This forum is like talking to yourself...

Old 02-14-2015, 12:31 PM
n/a

Default This forum is like talking to yourself...

or crying out in the wilderness.

I don't like this format of not know who is saying what.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:44 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post

Agree ... the "guest" idea is pretty childish and non-productive ...which is a nice way of putting it. I mean, the posters on this board are not only adults but hey ... seniors! What's the big deal?

The concerns about getting hostile PMs is ridiculous ... if someone does that suspend them. But in the meantime lift the guest thing and let people use their normal ids.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:51 PM
n/a

Quote:

Problem is some of the people who participate.

I totally understand why it is set up as it is. There were some nasty PMs sent to people on the old forum, and a few jerks...and cannot come up with a better word to describe them just plained ruined the old on.

I might add, those people still post on here and will eventually bring this down, as obviously they have never grown up or have a serious personality defect.

Not the unintelligent little posts that are actuallly simply phrases with no meaning. These people are what is called ...well, on line they are called trolls. If you have read any of the threads, notice the way they disrupt the conversation and ignore whatever the issue brought up by the OP was in the first place.

Sadly, and I really hate to say this, but they all seem to be from ONE SINGLE SIDE of the spectrum. WHAT is sad about that, I know of many from that side on this board who are intelligent, understand the issue an can talk about it

I pretty much know at least THREE of those who enjoy getting together and simply playing a game on here....ie., ignore any serious issues, throw stones and simply flame away. TWO of those were part of the group that terrorized the old forum, and I am afraid they will be successful on here.

Everyone always says how TOPIX is much worse than here. Actually, it is pretty much the same people posting there and here.

Take the time and go to TOPIX...VILLAGES...AND READ. Those are the same people who read and post on here....THE SAME. The names mean nothing because you can change your name everytime you visit. Guys use gals names, etc and just blast away at people on here.

It is sad...really and truly is. This is not the fault of the ADMIN on TOTV...although I wish they could keep the folks OFF the board once they are thrown off. One of the posters who disrupts on this new forum is on his THIRD name (that I know of) on here TOTV. To my knowledge and this is just what I know..he has had THREE names on here, and has at least TWO on TOPIX. Do you not wonder about someone like that ?

But, it is like this because while we think we live with adults, we really don't.
Old 02-14-2015, 02:39 PM
n/a

Even before you didnt know who was who whats the big difference. At least that way you could address someone and know who to address. You really cant discuss anything with anyone. Of course thats politics.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:25 PM
n/a

Have to agree - I really appreciate this forum; however, it is pretty frustrating. I don't understand this "my feeling were hurt" stuff. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. We are all adults here and if you don't like what you hear or get then stay out of it. Really, it's that simple.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Have to agree - I really appreciate this forum; however, it is pretty frustrating. I don't understand this "my feeling were hurt" stuff. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen. We are all adults here and if you don't like what you hear or get then stay out of it. Really, it's that simple.
By the same token, the moderator made it very clear what the rules were when he opened the political back up, so if you can't follow those rules, stay off this site.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:25 PM
n/a

If you don't like how is set up, just leave. Easy enough. I pretty much can tell who's who by what they have to say.

The trolls posting now are the same trolls that posted in the old political forum and that still post on the regular board, only thing changed are the names once the got kicked out for the umpteenth time. Now we're all guest, so learn to deal with it.

I only hope they don't discontinue this board because of the few. It would be a shame for those of us that are interested in other peoples ideas from the more intelligent people here that take the time to post, instead of the one that chose to mock.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:14 AM
n/a

I think the forum has recently changed hands. Posts are removed in the last couple of weeks that would never have been removed before. I am close to just quitting entlrely, and I am the poster with the most posts.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:17 AM
n/a

It has been stated that some of the previous posters are well acquainted with the trouble makers so much so that they are aware of their frequent username changes.

It is indeed sad if the best thing you can do with your time is continue to change username and email address so you have the opportunity to spoil a forum. This is indeed a deficit personality disorder. Perhaps a forum ought to be added for these types where an expert therapist can do a reach out to these folks

So as to the OP if "its like talking to yourself" is factual then perhaps its a good thing that will annoy these trouble makers because they can't tell if their response is to them or to one's self

Admin I enjoy the forum and support your rules because I understand the dilemma you face.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:35 AM
n/a

Quote:

Apparently, you do not know how to post. When you reply to someone, you click on the quote post button. Your reply then shows up underneath the comment to which you replied. How is that confusing??

Why do you need to know who is speaking?

I thought people on this forum wanted to exchange ideas.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:46 AM
n/a

Quote:
By the same token, the moderator made it very clear what the rules were when he opened the political back up, so if you can't follow those rules, stay off this site.
Thank you for your kind thoughts. I am simply trying to make the point it is easier to follow someone's train of thought if you can identify them.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:54 AM
n/a

Quote:
Thank you for your kind thoughts. I am simply trying to make the point it is easier to follow someone's train of thought if you can identify them.
This is a quote from the initial announcement by ADMIN:

We will continue to 'refine' this area of the website and we will continue to listen to your feedback. But we hope this is a step in the right direction and creates a balance and safeguards to maintain respect and civility among members while discussing these topics.

Admin is interested in feedback and making the forum the best it can be. I read that as suggestions welcome - not we are going to shut down if you don't like it!
Old 02-15-2015, 12:01 PM
n/a

This forum is exactly like talking to myself, if I were a paranoid schizophrenic with multiple personality disorder.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:03 PM
n/a

DO NOT BLAME THE ADMIN.

They are reacting to the antics of your neighbors.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:28 PM
n/a

Quote:
This is a quote from the initial announcement by ADMIN:

We will continue to 'refine' this area of the website and we will continue to listen to your feedback. But we hope this is a step in the right direction and creates a balance and safeguards to maintain respect and civility among members while discussing these topics.

Admin is interested in feedback and making the forum the best it can be. I read that as suggestions welcome - not we are going to shut down if you don't like it!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.