Fit for the Presidency

Old 01-19-2017, 02:58 PM
n/a

Default Fit for the Presidency

The progressive premature assessment (prediction) of Trump is that he is elected with less of the popular vote then Hillary. And that he begins his term in office with only a 40% favorable rating. And so hapless is Trump that progressives believe unless cabinet members siphons off his presidential responsibilities/power he will fail and not last very long.

"He was elected with just 40% of the popular vote. He was considered a bumpkin from the boonies soon to be crushed by the secession crisis unleashed by his own elevation. So hapless did the poor man appear to his secretary of state, he helpfully suggested to him to allow cabinet members to siphon off his presidential responsibilities unto themselves , with the secretary of state taking the greatest burden. Thus implied the secretary of state the president could save the nation from himself"

The president Abraham Lincoln who consistently is rated as the greatest president who ever served this nation. His Secretary of State William H. Seward who wrote to his wife about Lincoln "He is the best of us"

Seymour Morris, Jr. "Fit for the Presidency"

I would be the first to acknowledge that Donald Trump is no Abraham Lincoln but the parallels cannot escape me.

What I do know is that in order to have an objective performance evaluation it has to first have 1) a period of time where past performance in the job can be evaluated 2) be as objective and quantifiable in order to assess qualitative measurements

Indeed it is sometime difficult to separate the man from the job but in order to be objective voters should view a president's performance as respects his job duties and responsibilities and the reasonableness of his decisions given the know circumstances at the time of said decisions. His private life is another matter and unless it has a direct affect on his presidential duties and this nation is of little concern

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-19-2017, 08:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
The progressive premature assessment (prediction) of Trump is that he is elected with less of the popular vote then Hillary. And that he begins his term in office with only a 40% favorable rating. And so hapless is Trump that progressives believe unless cabinet members siphons off his presidential responsibilities/power he will fail and not last very long.

"He was elected with just 40% of the popular vote. He was considered a bumpkin from the boonies soon to be crushed by the secession crisis unleashed by his own elevation. So hapless did the poor man appear to his secretary of state, he helpfully suggested to him to allow cabinet members to siphon off his presidential responsibilities unto themselves , with the secretary of state taking the greatest burden. Thus implied the secretary of state the president could save the nation from himself"

The president Abraham Lincoln who consistently is rated as the greatest president who ever served this nation. His Secretary of State William H. Seward who wrote to his wife about Lincoln "He is the best of us"

Seymour Morris, Jr. "Fit for the Presidency"

I would be the first to acknowledge that Donald Trump is no Abraham Lincoln but the parallels cannot escape me.

What I do know is that in order to have an objective performance evaluation it has to first have 1) a period of time where past performance in the job can be evaluated 2) be as objective and quantifiable in order to assess qualitative measurements

Indeed it is sometime difficult to separate the man from the job but in order to be objective voters should view a president's performance as respects his job duties and responsibilities and the reasonableness of his decisions given the know circumstances at the time of said decisions. His private life is another matter and unless it has a direct affect on his presidential duties and this nation is of little concern

Personal Best Regards:
Rated the best president by stupid idiots who foolishly believe the BS written in the propaganda "his-story" books at the national indoctrination camps called "schools".

He DIDN'T free the slaves except where he had no authority...in the Confederate states.

He didn't want the slaves living among us.

He took away states rights. They had EVERY RIGHT to secede, it was guaranteed in the Constitution, the states wouldn't ratify it without it. Lincoln THRASHED the Constitution. Look how he started the Civil War by purposely leaving troops at Ft Sumter.

God...I hope he's no Lincoln...I hope he doesn't eviscerate the Constitution.

Meet the new boss...same as the old boss.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Rated the best president by stupid idiots who foolishly believe the BS written in the propaganda "his-story" books at the national indoctrination camps called "schools".

He DIDN'T free the slaves except where he had no authority...in the Confederate states.

He took away states rights. They had EVERY RIGHT to secede, it was guaranteed in the Constitution, the states wouldn't ratify it without it. Lincoln THRASHED the Constitution. Look how he started the Civil War by purposely leaving troops at Ft Sumter.

Dear Guest: the contempt you display for Abe Lincoln is the same contempt and for the same reasons they did back in his day. Yet history is clear that he served as President at a time when this nation was most vulnerable other than George Washington. One can argue who is the best president but my point seems to be lost on you.

Despite thinking like yours Abraham Lincoln overcame many obstacles in face of his unpopularity and belief he was not fit to be president.

Trump haters say the same thing about him that voters did in Lincoln's day. Who really knows? My point is that history will write Trump's epithet not us.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-20-2017, 07:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Guest: the contempt you display for Abe Lincoln is the same contempt and for the same reasons they did back in his day. Yet history is clear that he served as President at a time when this nation was most vulnerable other than George Washington. One can argue who is the best president but my point seems to be lost on you.

