Israeli Prime Minister's Speech to Congress

Old 03-03-2015, 05:51 PM
n/a

Default Israeli Prime Minister's Speech to Congress

What did people think of his speech today?

I watched it live .. the single most important point he made is the West can not allow the marriage of Militant Islam and nuclear weapons. Wow did that ever resonate ...
Old 03-03-2015, 06:19 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
What did people think of his speech today?

I watched it live .. the single most important point he made is the West can not allow the marriage of Militant Islam and nuclear weapons. Wow did that ever resonate ...
Just kept thinking that that is what a REAL leader looks like. Then I thought of Obama and shriveled with embarrassment.

The juvenile and INCREDIBLY PETULANT Democrat response was cringe-worthy!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:26 PM
n/a

What exactly were Bibi's recommendations and suggestions today? His speech today sounded almost exactly like his speech in 2003 when he was advocating war with Iraq and how that would make the world much safer.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:43 PM
n/a

perhaps you did not listen to the entire speech...he reaffirmed that the alternative to this deal was not war, but a BETTER DEAL, and also the pressure of sanctions which were working well enough to bring Iran to the table but which were lifted by our administration for some illogical reason. he reminded us that Iran needs the deal more than we do...their economy was terrible with the sanctions and they want to hold on to power... i also thought i was witnessing a great leader who brought tears to my eyes for different reasons than nancy pelosi's, and his statement that the days of jews accepting genocidal regimes placidly were OVER and that if he had to stand alone, he would....unfortunately, i think that may be the case.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:54 PM
n/a

The speech was exactly what you would expect to hear from a leader. No apologies, no wavering, simply stating the facts and what needs to be done. The community organizer's reaction to the speech(that he didn't listen to) looked like anger. How dare someone question the King of the world. Disgusting. And then the dems chastising the Prime Minister afterwards and calling him a child was unbelievable. I believe they were all running from the truth and that is the reason for the reaction. I am so disgusted with what is happening because of Obama I am shedding the real tears that Pelosi probably faked. God Bless America and deliver us from this evil. Amen
Old 03-03-2015, 07:01 PM
n/a

Bibi rocks, but unfortunately Israel will have to go it alone against Iran if it wants to survive. Nuclear weapons are a game changer. Iran lobs one at Israel, via missile or more likely via a terrorist, and there really isn't the time to take weeks or months and definitively determine the source of the fissile material. By the time you do that your country is destroyed.

This compressed time frame between attack and counter-attack is problematic. Failure to respond in kind within minutes risks complete destruction. The chance for a nuclear volleyball game in the mideast is real and growing more likely as Iran approaches nuclear weapons capability.

At any rate, North Korea is producing nuclear weapons as fast as it can and it will only be a matter of time before they sell some to terrorists to attack the Great Satan (USA). Will the US respond before the country of origin of the material is determined? The risks of failing to respond are devastating. These nuclear war "what ifs" are being constantly war-gamed. The unfortunate part is that your enemy in some scenarios DOES NOT concern itself with MUTUAL ASSURED DESTRUCTION! What then?
Old 03-03-2015, 07:24 PM
n/a

Quote:
Bibi rocks, but unfortunately Israel will have to go it alone against Iran if it wants to survive. Nuclear weapons are a game changer. Iran lobs one at Israel, via missile or more likely via a terrorist, and there really isn't the time to take weeks or months and definitively determine the source of the fissile material. By the time you do that your country is destroyed.

This compressed time frame between attack and counter-attack is problematic. Failure to respond in kind within minutes risks complete destruction. The chance for a nuclear volleyball game in the mideast is real and growing more likely as Iran approaches nuclear weapons capability.

At any rate, North Korea is producing nuclear weapons as fast as it can and it will only be a matter of time before they sell some to terrorists to attack the Great Satan (USA). Will the US respond before the country of origin of the material is determined? The risks of failing to respond are devastating. These nuclear war "what ifs" are being constantly war-gamed. The unfortunate part is that your enemy in some scenarios DOES NOT concern itself with MUTUAL ASSURED DESTRUCTION! What then?
Previous post continued...

What then....indeed! Do you preemptively attack based on a fear? Is that justifiable? Do you have to wait to be attacked? If you do wait, then the trigger must be nearly instantaneous in response or your risk annihilation. If you're going to get annihilated anyway...the likely outcome in any nuclear exchange between Iran-Israel...why hold back on your retaliation? (by Israel)

These nuclear scenarios in the middle east are devastating. All capitals and major cities do not survive. Actually just a lot of glass and very few survivors. Then there's the radioactive fallout and uninhabitable land for 50,000 years. These are bad outcomes, with lots of religious overtones, permeated with a lot of craziness and delusion. The one certainty is that if the nuclear option is ever played, the result will be devastating and nearly instantaneous. With so many crazy martyr types in the area, it certainly does not bode well for Israel.

Why Obama gets his feelings hurt, and why he places his bruised ego above the threat to Israel's very survival, is beyond normal comprehension. Obama is a narcissist extraordinaire, and his illness no doubt clouds his greater judgement. This is not an inconvenience to Israel, this is a threat to this tiny nation's very survival.

