FOX News breaks record

Old 03-29-2017, 02:49 PM
n/a

Default FOX News breaks record

"Fox News just had the best quarter in the history of cable news."

"Fox News averaged 1.7 million total day viewers and averaged 2.8 million viewers during prime-time hours, making it first among all cable channels in both categories, the network said in a press release. Fox News has now been No. 1 for 61 quarters in a row."

Fox News Has Best Quarter in Cable News History While CNN, MSNBC Show Growth

=========================

I am sure that FOX thanks all the liberal viewers that contributed to making FOX number one. Without them, as well as Independents and conservatives, FOX could not have broken this historic record.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:03 PM
n/a

Key demo (25-54) for day- 289,000. Key demo at night 588,000.

Just to compare The Walking Dead (no, not the Fox viewers but the actual show) get 12,000,000 mostly in the key demo.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2017, 03:40 PM
n/a

It is amazing what happens to news viewers when their President is under investigation and his cover ups have begun.

since we are discussing viewers, pre cable, Watergate, by the way, got a note in the History of Television....

"Throughout his career, Nixon had a love-hate relationship with
television; during his presidency, it became his undoing. It may have begun when CBS Evening News devoted an unprecedented 14 minutes to recap the breaking Watergate scandal. Certainly by 1973, as the events led up to the Senate Watergate Hearings, which the networks rotated over 300 hours of coverage, it was clearly the endgame. After the House committee hearings called for impeachment, Nixon appeared on television to resign his presidency.

CNN had its most-watched first quarter in 14 years (since 1Q 2003) among both adults 25-54 and total viewers. Among all quarters, the network posted its second highest quarterly ratings in total day (25-54 and total viewers) and 3rd highest in prime time (25-54) since 4Q 2008.

Ratings – CNN Press Room - CNN.com Blogs

NEW YORK (January 31, 2017) – For the month of January 2017, MSNBC racked up the most growth for total viewers in cable news across key dayparts. MSNBC outpaced the competition in total day M-Su 6a-6a (+53% vs. CNN’s +37% and FNC’s +45%), M-F prime 8-11pm (+62% vs. CNN’s +34% and FNC’s +27%), and dayside M-F 9am-5pm (+60% vs. CNN’s +36% and FNC’s +48%).

JANUARY 2017 RATINGS – MSNBC RACKS UP HIGHER TOTAL VIEWER GROWTH THAN CNN AND FOX NEWS ACROSS KEY DAYPARTS - Msnbc Info

MSNBC was the second-most-watched cable news network in prime time for February 2017, and the No. 4 network in total prime time viewers across all of basic caable.

February 2017 Ratings: MSNBC Beats CNN in Total Prime Time Viewers | TVNewser

Old 03-29-2017, 05:55 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOCPD
"Fox News just had the best quarter in the history of cable news."

"Fox News averaged 1.7 million total day viewers and averaged 2.8 million viewers during prime-time hours, making it first among all cable channels in both categories, the network said in a press release. Fox News has now been No. 1 for 61 quarters in a row."

Fox News Has Best Quarter in Cable News History While CNN, MSNBC Show Growth

I am sure that FOX thanks all the liberal viewers that contributed to making FOX number one. Without them, as well as Independents and conservatives, FOX could not have broken this historic record.

Of course people are watching...most can't turn away from train wrecks.

Especially when they know who's on the train.

Let's not forget....

STUDY: Watching Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All - Business Insider

Quote:
STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

They found that someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer 1.04 domestic questions correctly compared to 1.22 for those who watched no news at all.
And it's only gotten worse since this study.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 03-29-2017, 06:09 PM
n/a

Wow.
A study that shows that everyone who took the test got ONE out of FIVE questions correct.
Everyone.

And then there's this:
"Researchers asked 1,185 random nationwide respondents what news sources they had consumed in the past week and then asked them questions about events in the U.S. and abroad."
There is not a single valid constant in that premise.

I am very interested in what the questions were...
Old 03-29-2017, 06:17 PM
n/a

Aha. Here is the real study, as NOT interpreted by a fake news site:
What you know depends on what you watch: People learn most from NPR, Sunday Morning Shows, The Daily Show; least from MSNBC, Fox News
Old 03-29-2017, 07:23 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Interesting read for sure.

However, it is FIVE years old, which is ancient history in this business.

All outlets have dramatically changed their business models in those years from hours of hard news versus commentary, versus covering live breaking news.

This kind of study would be interesting, uodated with time frames which would allow for changing news cycles.

Much too old to be useful

However, in reading it does reflect for that time, the narrow biased content on Fox, for example. I also know that perhaps, if this was updated, and this is my opinion....Fox has become much more narrow in their scope, and MSNBC has come from extreme left to left. CNN, which for years was and I think still is the place for live breaking news, again in my opinion is in the process of change.

Bias is an issue with all networks. The reference in this old study to the Sunday talk shows is relevant I think. Those shows become informative because of the guests, and if their editors do a good job in seeking and booking, the factors will change.

Like the idea, but very outdated.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:33 PM
n/a

Quote:
Wow.
A study that shows that everyone who took the test got ONE out of FIVE questions correct.
Everyone.

And then there's this:
"Researchers asked 1,185 random nationwide respondents what news sources they had consumed in the past week and then asked them questions about events in the U.S. and abroad."
There is not a single valid constant in that premise.

I am very interested in what the questions were...
Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Nahh, that was just a little Chump hyperbole/lie...I'm not sorry in the least.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 03-29-2017, 09:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Sorry to hurt your feelings.

Nahh, that was just a little Chump hyperbole/lie...I'm not sorry in the least.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Laugh it up as you consider the fact that the dumbest people in that survey were Liberals who watched FOX News.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:59 PM
n/a

[url=http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Fox-News-Channel-Has-Best-Quarter-in-Cable-News-11033574.php]Fox News Has Best Quarter in Cable News History While CNN, MSNBC Show Growth - SFGate[/url

I thought the link would bear repeating.....
Old 03-29-2017, 09:59 PM
n/a

Quote:
Laugh it up as you consider the fact that the dumbest people in that survey were Liberals who watched FOX News.
You wished.

One only has to read this forum...to know that's fake news.

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 03-29-2017, 10:04 PM
n/a

and this;
Old 03-29-2017, 10:08 PM
n/a

Quote:
Nielson ratings from early 2014?

Fvcking awesome!!

Thanks!

Deepest Sincere Wishes:
Old 03-29-2017, 10:13 PM
n/a

Fox News Tops Cable News Ratings for 15 Straight Years With January Win
Old 03-29-2017, 11:13 PM
n/a

Default FOX News breaks record

What a joke, average age of a Fox News viewer is 68 ! Talk about a moot point.

Tags
million, news, record, breaks, fox

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.