Despite thinking like yours Abraham Lincoln overcame many obstacles in face of his unpopularity and belief he was not fit to be president.

Trump haters say the same thing about him that voters did in Lincoln's day. Who really knows? My point is that history will write Trump's epithet not us.

Personal Best Regards:
The contempt is justified...he took away states rights. He unleashed a plague upon the country when he "freed" the slaves.

ALL for political reasons.

What IS your point? How history twists the truth into propaganda?
Old 01-20-2017, 07:13 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiTheCon

Personal Best Regards:
Dear Con,

While your even oblique comparison of Chump to Lincoln is revolting to any decent person, at least your Freudian Slip is showing and you provided a 'laugh out loud' response (as well as exhibiting your pseudo-intellctual personality) ...by using "epithet" instead of 'epitaph.'

How so very perfect...and thanks for the early morning guffaw.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 01-20-2017, 08:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Con,

While your even oblique comparison of Chump to Lincoln is revolting to any decent person, at least your Freudian Slip is showing and you provided a 'laugh out loud' response (as well as exhibiting your pseudo-intellctual personality) ...by using "epithet" instead of 'epitaph.'

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
I bet you get called a 💩 head a lot.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
That's what they do...they skip over the "meat", the meaning of the posting and zoom in on typo's or the wrong word choice.

Why? Because they have no justification for what they think. They think it SHOULD be this way...so it IS. When the reality is...they're delusional. Cognitive dissonance.

Maybe she should start using the "sh!t head" as her signature?
Old 01-20-2017, 02:00 PM
n/a

Quote:

Dear Guest:

I respond directly to you because what I tell you would escape the poster in question. Typos and misspellings are as common as this poster. Yet but a few would resort to such pettiness. It only takes a small man to do what he continues to do to many posters. My guess is that they are sick of it and sick of him.

The good news is that we can ignore him but his poor wife has to put up with him 24/7.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-20-2017, 02:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
The contempt is justified...he took away states rights. He unleashed a plague upon the country when he "freed" the slaves.

ALL for political reasons.

What IS your point? How history twists the truth into propaganda?
Lincoln was held in low esteem and his desire and work to bring this nation together cost him his life.

You are able to speak freely as you do because this nation's laws allow you to do so. Celebrate that fact.

Again my point was not to discuss race nor rehash history but only that both Lincoln and Trump came to office with less than a 40% popular vote. that's it that the whole package. I did not compare Lincoln to Trump. My point is that they had low expectation let's pray that that aspect of history repeats itself and Trump fares better than his critics predict. Geezzz. I am trying to be patient here.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 01-20-2017, 02:28 PM
n/a

Default In reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
dear con,

while your even oblique comparison of chump to lincoln is revolting to any decent person, at least your freudian slip is showing and you provided a 'laugh out loud' response (as well as exhibiting your pseudo-intellctual personality) ...by using "epithet" instead of 'epitaph.'

deepest sincere wishes:
dear lowlife
re: Chump
trump is now president of the united states.
Oh and you are still a damn fool.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Baldwin View Post

I agree.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:35 PM
n/a

Donald Trump is no Abraham Lincoln and could never be. God save America!
Old 01-20-2017, 04:36 PM
n/a

Lincoln was an obvious collectivist psychopath (a tribal primitive - Like Obama) and the actual father of Fascism. Mussolini and Hitler loved Abraham Lincoln.

For all you Lincoln-loving publik skewl phools out there:

The Truth About Abraham Lincoln - YouTube

Feel like you just unplugged from The Matrix?
Old 01-20-2017, 04:57 PM
n/a

Default If, you look hard enough you can find people of any opinion

Quote:
Lincoln was an obvious collectivist psychopath (a tribal primitive - Like Obama) and the actual father of Fascism. Mussolini and Hitler loved Abraham Lincoln.

For all you Lincoln-loving publik skewl phools out there:

The Truth About Abraham Lincoln - YouTube

Feel like you just unplugged from The Matrix?
WHAT IS YOUR POINT?
From your posts-I truly think you need help. ARE YOU TAKING YOUR MEDS?
Old 01-20-2017, 07:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiTheCon
Dear Guest:

I respond directly to you because what I tell you would escape the poster in question. Typos and misspellings are as common as this poster. Yet but a few would resort to such pettiness. It only takes a small man to do what he continues to do to many posters. My guess is that they are sick of it and sick of him.

The good news is that we can ignore him but his poor wife has to put up with him 24/7.

Personal Best Regards:
Dear Con,

The fact that I don't drag in family members, nor lie, nor plagiarize, nor pass on fake news without citations, nor get caught so many times being a pseudo-intellectual...already proves I'm twice the man you will ever be.

Sincerest Deep Wishes:

Tags
job, president, state, presidency, fit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.