Goodbye Fox News

Old 12-14-2017, 06:01 AM
n/a

Default Goodbye Fox News

Much to my chagrin Disney is going to announce its purchase of 21st Century Fox. Disney is an alt left organization that no longer fits the family friendly image of the past.

Hence you can say goodbye to Fox News as you know it now and be ready for the launching of type two CNN. Shepard Smith fits their profile so he should fare well.

Murdoch was rumored to be making such a move and so there had been talk for sometime of notable conservatives creating another conservative news station. Let's hope so because fair balance and factual is no longer going to exist.

Trust between politicians and voters has been breached as has trust between news agencies and readers has been breached. Coupled with this the alt left is committed to destroying family and traditional values.
It does not bode well for this nation if the left wins out because the alt left are fringe groups that are anti-white, anti-christian anti capitalist.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 12-14-2017, 06:35 AM
n/a

If the change occurs as speculated, then there are a few more letters to be added to my lettered media ignore list.

Time will tell.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:17 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Much to my chagrin Disney is going to announce its purchase of 21st Century Fox. Disney is an alt left organization that no longer fits the family friendly image of the past.

Hence you can say goodbye to Fox News as you know it now and be ready for the launching of type two CNN. Shepard Smith fits their profile so he should fare well.

Murdoch was rumored to be making such a move and so there had been talk for sometime of notable conservatives creating another conservative news station. Let's hope so because fair balance and factual is no longer going to exist.

Trust between politicians and voters has been breached as has trust between news agencies and readers has been breached. Coupled with this the alt left is committed to destroying family and traditional values.
It does not bode well for this nation if the left wins out because the alt left are fringe groups that are anti-white, anti-christian anti capitalist.

Personal Best Regards:
I hear he's keeping Fox News.

I should turn into s Tal and robo-post:

What does this have to do with Type 1 protection vs. Type 2 oppression?
Old 12-14-2017, 07:29 AM
n/a

As I understand it, Fox New won't be part of the package. From a BBC news report:

"...The assets being sold by Fox include its FX and National Geographic cable channels, 22 regional US sports networks and the company's stake in the Hulu streaming platform in the US.

It would also add to Disney's extensive film and television library, with movies such as Avatar and Deadpool, as well as small screen hits including The Simpsons and Modern Family.

The Fox broadcast network, Fox News and Fox Sports would remain under the Murdochs' control."

Read the whole thing: Disney set to seal $60bn 21st Century Fox takeover - BBC News
Old 12-14-2017, 07:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
As I understand it, Fox New won't be part of the package. From a BBC news report:

"...The assets being sold by Fox include its FX and National Geographic cable channels, 22 regional US sports networks and the company's stake in the Hulu streaming platform in the US.

It would also add to Disney's extensive film and television library, with movies such as Avatar and Deadpool, as well as small screen hits including The Simpsons and Modern Family.

The Fox broadcast network, Fox News and Fox Sports would remain under the Murdochs' control."

Read the whole thing: Disney set to seal $60bn 21st Century Fox takeover - BBC News
Thanks for digging for the facts. FOX News rarely does that. It is more just talking heads giving their opinions as entertainment with a token "Democrat" thrown in as a punching bag. Much like this Talk of the Villages Political Forum at times.

And we seemed to have walked into Trump's version of a locker room on some threads.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:06 AM
n/a

Quote:
Thanks for digging for the facts. FOX News rarely does that. It is more just talking heads giving their opinions as entertainment with a token "Democrat" thrown in as a punching bag. Much like this Talk of the Villages Political Forum at times.

And we seemed to have walked into Trump's version of a locker room on some threads.
It has excluded Fox News (State TV) from the day that discussions began.

Those who critique, no actually accuse, the MSM of such bias have totally deaf ears when to comes to Fox.

I have maintained and still do, that Fox News(State TV) will become part of the Trump holdings in the future.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:44 AM
n/a

Sorry folks I obtain the information concerning disney's purchase of 21st Century Fox from an online website which stated Fox News and Fox Sports was included but then picked up my WSJ and it stated fox News/Sports not part of the deal.

This is a prime example of what is wrong with the news today too much misinformation ,fake news, unreliable sources if if fact sources are a fact.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 12-14-2017, 10:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Sorry folks I obtain the information concerning disney's purchase of 21st Century Fox from an online website which stated Fox News and Fox Sports was included but then picked up my WSJ and it stated fox News/Sports not part of the deal.

This is a prime example of what is wrong with the news today too much misinformation ,fake news, unreliable sources if if fact sources are a fact.

Personal Best Regards:
What online website had the incorrect story? Just curious.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2017, 10:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
What online website had the incorrect story? Just curious.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
I am also curious.

I had never ever heard of Fox News being included in the deal.

