GOP Pens Leter to Iran

Old 03-11-2015, 03:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
GOP Hates Obama More Than a Nuclear Iran - The Daily Beast

By telling Tehran not to negotiate with President Obama, these GOP senators threaten the US role as a superpower on the world stage.
This is one of the most unhinged, and thus unintentionally humorous, liberal comments I have ever seen posted on TOTV ... and that's saying a lot
Old 03-11-2015, 03:22 PM
n/a

Quote:
Just on the internet . These Senators may be charged with treason'
Good grief ... get a hold of yourself and carryon!

Besides real treason was committed when Ted Kennedy dealt with Yuri Andopov during the Reagan years, John Kerry with Commandante Ortega and various other examples

In this case Republicans are simply trying to ensure Obama doesn't end up giving nukes to Iran ... which would indeed be treasonous if that happens
Old 03-11-2015, 03:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
This is one of the most unhinged, and thus unintentionally humorous, liberal comments I have ever seen posted on TOTV ... and that's saying a lot
The upside is that the Iranians will pay no more attention to these Congressmen than we do. They know it's all theater, for political purposes.

It's shocking to me that they could even get 47 senators to agree on anything.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:52 PM
n/a

Quote:

It's shocking to me that they could even get 47 senators to agree on anything.
Now that Harry Reid is no longer the "gatekeeper", blocking nearly all legislation from coming to the floor, I imagine we will see more activity.

But... your point is noted. Congress is very partisan under Obama's leadership.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:58 PM
n/a

Quote:
Now that Harry Reid is no longer the "gatekeeper", blocking nearly all legislation from coming to the floor, I imagine we will see more activity.

But... your point is noted. Congress is very partisan under Obama's leadership.

You misspelled McConnell. He is leading the senate, not President Obama.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
You're almost right.

Vice President Biden is leading the Senate.
Old 03-11-2015, 05:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
If you're inferring that little has been accomplished in Washington while Obama was "at the helm", "set the tone", "buck stops here", etc.. then I agree. He's a very partisan, narcissistic, arrogant and frankly inept leader incapable of building a consensus. His "my way or the highway" style of autocratic executive action has resulted in a nearly absolute stalemate in Washington.

History will not judge his presidency or leadership "style" favorably.

We've most likely all worked for or had commanders with similar ineffective leadership styles. I certainly have. Morale suffers, little is accomplished, people align into varying factions and the group dynamic is characterized by systemic infighting. In a word, it's a DISASTER!
Old 03-11-2015, 07:25 PM
n/a

Quote:
If you're inferring that little has been accomplished in Washington while Obama was "at the helm", "set the tone", "buck stops here", etc.. then I agree. He's a very partisan, narcissistic, arrogant and frankly inept leader incapable of building a consensus. His "my way or the highway" style of autocratic executive action has resulted in a nearly absolute stalemate in Washington.

History will not judge his presidency or leadership "style" favorably.

We've most likely all worked for or had commanders with similar ineffective leadership styles. I certainly have. Morale suffers, little is accomplished, people align into varying factions and the group dynamic is characterized by systemic infighting. In a word, it's a DISASTER!

If President Obama can keep this country from having a major terrorist attack (9/11), and if he can keep this country out of two unnecessary wars (Iraq and Afghanistan), and if he can keep the economy from imploding (worst recession since the great depression), he will be doing 1000% better than the previous president...admittedly a low bar to cross.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:46 PM
n/a

Iran letter blowback startles GOP - Burgess Everett - POLITICO

GOP senators admit they didn't give a lot of thought about going to war with Iran.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:10 AM
n/a

Quote:
If you're inferring that little has been accomplished in Washington while Obama was "at the helm", "set the tone", "buck stops here", etc.. then I agree. He's a very partisan, narcissistic, arrogant and frankly inept leader incapable of building a consensus.
Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Build a consensus with whom? Boehner can't even build a consensus in his own caucus.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:49 AM
n/a

[QUOTE=Guest;1027142]If you're inferring that little has been accomplished in Washington while Obama was "at the helm", "set the tone", "buck stops here", etc.. then I agree. He's a very partisan, narcissistic, arrogant and frankly inept leader incapable of building a consensus. His "my way or the highway" style of autocratic executive action has resulted in a nearly absolute stalemate in Washington.QUOTE]

Do not forget that George W. had a final overall rating of 22 percent. Bill Clinton had 54 percent and Jimmy Carter had 44 percent.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:31 AM
n/a

Default Let

Quote:
Really???? Involve Congress??? Are you kidding me????

This is the most do nothing Congress ever! I'm talking both sides of the aisle here; not one party or the other.

If we waited for this Congress to make a decision on anything, especially something as important as nuclear arms in the Middle East, we all be dead and gone by then.

Unfortunately, I can't blame anyone for bypassing this Congress with anything that needs to be accomplished in this decade.

Again, I'm not throwing stones at either party individually...they are both to blame... It's no wonder "any" administration would bypass this Congress at every opportunity.
Me throw the stones. You'd have to be a complete imbecile to not see that's it's the Koch brothers' lackeys, the angry old white me, the Tea Party that is to blame for pretty much the whole world's problems. Home grown terrorists, period!
Old 03-12-2015, 10:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Me throw the stones. You'd have to be a complete imbecile to not see that's it's the Koch brothers' lackeys, the angry old white me, the Tea Party that is to blame for pretty much the whole world's problems. Home grown terrorists, period!
I LOVE what I read about The Tea Party on Wikipedia.

They sound like our Founding Fathers. Anyone know how one joins and donates money so they can expand?

Old 03-12-2015, 05:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
If President Obama can keep this country from having a major terrorist attack (9/11), and if he can keep this country out of two unnecessary wars (Iraq and Afghanistan), and if he can keep the economy from imploding (worst recession since the great depression), he will be doing 1000% better than the previous president...admittedly a low bar to cross.
"if he can keep this country from having a major terrorist attack" is a result of what Bush put into place. Obama has degraded our security and it's only a matter of time.

"if he can keep this country out of two unnecessary wars" well we all pretty much know what direction that is headed. ISIS has grown beyond belief and we now have a much bigger problem because of his inaction.

"if he can keep the economy from imploding" the economy is coming around despite his interference - the economy will fix itself without government interference. His actions have slowed recovery which is evidenced by stagnant wages and a ficticious unemployment rate (doesn't include those that have just given up looking for work or the underemployed?

Anything else?
Old 03-12-2015, 10:34 PM
n/a

Sorry folks, your tea party is on the way out. Look at the mirror and the age. Thank you God!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.