Finally! One we can all agree on!

Old 03-23-2016, 08:01 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
And yet you enjoy the results of our "brave men and women" that have gone before you to secure a safe and free environment for you to live in, as a spoiled and ungrateful child.

No one is suggesting that ISIS is coming to the Villages to "chop off heads." I dare say that they would have their hands full, of old war Vets that would not go down easily. Some of us have fought multiple wars and would gladly pick up our guns again for the safety of our loved ones and friends. We are not yet Paris, in spite of liberals attempt to make us vulnerable.
How would you keep everyone safe in today's world?
Old 03-23-2016, 08:07 AM
n/a

Quote:
Don't you get it? You can't. Trying only limits your rights, your freedom.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
I looked in the speech again. I did a word search for disrupting or destroying. What was the point of the thread?
OK here we go again. I will humor you.

In September 2014 Obama said we will decimate and then destroy ISIS.

Did he do it? NO.

Has ISIS been destroyed? NO.

If not, why not? Becuase we did not have a plan to do any such thing. As it turns out as per usual, Obama feels he has addressed an issue by just talking about it and making empty promises that are appropriate for a particular audience or moment.

When was Obama's last update on how we are doing destroying ISIS?
There has not been one since 9/2014.

It does not get much simpler than above......for most.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:39 AM
n/a

Quote:
I would concentrate on keeping our country safe first. And I would not give two cents about climate control until everything else was accomplished. This president(?) concentrates ONLY on controversial issues. And he accomplishes NOTHING.

Liberals think that nothing can be done. No wonder they are into the fictitious man made global warming fantasy. They know it is impossible to measure any failure or success, so they are pushing that and will claim success. They are totally incompetent when it comes to foreign policies and military action. Liberals are totally into control and being controlled. No motivation, and no gratitude for what those that have come before them have accomplished.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Don't you get it? You can't. Trying only limits your rights, your freedom.
Only if you keep them safe by caging them from the evil outside. No, the answer is to destroy the evil that is limiting your freedoms.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
OK here we go again. I will humor you.

In September 2014 Obama said we will decimate and then destroy ISIS.

Did he do it? NO.

If not, why not? Becuase we did not have a plan to do any such thing. As it turns out as per usual, Obama feels he has addressed an issue by just talking about it and making empty promises that are appropriate for a particular audience or moment.

This is even simpler. I posted the speech YOU cited. Did you read it?

Show me the quote that supports your argument.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
Only if you keep them safe by caging them from the evil outside. No, the answer is to destroy the evil that is limiting your freedoms.
In your view does the evil include all Muslims?
Old 03-23-2016, 08:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
This is even simpler. I posted the speech YOU cited. Did you read it?

Show me the quote that supports your argument.
If you insist; from about one third of the way down in your post.

"...Our objective is clear: We will degrade, and ultimately destroy, ISIL through a comprehensive and sustained counterterrorism strategy...."

Not sure how anyone could have missed it!

From my previous post:
Did he do it? NO.

Old 03-23-2016, 09:07 AM
n/a

"...Our objective is clear: We will degrade, and ultimately destroy, ISIL through a comprehensive and sustained counterterrorism strategy...."

From my previous post:
Did he do it? NO.

If not, why not?

[/QUOTE]
Did he give a two year timeline as you suggest?
Old 03-23-2016, 09:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Then STOP voting for either a D or R, they're the ones doing it to you.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:12 AM
n/a

Quote:

From my previous post:
Did he do it? NO.

If not, why not?

Did he give a two year timeline as you suggest?[/QUOTE]

You want to make it simple but as Rumsfeld stated:
Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:16 AM
n/a

Quote:

From my previous post:
Did he do it? NO.

If not, why not?

Did he give a two year timeline as you suggest?[/QUOTE]

Of course he did not. He never does.

Is it OK that ISIS has not been negatively affected since his commitment to ultimately decimate them?
Is it OK ISIS has only gotten larger and more dangerous?
Is it OK for a "leader" to make such a commitment with an open ended time line? And not one word of staus to promise since?

No it is not OK to most of us.

Some of us fully expect people, especially htose who are supposed to be the leaders of our contry, TO DO WHAT THE PROMISE TO DO!
Old 03-23-2016, 09:22 AM
n/a

If some young white crazy male wants to walk in theater or school and shoot it up, how would you stop them.

If some young Muslim crazy male walks into subway and blows themselves up, how do you stop them?

If young white Irish crazy Irish male blows up British Bank, how do you stop them?

If some young white crazy male blows up a Federal Building in Oaklahoma, how do you stop them?

If a crazy white guy shoots up PlannedHood in Colorado, how do you stop them?

This is a short list.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terror..._United_States for a much longer list starting in the 1800s.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:24 AM
n/a

Quote:
Of course he did not. He never does.

Is it OK that ISIS has not been negatively affected since his commitment to ultimately decimate them?
Is it OK ISIS has only gotten larger and more dangerous?
Is it OK for a "leader" to make such a commitment with an open ended time line? And not one word of staus to promise since?

No it is not OK to most of us.

Some of us fully expect people, especially htose who are supposed to be the leaders of our contry, TO DO WHAT THE PROMISE TO DO![/QUOTE]
I choose to agree with Rumsfeld. It's not simple.
Old 03-23-2016, 09:25 AM
n/a

Quote:
You want to make it simple but as Rumsfeld stated:
Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of our country and other free countries, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.[/QUOTE]

I did not suggest he gave a time line of any sort.

I am saying he is derilict in his duty to meet his commitment. To either do what he said he was going to do or state why it could not be done. Or that the job is tougher than expected. Or that we have been bomboing the crap out of them and it is not working, so here is what we will do next.

Most of us expect a promise to be delivered upon.
Most of us 18 months later would be just a little curious about when was something going to happen.
Most of us would not make such a commitment without some plan to make it happen. And it is not unreasonable to expect the person in charge to make happen what they commited.

No one would let such a commitment sit for 18 months with no communication of status. And I would be suspect of anyone who would.

Tags
change, world, years, agree, finally

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.