Really curious where Rubicon is aiming his arrows at ?

When I first read about this at the beginning of November, I believe, it was clearly stated at the outset that Fox News was not included, thus I think it is important to know who is making up news

I thought the "shot" at Shep Smith was totally uncalled for, unrelated to the topic, BUT, based on the poster, totally expected.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:40 AM
n/a

This is from Reuters way back beginning of November (6th) which is early in reporting...

"Disney, which under U.S. rules could not own two broadcast networks, would not purchase all of Fox, CNBC reported. It would not seek to buy Fox’s sports programming assets for fear of running foul of antitrust laws with its own ESPN network, and also would not buy Fox News or Fox’s broadcast network or local broadcasting affiliates, the report said."

Fox held talks to sell most of company to Disney: CNBC | Reuters
Old 12-14-2017, 10:52 AM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:
I challenge you for the "umpteenth" time to show a news site from the mainstream media that openly lies, especially since YOU, more than anyone on this forum has posted false, satire, with Russian based sources.

Really curious, since you will never answer where you actually got this story and PLEASE a link with it because I want to read the entire thing to see where they were going.

Your attacks on the United States press continues unabated, as you follow your hero to the edge of the cliff.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:26 PM
n/a

Quote:

Personal Best Regards:

"Hence you can say goodbye to Fox News as you know it now and be ready for the launching of type two CNN. Shepard Smith fits their profile so he should fare well."

You are correct Rubicon...

"We spent a very busy news day behind the scenes with Shepard Smith, the Fox News Channel anchor who has been with the company since its inception in 1996. Smith, 53, hosts the network's 3 PM hour, during which he reports from the Fox News Deck, a $10 million dollar, state-of-the-art set and news gathering area.

According to Nielsen, "Shepard Smith Reporting" is, during 2017 so far, the highest-rated cable news program in its time slot, averaging 1.5 million viewers every day.

Unlike opinion-driven Fox News shows like "Hannity" and "Justice w/ Judge Jeanine," Smith specializes in reporting the facts, and he calls on Fox News' roster of correspondents in the field and in-house reporters to cover breaking news stories, sans opinion. "

Behind the scenes with Fox News star Shepard Smith - Business Insider
Old 12-14-2017, 09:05 PM
n/a

"Shepard Smith: Trump administration's claim the lottery visa program involves "no vetting is preposterous and absolutely inaccurate"

Facts can be annoying
Old 12-14-2017, 09:11 PM
n/a

RUBICON,

I sure hope you are not going to run away, AS NORMAL, and not supply a link to your site that told you FOX News was included in this deal.

I am very curious about who mis reported it AND WHY.

Not saying you didn't read it, but it surely is curious.

Hoping you don't run away again.
Old 12-15-2017, 05:54 AM
n/a

My delay in responding is that I was on the phone for 5 hours yesterday with tech support helping me sort out a new laptop I recently purchased.

And while, I certainly am not under any obligation or duty to explain myself to anyone I also believe in fairness and as a self teaching tool have always owned up to my mistakes.

Below is the article I referred to and as you can see it was lengthy and messy in its reporting and it went on ad nauseam.

Like many on this forum I read quite a bit as it takes up much of my day. So what I copied is what I read and focused on but further down the article article breaks down the actual deal in more detail. Clearly the usual and common reader mistake when scanning an article. WSJ article was short and to the point and that's when i caught my mistake.

we have among us a poster or two whom by appearance seem to exist only to fixate on a Rubicon watch Should I be flattered that a poster or two thinks me worth that sort of attention? I think not

Here is the article

By Chris Spargo For Dailymail.com

Published: 12:47 EST, 12 December 2017 | Updated: 07:19 EST, 14 December 2017

After a lengthy courtship, Mickey Mouse may be just days away from sealing the deal with the Murdochs.

Bloomberg reports that Walt Disney Co. will likely announce their acquisition of 21st Century Fox Inc's movie and TV studios later this week, with Variety later reporting it would happen on Thursday.

The deal would value Fox and its debt at around $60bn.

Disney would acquire 'networks including FX and National Geographic, and international assets including Star India’s TV channels and a 39 per cent stake in European satellite provider Sky Plc' in the deal.

The company would also double its ownership of Hulu to 60 per cent after obtaining Fox's stake and take control of the movie studio.

The deal is said to appeal to 21st Century Fox as they look to streamline their operation and focus on selected television properties including Fox News, Fox Sports and all local news affiliates in addition to their broadcast network.
M-I-C, see you real soon: Walt Disney Co. will likely announce their acquisition of 21st Century Fox Inc's movie and TV studios by the end of the week (Bob Iger and Mickey Mouse in November)
+3

Personal Best Regards:

Tags
family, left, news

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.