FISA...Congress lets it expire...goes on vacation for 12 days

Old 02-15-2008, 04:39 PM
n/a

Default FISA...Congress lets it expire...goes on vacation for 12 days

Our Democracy has become flawed. We have deteriorated to a pure partisan form of government with no regard for the problems of significance at hand.
The Congress is going to let the FISA bill go un renewed....yes it will expire beginning this weekend....if the Congressional leaders do not like some of the provisions why is it acceptable to not support the President's appeal to approve "something" that allows intense follow up of terrorist activity?
What message does it send to the people of the USA when the Congress walks away and leaves a hole in the security??
This is what happens when lawmakers run ammuck with no direction from the constituency....a constituency the lawmakers have come to be most assured will say or do NOTHING....hence the Congress gets to play the partisan game....REGARDLESS THE EFFECT ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!.

The silent majority gets what it deserves.....NOTHING. i GUESS WHEN A BOMB GOES OFF IN THEIR BACK YARD THEY might WAKE UP....maybe...if they survive.

We are headed to becoming an also ran nation if the trend continues....the majority just will not stand up and be counted!!!!

??? :edit:
Old 02-15-2008, 05:52 PM
n/a

Default Re: FISA...Congress lets it expire...goes on vacation for 12 days

Get the voting record of YOUR congressman on this bill. And if you disagree with them, vote against them. That is the only way they will ever get the message. I have said this before, congress has an approval rating of only 11% but everyone believes it's the other congressmen, not the one from my state. But check how they voted on this bill and then vote for them if you agree and against them if you don't. As long as they get there votes because Americans vote the party line, they have nothing to worry about. Change that and they will change.

It is like the secure border and how we handle those illegals already here. A huge majority of Americans support a secure border and not giving amnesty to those here. Except our elected officials. They just see more voters and ignore those that elected them.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:33 PM
n/a

I've said for years, "Throw the b******s out, all of them."
I frankly have little faith in the wisdom, ability, patriotism of any of "my" representatives.
And, even if I pose an issue to them, I'm whistling Dixie to get an answer.
Case in point: On 12 Nov 07, I wrote to my Representative and both Florida Senators over an admittedly small issue, but I did mistakenly kind of hope for a reply.
I had a reply on 3 Jan 08 (nearly two months later) from the Rep. Nothing substantive was offered in response to my issue, but at least the letter reflected that mine had been read!
One of the Senators replied on 22 Jan 08 (over two months later). He acknowledged my query, but chose to forward it to DoD (Department of Defense), since it is an issue involving them. "You will receive a response directly from that office." So far, not a word from Secretary Gates or his clan.
The second Senator hasn't deemed a reply necessary, to date.
And, we wonder why nothing gets done in Foggy Bottom!
:dontknow:
SWR
Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 PM
n/a

The Senator from my old state of Pennsylvania, Arlen the darling is more concerned about football teams video taping practices. I believe there are more important issues facing our country. Let's get a constitutional amendment going for term limits. They stay forever and forget about the voters.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:53 AM
n/a

"Should I write a letter to my congressman?

"Each congressman has two ends, a sitting, and a thinking end,
but since his whole success depends upon his seat,
why bother, friend?" Yip Harburg
Old 02-24-2008, 05:07 PM
n/a

I also disagree with a vacation at this time. But, to be fair, I clearly remember the Republican ruled houses taking weeks and sometimes a month at inopportune times. Also, we're finally getting rid of a president that took more vacations then any other president in the history of our country. Plus, I wholeheartedly disagree with your lack of confidence in our young people being able to decipher the BS from the substance. I have great confidence in them. Something has sparked them to the polls and I, for one, applaud them. And one last comment, just because people do not agree with your position, does not make them Non-thinkers.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:31 AM
n/a

twelve days? Is that all? BUSH has been on vacation for eight long years.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:36 PM
n/a

You're right it is about National Security. Or at least it should be. I think it's all about politics.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.