The real question I have is... why do American Jews OVERWHELMINGLY support Obama (AND vote Democrat!) when he doesn't support Israel?
Old 03-03-2015, 07:32 PM
n/a

Bibi's comments from yesterday were very profound....especially when he said you (the USA) are worried about security...we (Israelis) are worried about survival.

I find the dems reactions today and especially Obama's comments about nothing new (from the master of nothing new) to save face in front of the Iranians.

Just who do you think would be a more reliable partner for a nuclear free, peaceful mideast....the leadership od Iran the haven of and supporters of worldwide terrorism or the leadership of Israel? No contest.

I personally liked the brass of the leadership of Israel of days gone by. When, if ANYBODY harmed or threatened Israeli interests they were counter attacked before the next day went by. The Israelis have moved to far in the diplomacy direction with those who do not respect diplomacy.

Who do you think knows the Iranians better.
Bibi?
Obama?
Kerry? ()
Susan Rice ()

We are in a mode of do anything to get a deal and do not rock anybody's boat along the way. Remember how that worked getting the ACA rammed down everybody's throat.

The Iranians could have Obama, Kerry and Rice sold on the value of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.....while it is sinking!!!

The corner this administration has boxed us into is an embarassment to the entire world.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:42 PM
n/a

I had several reactions

1. Bibi is obviously a genuine leader, "presidential" in ways Obama can never hope to be

2. If we allow Iran to get nukes it is a mortal threat to Judeo-Christian civilization ... Ie the Islamic crazies will definitely attack us at some point

3 if Obama truly allows Iran a path to nukes he has to be impeached
Old 03-03-2015, 08:01 PM
n/a

Since this IS THE political forum... is there not a single democrat voter out there willing to share why they vote democrat when that vote is to leave Israel to defend themselves in an incredibly hostile neighborhood?

For the record, I'm not Jewish or Israeli, but I do recognize that there's an unusually large percentage of that ethnicity/religion that ADVANCES human civilization. What has Islam contributed in the last 1000 years? Just curious how many Nobel prizes have been awarded to citizenry of middle east countries?

CRICKETS.......................................... .................................................. ....

Israeli citizens and companies are constantly inventing new things to further mankind and aid in cures for diseases. Islamic owned companies "not-so-much"... or actually not at all!

Given everything... everything that Obama and the Democrats have done AGAINST Israel, why do American Jews continue to vote against their homeland's very existence? I ask this in all absolute sincerity.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
I had several reactions

1. Bibi is obviously a genuine leader, "presidential" in ways Obama can never hope to be

2. If we allow Iran to get nukes it is a mortal threat to Judeo-Christian civilization ... Ie the Islamic crazies will definitely attack us at some point

3 if Obama truly allows Iran a path to nukes he has to be impeached
The very unfortunate precedent has been set that I fear will happen with Iran. Obama/Kerry are so intent on the task of making a deal they will be very short on understanding of what they actually give away or bought into.

Remember Nancy Pelosi's famous comment after railroading the approval of ACA....now we will have to read it to see what is in it.

One can hear the Iranian negotiators going to their room at night high fiving to the chant....we got this.

It is the future of the free/christian world in amateurs hands.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:21 AM
n/a

Netanyahu was interrupted some 40 times with bipartisan applause during his speech today.

Barry seems like he's sulking by REFUSING to meet with the leader of one of our greatest allies. Why does Obama get such strong support from American Jews when he holds them in such contempt?
Old 03-04-2015, 10:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Since this IS THE political forum... is there not a single democrat voter out there willing to share why they vote democrat when that vote is to leave Israel to defend themselves in an incredibly hostile neighborhood?

For the record, I'm not Jewish or Israeli, but I do recognize that there's an unusually large percentage of that ethnicity/religion that ADVANCES human civilization. What has Islam contributed in the last 1000 years? Just curious how many Nobel prizes have been awarded to citizenry of middle east countries?

CRICKETS.......................................... .................................................. ....

Israeli citizens and companies are constantly inventing new things to further mankind and aid in cures for diseases. Islamic owned companies "not-so-much"... or actually not at all!

Given everything... everything that Obama and the Democrats have done AGAINST Israel, why do American Jews continue to vote against their homeland's very existence? I ask this in all absolute sincerity.
Good question ... I really don't understand how American Jews who for the most part are strong Israel supporters (like me except I'm Catholic ), can possibly endorse Obama's current plan for Iran. It's suicide for Israel

Can a Dem supporter who is also Jewish please explain ??
Old 03-04-2015, 10:06 AM
n/a

Maybe Netanblahblah had better remember which country gives Israel the money and supplies them with military equipment before he starts badmouthing.

What do Americans get in return for our investment?
Old 03-04-2015, 10:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Maybe Netanblahblah had better remember which country gives Israel the money and supplies them with military equipment before he starts badmouthing.

What do Americans get in return for our investment?
Any ally that would have our back if needed. From your post I'll assume you don't understand that concept.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.