Great Obama Depression in Real Wages

Old 06-03-2011, 02:28 PM
n/a

US Manufacturing growth is substantially negative, the House Market continues downward and the private sector has produce little job growth.

Obama promised his policies would be "smart". His solutions a 2009 $814 billion stimulus and successive budget budgets (25% of spending)that raised the federal debt to its $14 trillion. Obama response was to re-reorganize two industries health and finance which werew not well thought out, poorly defined and so complicated that people across the country are in disarray trying to work through the numerous rules and regulations. I referer to two 2,000 page policies known as ObamaCare and the Dodd-Frank Law both of which also missed their marks.

Yet economic growth remains well under 3% with experts predicting no recovery in sight We owe more than $4 trillion more today than we did just two years ago. In 2008 our ratio of public debt toGDP was 40%, Today it is 68%. Make no mistake Obama owns this economy whether he or his administration deny it. We need a leader that can add and subtract
Old 06-03-2011, 02:51 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
Richie. I want to again thank you for placing the entire blame for our economic problems on Obama. 2 unfunded wars,tax cuts for the rich and unfunded medicare probably had nothing to do with it. To put it bluntly your premise is a joke and anyone who believes it really needs to get through the hatred and start looking at the facts.
You know if it was a GW Bush in the White House you would do the same and worse.

He's the president, he's running the show, the end result is all his. He'll answer for it pretty soon, I think.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:50 PM
n/a

You can believe want you want. But when the US dollar is replaced by some other invented fiat currency I really hope you will enjoy the change in your life style.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:54 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figmo Bohica View Post
You can believe want you want. But when the US dollar is replaced by some other invented fiat currency I really hope you will enjoy the change in your life style.
What's the Chinese currency?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:44 PM
n/a

Default Lets Put This in Perspective

The economy was losing seven to eight hundred thousand jobs a month toward the end of the Bush administration. Fiscal irresponsibility on the part of the Bush administration and a general abandonment of the middle class by Big Business are the reason for the depth of this recession.

Being a mouthpiece for the Republican Party doesn't establish facts.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:04 PM
n/a

Default Does anyone know what an H-1b Visa is?

[QUOTE=RichieLion;359212]What Depression?; this depression

No one can do much to save jobs from going overseas when US corporations can pay Indians twenty cents on the dollar. During the Bush administration the H-1b visa level was 185,000 per year even during the recession of 2001. The H-1b visa level is now 65,000. The Democrats are responsible for lowering something that the Corporate Republicans used to lower wages for the first six years of the Bush administration.

For those who are not familiar with the H-1b visa, it is a visa that lets foreign professional level workers into the US. The H-1b visa is good for three years, renewable for another three by the sponsoring entity. The average H-1b visa holder is an indentured servant who earn less than the American that they replaced. Roughly fifty percent of H-1b visa holders don't leave the country when their visa expires.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:55 AM
n/a

Quote:
Fiscal irresponsibility on the part of the Bush administration and a general abandonment of the middle class by Big Business are the reason for the depth of this recession.
Simply not true.

This was the main thing that got the ball rolling. Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac. Let's also not forget that the Democrats controlled both houses of congress for the last two years of the Bush Admin. To lay all the blame on the Bush Administration, is nothing but partisan blindness... and something else, but I'll leave that one alone.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMnSp4qEXNM&feature=related[/ame]
Old 06-04-2011, 09:19 PM
n/a

Default Yes, Two years

[QUOTE=dklassen;359636]Simply not true.

This was the main thing that got the ball rolling. Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac. Let's also not forget that the Democrats controlled both houses of congress for the last two years of the Bush Admin. To lay all the blame on the Bush Administration, is nothing but partisan blindness... and something else, but I'll leave that one alone.

Don't hold back your punches, I can take it. The Republicans controlled Congress for at least eight years prior to 2008. They got us into Iraq. They destroyed the budget surplus. This wasn't only Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. All of Wall Street was on the risky mortgage band wagon. The Republican President joined the lawsuit that killed the electric car in 2001.

You neglected to keep in your quote from my post the seven to eight hundred thousand jobs a month that we were losing during the latter Bush Administration.

You said "partisan blindness"? Quotes from FOX news hardly constitutes unbiased evidence.

One thing I will admit is that Clinton caused the demise of Glass-Stiegel. It was the law that separated the banking and investment industries.

I was a Republican until the evidence became overwhelming that they were a danger. I also listen to Pat Buchanan. Remember him? He left the Republican party because he wasn't on board with offshoring jobs.

I reiterate; quotes from FOX news are not unbiased evidence.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:41 PM
n/a

I don't think Fox news had anything to do with the live congressional hearings. Crap sakes, it's right in the video in their own words! But despite what you think about Fox news, it is all true that Bush tried to get Fannie and Freddie regulated before they collapsed. They knew what was about to happen. The Democrats blocked it all. How convenient the left never wants to talk about that. They controlled the congress. Many of those same people are still in power today supporting Obama and demonizing the Republications.

Funny how Fox is continuously demonized but ABC, CBS, NBC and MSNB are unbiased gospel to the liberals. So what news is the unbiased evidence?

Yes, blindness...

Obama = free pass no matter what he does or says and no matter how bad the economy gets... yes, blindness. There's a lot of that here.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:28 AM
n/a

Default MSNBC has a liberal bias

CSPAN2 doesn't editorialize hearings. The video above put on youtube by NakedEmperorNews is one of many anti Obama videos that were uploaded.

I don't know enough about Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae to tell you that they were or were not at the root of the recent mortgage crisis, but they were the tip of the ice berg. Who is guilty for the mortgage crisis? Alan Greenspan, Bill Clinton, and the CEOs of most of the major banks in the US. There is a video on Netflix about Brooksley Born. It is called the Warning. It is an eye opener.

Medicare and Social Security are in danger, less from looming deadlines twenty and thirty years down the line than a willingness by many in Congress to get rid of them. Social Security costs the employer a dollar for every dollar that the employee is charged. Medicare is the backbone of every retirement health plan public and private. Do we dare hand the Republicans the power to get rid of the two plans by putting them in power?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.