Governor Christie Takes State Helicopter

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 06-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Teachers Union Greedy Thugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Sorry you feel that way but the Governor's tackling of the Teacher's Union is what I'm most proud of. The Teacher's Union's are the single most destructive force in the education of our students. I'm not talking about all NJ teacher's but their unions. They're a bunch of greedy thugs who care about themselves before all else.

Medicine is not always easy to take, but be patient and in the end you'll feel better. The gravy train has to end for the public employee who is funded by the taxes of the private sector. Time to enter the real world with the rest of us.
This is from a teamster? LMAO.
  #32  
Old 06-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
This is from a teamster? LMAO.
I worked in the private sector. Our employer has to make a profit for us to work and prosper. Because of the Obama failing economy my union made concessions in wages and benefits and pension in order for the company to survive so that we can work another day.

Teacher's Unions do not understand the concept of shared sacrifice. They need to be made to learn. Gov. Christie is the man to do it.

Now, don't you regret your ignorance on this subject, laughing boy?
  #33  
Old 06-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Public employee unions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
I worked in the private sector. Our employer has to make a profit for us to work and prosper. Because of the Obama failing economy my union made concessions in wages and benefits and pension in order for the company to survive so that we can work another day.

Teacher's Unions do not understand the concept of shared sacrifice. They need to be made to learn. Gov. Christie is the man to do it.

Now, don't you regret your ignorance on this subject, laughing boy?
including teachers unions have lately been very willing to negotiate contract givebacks and other concessions to accommodate cash strapped municipalities. You must admit that a member of the teamsters union accusing anyone else of thuggery is pretty funny.
  #34  
Old 06-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I guess you missed the near riots in Wisconsin and NJ and other states over teacher's union and other public union demands. As usual, you don't know what you're talking about. I am a former member of the Teamster's Union, to be precise and, like I said, we work in the private sector. It's a whole other world than the public sector, and if you don't see it, you're ignorant of the reality.
  #35  
Old 06-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I guess YOU missed the fact that the teacher's unions in Wisconsin AGREED to the Governor's requests/demands for givebacks and he took away their bargaining powers ANYWAY.

That told me it was about power, not fiscal sanity.
  #36  
Old 06-02-2011, 05:48 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djplong View Post
I guess YOU missed the fact that the teacher's unions in Wisconsin AGREED to the Governor's requests/demands for givebacks and he took away their bargaining powers ANYWAY.

That told me it was about power, not fiscal sanity.
A liberal judge gave them back, last I heard. To say that the stripping of unbridled contract powers from public employees, particularly tenured employees is not about controlling current and future costs is a little nonsensical, in my opinion.

I wasn't totally against them, by the way, but it was only when the dice were thrown and they saw defeat at hand that they began to want to talk.
  #37  
Old 06-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Some Union Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
A liberal judge gave them back, last I heard. To say that the stripping of unbridled contract powers from public employees, particularly tenured employees is not about controlling current and future costs is a little nonsensical, in my opinion.

I wasn't totally against them, by the way, but it was only when the dice were thrown and they saw defeat at hand that they began to want to talk.
you are. You probably loved to cross picket lines. I agree with the previous poster, The unions in Wisconsin agreed to concessions. The governor, however, wanted them to give up their right to bargain, which no union would agree to do.
  #38  
Old 06-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Public employee unions shouldn't have the right to collective bargain against the tax payers who foot the bill in the first place, not to mention the mandatory union dues that are also paid by the tax payers that go into democratic coffers and union boss's pockets. It's nothing more than money laundering for the democrats. It's yet another tax payer rip off.
  #39  
Old 06-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

gov christie got SUCH BAD press over this helicopter/car incident that it has been reported that he "reversed course" and will pay for his private use of the police helicopter! nbc nightly news reported that he has already written the check to reimburse the taxpayers! rotflmao!
  #40  
Old 06-02-2011, 08:48 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Union Dues Are Deducted

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklassen View Post
Public employee unions shouldn't have the right to collective bargain against the tax payers who foot the bill in the first place, not to mention the mandatory union dues that are also paid by the tax payers that go into democratic coffers and union boss's pockets. It's nothing more than money laundering for the democrats. It's yet another tax payer rip off.
from the workers salaries. Next time you need a cop, I hope you let the officer know how you feel about his right to negotiate his salary.
  #41  
Old 06-02-2011, 09:02 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Police do not have collective bargaining, at least in TN. But none the less, it's a stupid argument. No public employee and I mean no public employee on the taxpayers payroll should have collective bargaining.

I have much respect for the police though, unless of course they are overweight. I don't like people who are entitled and lazy. Thin police though, they are great!

btw, Yes Union Dues Are Deducted... from their paycheck which comes from the tax payers. Just keeping it real.
  #42  
Old 06-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by actor View Post
you are. You probably loved to cross picket lines. I agree with the previous poster, The unions in Wisconsin agreed to concessions. The governor, however, wanted them to give up their right to bargain, which no union would agree to do.
Actually, that's incorrect. They still would have had the right to bargain for salary under the governor's plan.

Public employees have to feel the pain like the rest of the country, who pay for their salaries and perks for your information, and that includes private union members also.

You still won't address the difference in the private and public sectors because you know you're wrong and don't have a leg to stand on.
  #43  
Old 06-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
Actually, that's incorrect. They still would have had the right to bargain for salary under the governor's plan.

Public employees have to feel the pain like the rest of the country, who pay for their salaries and perks for your information, and that includes private union members also.

You still won't address the difference in the private and public sectors because you know you're wrong and don't have a leg to stand on.
Actually, you are incorrect Richie.
  #44  
Old 06-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

The Federal government allows unions for Federal employees. There is the National Federation of Federal Employees (NFFE), American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE), and others.

The bargaining is not over wages - although union reps do sit in on locality pay talks - but the main reason for the unions is to ensure proper enforcement of merit promotion, selection for positions, disciplinary procedures, and items like that.

Everyone in Federal government (General Schedule positions) gets the same base pay for their grade level. Wage grade positions (blue collar) are locality based and matched with equal jobs in the private sector. This is accomplished through wage surveys in different locales of the country.
  #45  
Old 06-03-2011, 09:19 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
Actually, you are incorrect Richie.
great reply. Incorrect, how?
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 AM.