Governor Christie Takes State Helicopter

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 06-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post
great reply. Incorrect, how?
I stand corrected. The Wisconsin employee's unions would still be able to negotiate wages but only as pegged in some fashion to the Consumer Price Index..that would limit the scope of their negotiating but seems fair enough to me.
  #47  
Old 06-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default And who will be paying for this trip?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT



http://http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MICHELLE_OBAMA_AFRICA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMP LATE=DEFAULT


Is she FLOTUS or FLOTW (First Lady Of The World)?
  #48  
Old 06-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Not the first

Hancie,

Mrs. Obama is not the first First Lady to travel overseas without the President. Did you get your shorts in a wedgie when Laura Bush did it? Who paid for Laura and her entourage (including a daughter)? http://www.arts.mcgill.ca/history/fa...tripabroad.htm

Second citing is from your Bible - Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182007,00.html

Maybe you should research before you post.
  #49  
Old 06-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Hancie,

Mrs. Obama is not the first First Lady to travel overseas without the President. Did you get your shorts in a wedgie when Laura Bush did it? Who paid for Laura and her entourage (including a daughter)? http://www.arts.mcgill.ca/history/fa...tripabroad.htm

Second citing is from your Bible - Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182007,00.html

Maybe you should research before you post.
Hold it, hold it, hold it. Reality Check!! ding, ding, ding,.............

Bugs; this thread was started to berate a leading Republican who's become a national figure and political powerhouse over his possible use of tax dollars to travel.

The original wedgie in the shorts belonged to your liberal cohort, Actor. Let's just make that point clear.

Then stories came up to show an number of trips of questionable national value by the Royal.......excuse me.........the Presidential Family to show some balance and some hypocritical thinking on this subject.

Now you're trying to chide those posters for bringing that up because Republicans have taken trips also?

What kind of merry-go-round is this?
  #50  
Old 06-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieLion View Post

What kind of merry-go-round is this?
One, you obviously won't ride.
  #51  
Old 06-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
One, you obviously won't ride.
Anyone who is any way interested in dealing with facts and the truth is not going to join you on this ride.
  #52  
Old 06-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Actor, I suppose I have lead a sheltered life but in all my years, I have never had a police officer help me.

But to the point. A retired police officer from Tampa was looking at TV. I'l assume what he said was not hyperbole but he claimed he made in excess of $100,000 a year and that after 20 years of working his pension would be 95% of his salary and he had free medical.

There are not too many private sector jobs that offer even half that amount as pensions even after 40 years of working. In fact most private companies dumped their define benefit plans. I do know that in a number of articles on the subject of public unions in the WSJ the aforementioned typle salaries, pensions and benefits were referenced . It would appear that it is a commonly accepted fact that these compensation and benefits packages are not unusual.

If other public unions are doing as well for employees we are indeed heading for bankruptcy. This type of spending is simply unsustainable.

If the officer exaggerated please let me know because I am going to counsel young people to become cops and ignore going to college and securing a job in the private sector because its more lucrative and they will still be young enough when they retire to start over for another fulltime career and still retire a second time at age 60. What a country!
  #53  
Old 06-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default How The Hell Would I know

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Actor, I suppose I have lead a sheltered life but in all my years, I have never had a police officer help me.

But to the point. A retired police officer from Tampa was looking at TV. I'l assume what he said was not hyperbole but he claimed he made in excess of $100,000 a year and that after 20 years of working his pension would be 95% of his salary and he had free medical.

There are not too many private sector jobs that offer even half that amount as pensions even after 40 years of working. In fact most private companies dumped their define benefit plans. I do know that in a number of articles on the subject of public unions in the WSJ the aforementioned typle salaries, pensions and benefits were referenced . It would appear that it is a commonly accepted fact that these compensation and benefits packages are not unusual.

If other public unions are doing as well for employees we are indeed heading for bankruptcy. This type of spending is simply unsustainable.

