Funding for the Arts in The Villages comes from successful capitalism.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:31 AM
n/a

Default Funding for the Arts in The Villages comes from successful capitalism.

The Sharon | The Villages Sharon L. Morse - Performing Arts Center - Tickets and Upcoming Performances
Old 04-02-2017, 06:47 AM
n/a

As it should be...not everyone agrees what "art" is...one man's genius is another's disgrace. If it can't make it on it's own...maybe it's not really "art".
Old 04-02-2017, 06:49 AM
n/a

How many free concerts ect. have been given at the Sharon or is it for just the well heeled?
Old 04-02-2017, 07:09 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
How many free concerts ect. have been given at the Sharon or is it for just the well heeled?
Ahhh yes. You have to start working very early in life, work after others go home, come in early, do grunt work, keep your mouth shut when the boss isn't fair, don't spend money on manicures, reuse last years or last decades clothing, keep a good credit rating by paying off your bills, save your money...and then you are able to buy tickets for people who can't afford them.
Old 04-02-2017, 02:27 PM
n/a

Default So?

Quote:
Why should they be free? Why do so many expect the developer to give everything away? How many of you who were business owners gave everyone everything just because you had done well or even better than just well?

Forever, many residents here complained that there was not such a venue available here in The Villages. Now that there is, perhaps not everyone can afford to go. That's how it is in many things. Just because you can't afford it or won't, doesn't mean that they should try and accommodate you and everyone else with free stuff.

There's lots of things I don't feel I can afford or simply don't wish to pay the price. Why should I begrudge those who can or do choose to spend their monies any way they want? I don't and I shouldn't. My feeling is, "Good for them. Go for it. It's your money, you earned it and along with that, you earned the right to decide how you want to spend it."
Old 04-02-2017, 02:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Why should they be free? Why do so many expect the developer to give everything away? How many of you who were business owners gave everyone everything just because you had done well or even better than just well?

Forever, many residents here complained that there was not such a venue available here in The Villages. Now that there is, perhaps not everyone can afford to go. That's how it is in many things. Just because you can't afford it or won't, doesn't mean that they should try and accommodate you and everyone else with free stuff.

There's lots of things I don't feel I can afford or simply don't wish to pay the price. Why should I begrudge those who can or do choose to spend their monies any way they want? I don't and I shouldn't. My feeling is, "Good for them. Go for it. It's your money, you earned it and along with that, you earned the right to decide how you want to spend it."

"Funding for the Arts in The Villages comes from successful capitalism."

Sounds like it is coming from some government agency, I guess the arts are just for people who have money or get firsts on tickets at the Sharon.

Tags
villages, successful, capitalism, arts, funding

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.