Foreign Influence in Election

View Poll Results: Did Foreign Gov involvement cause you to vote for the wrong Presidentail candidate?
Foreign Government Involvement caused me to vote for the wrong candidate. 0 0%
Foreign Government Involvement did not influence my vote. 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-15-2017, 05:31 PM
n/a

Default Foreign Influence in Election

Lest assume a foreign government interjected itself in the election for President.

What untruthful information did they present that influenced how some people voted?

Did this information cause you to vote for a candidate other than the one you voted for?
Old 01-15-2017, 05:49 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Lest assume a foreign government interjected itself in the election for President.

What untruthful information did they present that influenced how some people voted?

Did this information cause you to vote for a candidate other than the one you voted for?
Why do you single out untruthful information?
If it was known to be untruthful why would it affect any vote?
Old 01-15-2017, 06:54 PM
n/a

Quote:

To date, this so-called interfering information has not been called untruthful, nor denied as truthful.
Old 01-15-2017, 07:04 PM
n/a

The objective of the question is to see if anyone knows of any untruthful information and what is it? If there is no untruthful information wouldn't the voters have been mislead by the withholding of the information that was released?
Old 01-15-2017, 11:14 PM
n/a

foreign governments has always tried to influence elections just as we meddle in theirs were the have elections, if not we try to overthrow. IMO this time they done us a favor pulling the skeletons out of the DNC closet showing their dirty underhanded deals to get the queen of lair's elected. They got what they deserved. According to Government officials there was no voting station tampering. Just the hacked Emails by poorly ran DNC. don't go blaming the FBI it they would of done there job on the first email investigation wouldn't of been second. ALL Federal Government head are Political Connected to their party therefore they can't effectively Run their areas of responsibility. This what we get with Favoritism hiring practices, Promotions, and nepotism running amuck in federal government.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:45 AM
n/a

Before asking if foreign influence made any difference in the election, someone first has to prove that there was ANY foreign influence. Foreign hacking does not equate to foreign influence. On the other hand, one might say legitimately that the liberal news media, with their leaks of personal information and imaginary theories had influence on the election. I have heard plenty of complaints about Hillary losing, but no proof that she lost due to a corrupt election system, or due to FALSE information revealed during the campaign. On the other hand, I guess Trump could pose the same conspiracy theory by accusing the left of leaking his '95 tax return or the illegally obtained recording from a decade ago. Now that is REAL evidence opposed to Hillary's foreign intervention and influence conspiracy theory. I do not know of anyone that changed their vote FROM Hillary to Trump, but I do know several conservatives that did NOT vote for Trump due to the recording of his '"locker room talk." So, if I was to vote I would have to say Russia hacking=NO, Media hacking=yes.

As a side note, I am interested in how the left can be offended by possible foreign intervention, when Obama was complicit in attempting to influence the Israeli election by donating thousands to the opposition. For some reason the left has no problem with that fact.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:53 AM
n/a

Quote:
Why do you single out untruthful information?
If it was known to be untruthful why would it affect any vote?
Because I think the truthful information that will influence your vote should be known. Those smoke filled rooms of the past should not exist today. Political organizations should not be saying one thing in public and something very different in private. Thus I think it is unfair for untruthful information to influence the vote but ok for truthful information to influence the vote.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:23 PM
n/a

Default I received an interesting e-mail

The point was how can democrats claim that hacking cost them the election and then claim that TRUMP is not their president because Hillary took most of the popular vote.
ARE YOU NOT ARGUING WITH YOURSELVES????
//////////////////////////////////////////////////
My view-we did not see any of this TRASH when Obama won. Yet, you accuse REPUBLICANS as being deplorable.
You have accused TRUMP voters as being RACIST. When, 98% of Blacks voted for Obama. You refuse to see-Blacks are 13% of the American Population. Obama received 56% of the total vote in his first election. TO DO THAT, Obama received roughly 42% of the non-black vote. Had the non-black vote beenAS RACIST as the black vote Obama would have received roughly 18% of the vote-THE WORST DEFEAT IN AMERICAN HISTORY. You have accused TRUMP voters of being Nazi. ARE THE THE MOST DIRTY WORDS YOU KNOW?????? To accuse TRUMP supporters of being Nazi indicates YOU like a three year old learned a dirty word-HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT MEANS but it gets a reaction form ADULTS. Nazism teaches that the population owes everything to the STATE. Trump is a CAPITALIST with the view that the state is there to serve the people.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////
RE: hacking by foreign governments
SADLY-many people believe such words a THOU SHALT NOT STEAL really means it is ok for ME to steal but not for you to steal from ME Obama directly tried to influence Great Brittan from exiting the common market. Obama directly tried to prevent the re-election of Netanyaho. Obama, gave a speech that Israel A SOVEREIGN NATION, THE SMALLEST NATION IN THE MIDDLE EAST, SHOULD GIVE LAND TO THE PALESTINIANS. Like OBAMA'S refusal to say RADICAL ISLAM, the term PALESTINIANS is yet another FALSE STATEMENT FROM OUR FORMER DICTATORS pie hole. Palestinian is in plainspeak people who live in Palestine. For CENTURIES, that has been, in politically correct alphabetical order Christians, Jews and Muslims.
Obama has said Israel should give land to the Muslims and what? Force the Christians and the Jews out of that land?? The Muslims living in Palestine are historically SYRIAN. PERHAPS, A SOLUTION IS, IF THEY MOVE TO SYRIA THEY GET TEN ACRES AND A MULE??? Twenty percent of the population of Israel is Muslim. READ what the population of JEWS or CHRISTIANS is in any of the 49 Muslim countries. READ about Muslim countries denying rights to Jews living there AS WELL AS THE LONG HISTORY OF CHARGING EXTRA TAX TO JEWS.
YOU/WE have been fed far too much manure-that is why TRUMP IS OUR PRESIDENT.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:36 PM
n/a

Default Re: Smoke filled rooms of the past

Quote:
Because I think the truthful information that will influence your vote should be known. Those smoke filled rooms of the past should not exist today. Political organizations should not be saying one thing in public and something very different in private. Thus I think it is unfair for untruthful information to influence the vote but ok for truthful information to influence the vote.
They are probably no longer filled with smoke BUT, as it has always been things are not done in the open.

re: Truthful vs Untruthful information.
Information is always spun depending on your own prejudices and the prejudices of the people who sigh your check. My Dad used to work for CBS news. As a high school kid I several times was at news events. THERE WAS A TREMENDOUS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WHAT I SAW AND THE STORY THAT AFTER EDITING WAS WHAT YOU SAW. We are talking 1968. People like Walter Kronkite had major influence at CBS. TODAY CBS HAS MOVED FAR TO THE LEFT FROM WHERE IT STOOD IN 1968.

Tags
information, people, election, influence, foreign

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.