If the officer exaggerated please let me know because I am going to counsel young people to become cops and ignore going to college and securing a job in the private sector because its more lucrative and they will still be young enough when they retire to start over for another fulltime career and still retire a second time at age 60. What a country!
what type of pension this hypothetical retired policeman from Tampa is receiving? BTW, I'm certainly not advocating that public employees receive pension benefits out of line with the rest of the country. This whole thread was initiated because the Governor of New jersey who has been busy advocating reducing state expenditures and the need to sacrifice social programs had to have his fat fanny transported 300 feet by a state car, after he flew by state helicopter to see his kid's ballgame. The waters were muddied by another poster who claimed that the teachers unions are a bunch of thugs, which I find funny coming from a retired teamster, considering there has never been a more crooked outfit than the teamsters.
  #54  
Old 06-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Actor Okey Dokey
  #55  
Old 06-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Just trying to keep the playing field level, Richie. If Hancie brings up that he feels Mrs. Obama is First Lady of the World because she is taking an official trip to Africa, I am entitled (I love that word) to bring up what Republican First Ladies have done tripwise.

As far as Gov. Christie, he is going to repay some money for helicopter rides. He is going to pay for that in many ways during the campaign.

BBQMan, look at facts; Christie did misuse helicopter usage, Laura Bush took several overseas trips without the W., liberals are in charge of the White House.

Enjoy life in The Villages. Have an ice-cold Yeungling.
  #56  
Old 06-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Just trying to keep the playing field level, Richie. If Hancie brings up that he feels Mrs. Obama is First Lady of the World because she is taking an official trip to Africa, I am entitled (I love that word) to bring up what Republican First Ladies have done tripwise.

As far as Gov. Christie, he is going to repay some money for helicopter rides. He is going to pay for that in many ways during the campaign.

BBQMan, look at facts; Christie did misuse helicopter usage, Laura Bush took several overseas trips without the W., liberals are in charge of the White House.

Enjoy life in The Villages. Have an ice-cold Yeungling.
You love the word "entitled" (quit trying to make me laugh. these are serious issues. well.......maybe not)
  #57  
Old 06-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Hancie,

Mrs. Obama is not the first First Lady to travel overseas without the President. Did you get your shorts in a wedgie when Laura Bush did it? Who paid for Laura and her entourage (including a daughter)? http://www.arts.mcgill.ca/history/fa...tripabroad.htm

Second citing is from your Bible - Fox News.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,182007,00.html

Maybe you should research before you post.
Let me assure you that I only have one Bible and it is not Fox News. Now to your point about research, maybe you should stick with the issue here and not get off message. The original post dealt with the Governor of NJ traveling on a State owned helicopter. All I was introducing to the discussion was that it's not just the Governor of NJ who is traveling on taxpayer expense and he stayed within the State of NJ where he is Governor 24/7


Troppo presto vecchio e troppo tardi intelligente.
  #58  
Old 06-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hancie,

You were trying to say that even though Christie used his helicopter for personal reasons that it is okay for him to do so because Mrs. Obama is going to use taxpayer money to do an official trip to Africa. Mixing apples and oranges, dude. One is for personal reasons (attending his son's baseball game) and the other is an official visit.

I did stay on point by showing it is a duty for First Ladies to make official trips even without the President. It is something that goes as far back as Mrs. Kennedy.

Your Italian and German messages mean nothing to me. If you want to say something, say it so it can be understood.
  #59  
Old 06-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Tbugs, you read minds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbugs View Post
Hancie,

You were trying to say that even though Christie used his helicopter for personal reasons that it is okay for him to do so because Mrs. Obama is going to use taxpayer money to do an official trip to Africa. Mixing apples and oranges, dude. One is for personal reasons (attending his son's baseball game) and the other is an official visit.

I did stay on point by showing it is a duty for First Ladies to make official trips even without the President. It is something that goes as far back as Mrs. Kennedy.

Your Italian and German messages mean nothing to me. If you want to say something, say it so it can be understood.
Amazing that you have the ability to read my mind and what I was trying to say.

The translation of my message could have be done on Google, but I will save you the trouble. It was an expression that my Mom used to explain why some folks act the way they do. Having lived in The Villages for quite some time and reading the posts on TOTV and how a topic that gets started and then changes to other completely unrelated points, makes me think my Mom had it right.


Too soon old and too late smart.


ps. News flash from NJ reports that Christie is reimbursing the State for the helicopter ride. Does that make you happy, or will you join in with the discussion about Governor Christie's weight now and other equally important issues?
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.