gen. Mattis (mad dog) eager for confrontation with iran

Old 12-02-2016, 07:47 AM
n/a

Default gen. Mattis (mad dog) eager for confrontation with iran

That is one of reasons Obama replaced mad dog! Do you want us to go to war with Iran?????
Old 12-02-2016, 07:56 AM
n/a

Nice fear monger

Obama only wanted YES men around him!!!!

Pentagon insiders say that he rubbed civilian officials the wrong way -- not because he went all "mad dog," which is his public image, and the view at the White House, but rather because he pushed the civilians so hard on considering the second- and third-order consequences of military action against Iran. Some of those questions apparently were uncomfortable. Like, what do you do with Iran once the nuclear issue is resolved and it remains a foe? What do you do if Iran then develops conventional capabilities that could make it hazardous for U.S. Navy ships to operate in the Persian Gulf? He kept saying, "And then what?"

There is also a belief that Mattis and Obama differed on Iran. "A particular point of disagreement was what to do about mischief Iran is exporting to other countries. Mattis is indeed more hawkish on this than the White House was," writes Ricks in yet another post.

"National Security Advisor Tom Donilon in particular was irked by Mattis's insistence on being heard. I cringe when I hear about civilians shutting down strategic discussions. That is exactly what the Bush administration did in late 2002 when generals persisted in questioning whether it was wise to invade Iraq. That led to what some might call a fiasco."

Source
Old 12-02-2016, 08:00 AM
n/a

Default mad dog

Mattis quote, "be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill whoever you meet"
Old 12-02-2016, 08:08 AM
n/a

yes to his Marines going to front line

His appointment sends a strong message.

What do you think our enemies are saying among themselves now?

Do you think Russia will do a flyby on one of our ships now?

North Korea?

Sure beats Obama bowing to everyone!!!!!

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 12-02-2016, 09:06 AM
n/a

Gen Mattis...........A great choice. Probably will not get confirmed by congress. He scares liberals so much they mess their shorts.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:16 AM
n/a

We will seee if Trump's advisors are doing him well.

I would like to think Trump would not offer up a candidate unless he was fairly certain the approval is reasonable to expect.

We shall see.

It would be nice if we Americans see the valid reasons for choosing him. And let our enemies fear the reasons why he should not be the nominee.

As for the nick name "mad dog" it has been written the only people he tolerates that name from are those under his command.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:24 AM
n/a

Mattis would also need a waiver from Congress in order to be confirmed.

he is not 7 years retired, but should be ez to get.

Mattis, 66, would join a Trump national security team that already includes retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn as national security adviser and Rep. Mike Pompeo as CIA director.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
We will seee if Trump's advisors are doing him well.

I would like to think Trump would not offer up a candidate unless he was fairly certain the approval is reasonable to expect.

We shall see.

It would be nice if we Americans see the valid reasons for choosing him. And let our enemies fear the reasons why he should not be the nominee.

As for the nick name "mad dog" it has been written the only people he tolerates that name from are those under his command.
His other nickname is "Warrior Monk" because of his extensive readings and lifelong study of the art of war etc. I think this guy is an outstanding choice for SecDef.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:21 AM
n/a

Quote:
His other nickname is "Warrior Monk" because of his extensive readings and lifelong study of the art of war etc. I think this guy is an outstanding choice for SecDef.
WWIII is nearer than I'd hoped...the chess pieces are moving. A big war is needed for the great financial reset that is desperately needed. Things will get ugly. Hope you enjoyed the good times. talk to your parents who went through WWII, they'll tell you...war sucks...even when it's being fought far away.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
WWIII is nearer than I'd hoped...the chess pieces are moving. A big war is needed for the great financial reset that is desperately needed. Things will get ugly. Hope you enjoyed the good times. talk to your parents who went through WWII, they'll tell you...war sucks...even when it's being fought far away.
I would have suggested you retreat to a safe space at the Lifelong Learning College to learn how a strong military deters war but, unfortunately, that is no longer an option.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:52 AM
n/a

Quote:
Mattis would also need a waiver from Congress in order to be confirmed.

he is not 7 years retired, but should be ez to get.

Mattis, 66, would join a Trump national security team that already includes retired Army Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn as national security adviser and Rep. Mike Pompeo as CIA director.

The waiver from the senate requires 60 votes. Trump's own senator Kristen Jillibrand will vote no.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
I really don't know enough about this General to have an opinion but what does everyone think of a new war tax big enough to pay for the last 14 year effort in the middle east and while we are at it finish paying for the Korean and Vietnam conflicts we are still on the hook for. Maybe we could leave it for our grandchildren? Now that is a novel idea.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:26 AM
n/a

Quote:
I really don't know enough about this General to have an opinion but what does everyone think of a new war tax big enough to pay for the last 14 year effort in the middle east and while we are at it finish paying for the Korean and Vietnam conflicts we are still on the hook for. Maybe we could leave it for our grandchildren? Now that is a novel idea.
Johnson passed a 6% war surtax to pay for Vietnam in 1967, I believe. It was later repealed.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:30 AM
n/a

Taxes were also raised to pay for the Korean War.
Old 12-02-2016, 12:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
The waiver from the senate requires 60 votes. Trump's own senator Kristen Jillibrand will vote no.
Don't count your chickens

Also some Dems will vote him esp former military

Tags
dog, confrontation, iran, eager, mattis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.