Good news...Al Jazeera America shutting down!

Old 01-13-2016, 03:06 PM
n/a

Default Good news...Al Jazeera America shutting down!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/bu...-in-april.html

Old 01-13-2016, 03:48 PM
n/a

And why would you consider this good news? The network has won many awards and is known for its straight reporting. In Britain its won the equivalent of an Academy Award for its news reporting. And it gives consumer another news choice. I don't like Fox news and never watch it, but I respect their right to be on the air and to air their version of the news.
Old 01-13-2016, 03:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
And why would you consider this good news? The network has won many awards and is known for its straight reporting. In Britain its won the equivalent of an Academy Award for its news reporting. And it gives consumer another news choice. I don't like Fox news and never watch it, but I respect their right to be on the air and to air their version of the news.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:57 PM
n/a

I consider this another blessing attributed to low oil prices and karma. It wasn't that long ago Americans were paying over 4.00 for a gallon of gasoline. American families had to choose between filling up their car to work two jobs or purchase oil to heat their homes. And what where they doing with the excessive and unjust profits there were exploiting from the American worker? They were building indoor ski slopes so their citizens could frolic in snow.

Dubai brings world's longest indoor ski slope to the desert | The Verge
Old 01-13-2016, 05:00 PM
n/a

I wouldn't miss them any more than I would miss Huffington Post if went under.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:08 PM
n/a

I also read Al Gore is suing them because he has not received a penny from the sale of his Current TV to them.

Tags
bigapplause, good, shutting, america, jazeera, news

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.