First year in the Executive Office.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:39 PM
n/a

Default Re: First year in the Executive Office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveZ
First year in the Exedcutive Office - They all do the same thing, which is refill the Plum Book. that is Job-1.

For those unfamiliar with the Plum Book, suggest you google it and then review the book itself. it's put out every four years and lists all of the political appointment slots and who has been selected to fill each slot. last count was over 7,000 positions, ranging from Secretary of ___ to gopher.

Once that's done, the appointees learn where they are and a little of what they are supposed to do. then the "advising" starts and policy is made. Eventually, policy is followed somewhat.

The Chief Executive is not a king or dictator (benevolent or otherwise), and expectations of miracles occurring post-inauguration are unrealistic, despite the pre-election rhetoric.
WOW Talk about bureaucracy :redface:
Old 12-31-2007, 02:20 AM
n/a

Bureaucracy - Yep

Reality - YEP !
Old 12-31-2007, 05:16 PM
n/a

That's a really tough question. There is so much that needs to be done that whoever sits in the Oval office is going to have a difficult time deciding which f the issues is more critical. My order would be, The War, (on terror and in Iraq
Old 12-31-2007, 05:18 PM
n/a

whoops, hit post before I was finished, .....(on terror and in Iraq), Immigration, the deficit, health care. I am sure that by that time other crises will have arisen. I wouldn't take the job on a bet, and I pity and admire whoever wins in November.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:25 AM
n/a

Speaking of nails on a blackboard...how about the current overused phrase, "sort of", as in, I sort of called his office, or I sort of put my jacket on, etc. etc, aaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Just watch the news interviews, and interviews with the Hollywood types especially. They "sort of" use the pharse throughout their conversations, and it's sort of annoying.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:41 PM
n/a

I think alternative energy is the #1 issue facing the US. It just kills us economically and militarily to be oil addicted. To break this would be liberating and allow us to better focus on the other myriad problems facing the country (borders, trade and budget deficits, social security and medicare, lobbyists, etc etc)

I'd like to see an energy initiative similar to the space initiative in the '60's, that in 10 years we'll break that habit.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.