This forum is like talking to yourself...

Old 02-15-2015, 12:40 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Apparently, you do not know how to post. When you reply to someone, you click on the quote post button. Your reply then shows up underneath the comment to which you replied. How is that confusing??

Why do you need to know who is speaking?

I thought people on this forum wanted to exchange ideas.
Dear Guest,

Let's say you're having an important conversation with a friend and just getting to a crucial point when someone interrupts. Isn't that distracting and frustrating? That's exactly what "could be" occurring here, but there's no feedback. You're trying to make a point and you can't determine if the person you're conversing with responded or someone else, or even multiple different people.

I wonder why no one hosts a cocktail party in a pitch black room with everyone using identical voice synthesizers? That's exactly the virtual scenario on this political forum. There is no feedback loop, and without it, conversation is ineffective. Traffic will taper off in this forum (after initial interest) due to the above.

This anonymity idea was not well thought out.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Agree ... the "guest" idea is pretty childish and non-productive ...which is a nice way of putting it. I mean, the posters on this board are not only adults but hey ... seniors! What's the big deal?

The concerns about getting hostile PMs is ridiculous ... if someone does that suspend them. But in the meantime lift the guest thing and let people use their normal ids.
Most of what I see here is so stupid, biased and/or racist that I'm happy not to know who the posters are for fear one of them might be a friend of mine.
Old 02-15-2015, 01:07 PM
n/a

Quote:
Most of what I see here is so stupid, biased and/or racist that I'm happy not to know who the posters are for fear one of them might be a friend of mine.
Very true
Old 02-15-2015, 04:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
Dear Guest,

Let's say you're having an important conversation with a friend and just getting to a crucial point when someone interrupts. Isn't that distracting and frustrating? That's exactly what "could be" occurring here, but there's no feedback. You're trying to make a point and you can't determine if the person you're conversing with responded or someone else, or even multiple different people.

I wonder why no one hosts a cocktail party in a pitch black room with everyone using identical voice synthesizers? That's exactly the virtual scenario on this political forum. There is no feedback loop, and without it, conversation is ineffective. Traffic will taper off in this forum (after initial interest) due to the above.

This anonymity idea was not well thought out.
I was going to make this very same point including the analogy of having a conversation in room with the lights out. I agree the anonymity has proven to be unwise and should be dropped. Besides emails go out with the userid anyway so what's the point ?
Old 02-15-2015, 06:04 PM
n/a

Quote:
I think the forum has recently changed hands. Posts are removed in the last couple of weeks that would never have been removed before. I am close to just quitting entlrely, and I am the poster with the most posts.
Yes, I left TOTV a few months ago as I got tired of having posts deleted, and in what seemed an arbitrary way. I came back when I heard about the new PF, which is a step in the right direction, but the anonymity is a negative.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.