How to raise a President.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:24 PM
n/a

Default How to raise a President.

Read this article and thought it a fitting piece to link to on this awesomely beautiful Mother's Day.

It's very irreverent and may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I laughed reading it, and that was good enough for me.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/...president.html
Old 05-09-2011, 06:36 AM
n/a

Read three paragraphs and quit. You may call it irreverent....I call it moronic.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:20 AM
n/a

Even though I believe American Thinker is a waste of electrons, I did read it. I actually enjoyed it. No, Richie has not brought me over to the Dark Side! In a kind of funny way, the article did point out how childish our elected leaders in Washington are acting at many times when there is important work left undone.

The article could have been about Obama (which it was), Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner, or (in the past) Newt Gingrich.

Anyone who has raised a teenager can relate to this satire.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:32 PM
n/a

Default American Thinker?...That's An Even Bigger Laugh

Check out this list of articles written by the author of the article you cited...

How to Raise a President
Just Say the Magic Words
The Media's Deadly Sin
A Plague of Blowhards
It's Not Personal. It's Politics.
Whatever Happened to the Counterculture?
The Muslim Next Door
Public Service: Nice Work If You Can Get It
The Party of Despair
The Presidential Rorschach Test
How Do You Spell Response?
The (Not So) Great Pretender
I Think, Therefore I Profile
When Will They Take Us Seriously?
The President Who Won't Grow Up
In Fond Memory of the Status Quo
I'm Sorry, Madam Speaker -- the Republicans Won't Let Me Vote for It
The Smartest Guys in the Room?
Democrats, Meet Your Biggest Nightmare
Who Will Tell Obama?
Senator Nelson: The man in the mirror
Political Science and Mammograms
Debating Obama's Health Care Clichés
Health Care Reform in the Breach
Who'll Bell the Cat?
A Nation of Yellers
What if we had comprehensive education reform?
A Health Care Offer We Can't Refuse
Back to ACORN General Hospital
Republicans Should Just Take the Hit
Cold, Cold Health Care
Two Forms of ID and Your Colonoscopy Report, Please
Here Come the Interns
Take Two Aspirin and Call Your Congressman in the Morning
Welcome To ACORN General Hospital

This babe sounds like she has nothing good to say about anyone or anything. Kind of an Ann Coulter wannabe.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:43 PM
n/a

VK, If you didn't see some truth mixed with some humor, it's only showing your prejudice, in my opinion. You've probably laughed at "humor hit pieces" on, let's say, Sarah Palin and had no problem with it, I'm guessing.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Even though I believe American Thinker is a waste of electrons, I did read it. I actually enjoyed it. No, Richie has not brought me over to the Dark Side! In a kind of funny way, the article did point out how childish our elected leaders in Washington are acting at many times when there is important work left undone.

The article could have been about Obama (which it was), Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner, or (in the past) Newt Gingrich.

Anyone who has raised a teenager can relate to this satire.
OMGoodness, @Tbugs, I agree with you! LOL
Old 05-09-2011, 07:03 PM
n/a

Default No, Believe It Or Not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
VK, If you didn't see some truth mixed with some humor, it's only showing your prejudice, in my opinion. You've probably laughed at "humor hit pieces" on, let's say, Sarah Palin and had no problem with it, I'm guessing.
I found the whole Palin thing a sad commentary on American politics. And an even sadder indictment of John McCain, who until he so obviously caved to those on the extreme far right of the party by choosing Palin, probably would've gotten my vote. No, Sarah Palin is little more than a caricature...and I don't particularly care for that art form.

By the way, with all that is happening in our country and the world...the fiscal crisis, the killing of bin Laden, the apparent inaccuracy of us thinking that Pakistan was an allie, the stalemate in Afghanistan...where is John McCain anyway? I thought he was supposed to be an elder statesman, a political leader of our country. It's as if he's disappeared into the Arizona outback for all the leadership and counsel he's providing his colleagues in the Congress and the country. His abandonment of the pulpit his experience and reputation might have provided him, letting the likes of Bachmann, Beck and Trump speak for the conservative cause is more than disappointing.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:24 PM
n/a

Why would McPain be speaking for the Conservative cause?
Old 05-09-2011, 09:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Jo View Post
Why would McPain be speaking for the Conservative cause?
Bingo!!!; anyone who thinks McCain ever spoke for the Conservatives doesn't know what he's talking about in my opinion.

McCain is not and never was a Conservative.

I also have little respect for those who follow the liberal media mantra of diminishing the message of Sarah Palin; a woman they desperately fear. If you can't see why millions of people are attracted to this woman, you have no ears to hear and no will to understand.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
OMGoodness, @Tbugs, I agree with you! LOL
I also agree and find Bugs candor refreshing. But I didn't want to comment first because Bugs and I have been understanding each other a little to much lately and it's going to throw the terminally partisan off if I comment too soon.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:27 AM
n/a

Richie: I'm not being sarcastic. What do *you* believe the 'message of Sarah Palin' is?

The message she gives *me* is one of ill-informed sloganeering from a person who couldn't finish a term governing the easiest state in the nation. I mean, berating Obama for not showing the pictures of bin Laden and saying that it's part of seeing the mission through to the end (to demonstrate we weren't "pussy footing" around, if I remember the actual quote correctly) was another example of her "do as I say, not as I do" character.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:56 AM
n/a

Quote:
Bingo!!!; anyone who thinks McCain ever spoke for the Conservatives doesn't know what he's talking about in my opinion.

I also have little respect for those who follow the liberal media mantra of diminishing the message of Sarah Palin; a woman they desperately fear. If you can't see why millions of people are attracted to this woman, you have no ears to hear and no will to understand.
Richie, your hormones are raging again.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:38 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
Richie: I'm not being sarcastic. What do *you* believe the 'message of Sarah Palin' is?

The message she gives *me* is one of ill-informed sloganeering from a person who couldn't finish a term governing the easiest state in the nation. I mean, berating Obama for not showing the pictures of bin Laden and saying that it's part of seeing the mission through to the end (to demonstrate we weren't "pussy footing" around, if I remember the actual quote correctly) was another example of her "do as I say, not as I do" character.
This has got to be your silliest post. Ms. Palin speaks before huge crowds of people frequently. That's what I'm talking about; about what she says that gets the crowd jumping. This lady can move a crowd, that gathers in numbers to see her that few others can. I've always put your posts above the non-thinking libs who frequently post, but you're slipping.

On the bright side, your post completely illustrates my point above about selective outrage. Thanks for that.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:57 AM
n/a

Quote:

The reason they fear her is the thought that she just might still have Presidential asperations and then we all would have something to fear if she had to face the problems in the World and at home.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:29 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topper1 View Post
The reason they fear her is the thought that she just might still have Presidential asperations and then we all would have something to fear if she had to face the problems in the World and at home.
Yeah I know, because the present resident of the WH is doing such a bang up job in world affairs. We're in a so much better position in the world since his election.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.