in deep trouble over the centuries because they ignored the lessons in the Bible. While one can argue as to the source of the Ten Commandments and the Bible they are excellent guides . I do not believe that ethics or morality and basic human principle change with the times. The Ten Commandments are as relevant today as they were when Moses walked down the mountain with them.

I believe Justice Antonin Scalia's position as to the US Constitution was spot on.

Succinctly stated, people fail when they forget or ignore the basics.

This nation's internal problems can be traced to the fact that the politicians or Judges ignored the wording of the Constitution to ave it fit their political agenda.

Before an electricians begins his work instruction dictate turn off the electricity and a plumber to turn off the water. ignore those instruction at your own peril.

Government is too big because politicians and judges politically ignored the wording of our Articles of Freedom. Such as while all men are created equal didn't mean politicians must provide equal outcomes, etc.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-30-2017, 05:02 AM
n/a

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am speaking of the veterinarian sciences.....for that thing
That's how you talk to/about people who are trying to SAVE your country, culture, and grandchildren???

Why do I bother...

Because I CARE about America...I want it left BETTER...not changed into Mexico II.

boyer and Ricky...the village idiots.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:08 AM
n/a

Quote:
That's how you talk to/about people who are trying to SAVE your country, culture, and grandchildren???

Why do I bother...

Because I CARE about America...I want it left BETTER...not changed into Mexico II.

boyer and Ricky...the village idiots.
An African-American woman gave me the nicest of smiles on Friday.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackadoodle
If race did not matter to this person, he would not be taking account of the race of the person that smiled at him...
Old 04-30-2017, 08:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
Retards smile a lot too...your dog "smiles"...so?

Did she impress you with her superior skills and abilities? Her eloquent use of language? Her superior intellect?

Do they ever?

Obama was known as the TELEPROMPTER in Chief because he sounded like a babbling idiot without something to read.

America IS lost within 30 years...because we allowed Hispanics to breed us out.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
Using the constitution as a literal blueprint for running our country makes about as much sense as using the Bible literally to guide our lives. Both documents served their purposes at their times but the times they have been changing. I view constitutional adherents in the same vane as bible thumping fundamentalists. Outdated and irrelevant in our complicated and non homogeneous world.
The Constitution is the law. If you don't like it, move. Otherwise, live with it and quit talking out your @ss. To compare the Constitution with the Bible is ludicrous. No one is mandated by law to live according to the Bible. You are required to live according to the laws of the Constitution. So....Live with it or get out of MY country. Or, go to jail if you wish.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
The Constitution is the law. If you don't like it, move. Otherwise, live with it and quite talking out your @ss. To compare the Constitution with the Bible is ludicrous. No one is mandated by law to live according to the Bible. You are required to live according to the laws of the Constitution. So....Live with it or get out of MY country. Or, go to jail if you wish.
Who is? Certainly not the government.

Those things not specifically enumerated to the Federal government by the Constitution is SUPPOSED to be given to the state or the people themselves to decide.

They certainly do not follow it.

They took the general welfare clause and ran with it.
Old 04-30-2017, 12:48 PM
n/a

the topic is "federal government just too big. Posters have gone off topic . its called FREE SPEECH AND ISN'T IT WONDERFUL count your blessings all we live in a great nation despite is faults.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 04-30-2017, 01:14 PM
n/a

Default I sometimes agree with you till i stop to think

Quote:
When the states first formed federal government it contained only the Departments of Defense, Treasury and Commerce.

What we are not experiencing with federal government today is the concept of "less is more" This monolithic labyrinth we call the federal government is too regimented with red tape and too political to be effective. it needs to be revamped to be effective.

Start with cuts to Fannie and Freddie making them private. The Departments of Energy and Education should be cut. We need to simply our tax code to fit on the size of a post card for most and with it a reduction in the IRS.

Some of you may disagree or have better ways to deal with this issue.

Personal best Regards:
RE: Federal government and what they should do
This issue has been debated for centuries.
I think, I think if we think we will all realize that this is the UNITED STATES of America. Any individual state would be far weaker and less efficient without the others.
Without the federal government, we would have a mess that if we think, we would see is unacceptable.
If, in state #1 you can drive at 14 could that 14 year old drive in state #2 where the law is you need to be 18. If, you can drink at 17 in one state and 21 in another can you pick up liquor in the state with a 17 drinking age. THE ISSUE HAS NOT BEEN SETTLED RE: GUN CONTROL-no, I am not anti gun.

Stop for a minute and realize that for you and for the rest of us, we think all legislation that is good for us is GOOD but, if it is good for someone else and costs us IT IS A MISUSE OF GOVERNMENT POWER.

You mention Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. They are particularly funny. When, they were making money there was no question about them. Now that they are in a deep hole neither you nor I want to be stuck with the BILL.

I AM NOT NOR HAVE I EVER BEEN AN OBAMA SUPPORTER.
I have no question that Obama vastly exceeded the power defined for the federal government in the constitution.

It is however interesting that Abraham Lincoln also vastly exceeded the power of the presidency and the power of the federal government. The same is true of FDR. In fact unlike Obama and unlike Lincoln, approximately 20 bills written by FDR were found to be unconstitutional by the supreme court

THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT CRAZY AS OUR SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT IS WE HAVE NEVER HAD THE RISE OF A DICTATOR SUCH AS HITLER, MUSSOLINI OR HIROHITO.
IN MY VIEW, LINCOLN, FDR AND OBAMA WERE PRETTY DARN CLOSE AND OUR SYSTEM SURVIVED TWO OF THEM AND I HOPE IT WILL SURVIVE THE THIRD.

CUT, FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WE ALL WANT TO CUT WHAT DOES NOT BENEFIT US BUT YOU WILL FIND PEOPLE WHO DO BENEFIT WILL STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH YOU.

Aside: When, first created-you state the department of the treasury. AMUSING PROBLEM-THEY HAD NO MONEY AND NO METHOD TO RAISE ANY MONEY. Immediate expansion of the federal government-was the result of this oversight-error or???????

Tags
effective, tax, big, government, federal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.