gen. Mattis (mad dog) eager for confrontation with iran

Old 12-02-2016, 01:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Don't count your chickens

Also some Dems will vote him esp former military

Sen Jillibrand said as soon as the speech was over that she could not vote yes. The GOP will need nine dem votes to pass this waiver. Sen Schumer needs to negotiate with GOP to see what he can get in return for providing those nine votes.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
Sen Jillibrand said as soon as the speech was over that she could not vote yes. The GOP will need nine dem votes to pass this waiver. Sen Schumer needs to negotiate with GOP to see what he can get in return for providing those nine votes.
It is a good choice in my opinion and once folks save some face with a bit of bluster he will be fonfirmed
Old 12-02-2016, 02:51 PM
n/a

Wow, next you'll tell us U now support Trump.

Old 12-02-2016, 03:17 PM
n/a

Actually, you all should read this FROM JANUARY 2013.

"Word on the national security street is that General James Mattis is being given the bum’s rush out of his job as commander of Central Command, and is being told to vacate his office several months earlier than planned.

Why the hurry? Pentagon insiders say that he rubbed civilian officials the wrong way — not because he went all “mad dog,” which is his public image, and the view at the White House, but rather because he pushed the civilians so hard on considering the second- and third-order consequences of military action against Iran. Some of those questions apparently were uncomfortable. Like, what do you do with Iran once the nuclear issue is resolved and it remains a foe? What do you do if Iran then develops conventional capabilities that could make it hazardous for U.S. Navy ships to operate in the Persian Gulf? He kept saying, “And then what?”

"Inquiry along these lines apparently was not welcomed — at least in the CENTCOM view. The White House view, apparently, is that Mattis was too hawkish, which is not something I believe, having seen him in the field over the years. I’d call him a tough-minded realist, someone who’d rather have tea with you than shoot you, but is happy to end the conversation either way."

The Obama administration’s inexplicable mishandling of Marine Gen. James Mattis | Foreign Policy

This makes much more sense than all the conspiracy theories and the political intrigue.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:32 PM
n/a

Rumor has it that his lifelong singlehood is because he's a closet gay, which would actually be a positive as then maybe some of the homphobe's on the right...will become disabused of their negative stereotypes of homosexuals.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Rumor has it that his lifelong singlehood is because he's a closet gay, which would actually be a positive as then maybe some of the homphobe's on the right...will become disabused of their negative stereotypes of homosexuals.
Some of the best soldiers in Ancient Greece were gay because as lovers they had intense unit cohesion and would fight to the death. Sparta was finally defeated by the gay contingent of Thebans

Having said that I don't think the Warrior Monk is gay
Old 12-02-2016, 07:12 PM
n/a

Some say that CNM is gay, but we believe in diversity here, so all is good.

Gillibrand said she feels that Secstate should not be military, but civilian. Is she totally wacko or what? Powell was a retired General and he was Secstate.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'm sorry (for you) that I am a heterosexual male, so your poor pickup line...will just have to be directed at someone else.

But hey, I don't judge by sexual orientation and I certainly don't try and use it for denigration...so good luck.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Some of the best soldiers in Ancient Greece were gay because as lovers they had intense unit cohesion and would fight to the death. Sparta was finally defeated by the gay contingent of Thebans

Having said that I don't think the Warrior Monk is gay
So...the Greek government USED gays to their advantage...and got them slaughtered at the same time...ingenious! Let's make our military gay only and send them in WWI style!

The Great Ancient Greece is gone...so having gays in the military in the long run...didn't matter...did it? So there's no benefit from having gays in the population.

I do thank you though...your post made me google gays in the ancient Greek army.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:22 AM
n/a

Quote:
So...the Greek government USED gays to their advantage...and got them slaughtered at the same time...ingenious! Let's make our military gay only and send them in WWI style!

The Great Ancient Greece is gone...so having gays in the military in the long run...didn't matter...did it? So there's no benefit from having gays in the population.

I do thank you though...your post made me google gays in the ancient Greek army.
Many Japanese samurai were also gay. Not that this has anything to do with the subject. I doubt if Mattis is gay, but that is a personal thing that should be kept personal and not flaunted about like many crazies with their deviant lifestyle. Apparently, regardless of sexual orientation, Mattis has a reputation for being an extraordinary leader.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:23 AM
n/a

Quote:
I'm sorry (for you) that I am a heterosexual male, so your poor pickup line...will just have to be directed at someone else.

But hey, I don't judge by sexual orientation and I certainly don't try and use it for denigration...so good luck.
Come on, are you really a male? That's hard to believe.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:44 AM
n/a

Quote:
WWIII is nearer than I'd hoped...the chess pieces are moving. A big war is needed for the great financial reset that is desperately needed. Things will get ugly. Hope you enjoyed the good times. talk to your parents who went through WWII, they'll tell you...war sucks...even when it's being fought far away.
We are in the middle of WWIII. We'd better start doing something about winning it or we're doomed.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:20 AM
n/a

Quote:
We are in the middle of WWIII. We'd better start doing something about winning it or we're doomed.
Wow, I haven't thought of it like that. Maybe I should see if I can get a permit to have a bomb shelter installed in my back yard. WWIII? That sounds serious.
Old 12-03-2016, 02:41 PM
n/a

Quote:
Johnson passed a 6% war surtax to pay for Vietnam in 1967, I believe. It was later repealed.
I did not remember that as it was before I joined workforce so thank you for the history lesson.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:37 PM
n/a

Quote:

Gillibrand said she feels that Secstate should not be military, but civilian. Is she totally wacko or what? Powell was a retired General and he was Secstate.

Gillibrand was talking about Sec of Defense, who is required under federal law to be a civilian. This law has been on the books since 1947 and no waiver request has been made since 1950.

Democrats can prevent Mattis from getting the waiver, and therefore will not be confirmed.

Tags
dog, confrontation, iran, eager, mattis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.