Harassment on Talk of the Villages.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:52 PM
n/a

That should keep you busy...everyone needs a hobby.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:00 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
That should keep you busy...everyone needs a hobby.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:05 PM
n/a

The Moderator obviously is Ignoring whatever happens on the Political Forum of Talk of the Villages but if any of these harassers of me on the Political Forum carry this over to the Regular TOTV Forum please complain in the most vociferous to terms and mention how prolific some of these posters as well as nasty they have been over here against me. This has gone on for what seems like months with some of these people.

They are on my Ignore List. But even with that, I can see what they entitle various new threads.

I am sure that you would like to see these nasty harassers off of TOTV as much as I would.

This is also against the law but I do not want to stress out my family with these creeps' behavior. It certainly is stressing me out a great deal though. And this is intentional on this group's end. As you can see from their posts over the last week or so.

American Association of Law Libraries Past Due books

More intersesting than Wackadoodle's library thread

Cyber-Bullying and Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress (IIED) - South Florida Injury Lawyer Blawg - May 19, 2016

How To Recover Emotional Distress Damages Without a Physical Injury in Florida | South Florida Personal Injury & Car Accident Blog

Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress - FindLaw
Old 06-27-2017, 09:12 PM
n/a

please complain in the most vociferous to terms and mention how prolific some of these posters as well as nasty they have been over here against me.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:17 PM
n/a

Intentional infliction of emotional distress - Wikipedia

I would think I have a very good case against some of these posters but it would take too much money to get it off the ground.

I will talk with some of my lawyer friends though as well as some of my family members.

Also I have been on TOTV since 2007 and love this site but hate how nasty the Political Forum has become as well as how the Moderators are allowing this Political Forum to rapidly go into the toilet because of a few very much out-of-control cyber harassers and stalkers.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:20 PM
n/a

Huh ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2017, 10:25 PM
n/a

I agree the Political Forum has gotten out of control. Personal attacks and inappropriate language should be monitored and after a warning these posters banned from the forum. No reason why we can't have a "civil" political debate without personal vulgar language and attacks.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:32 PM
n/a

Default Harassment on Talk of the Villages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I agree the Political Forum has gotten out of control. Personal attacks and inappropriate language should be monitored and after a warning these posters banned from the forum. No reason why we can't have a "civil" political debate without personal vulgar language and attacks.

Vulgarity depends on perspective. Personal attacks can only exist if one person knows or knows of an individual. I see nothing wrong here since all parties willingly engage on a consistent basis.

Old 06-27-2017, 10:39 PM
n/a

Quote:
Intentional infliction of emotional distress - Wikipedia

I would think I have a very good case against some of these posters but it would take too much money to get it off the ground.

I will talk with some of my lawyer friends though as well as some of my family members.

Also I have been on TOTV since 2007 and love this site but hate how nasty the Political Forum has become as well as how the Moderators are allowing this Political Forum to rapidly go into the toilet because of a few very much out-of-control cyber harassers and stalkers.
Let us know what your lawyer friends have to say, my wife (a retired attorney) says you have no case; 'petty annoyances' do not constitute harassment..

The Political Talk forum is an open forum with voluntary participation. You are not compelled to participate.

No one to my knowledge has threatened you, made physical contact with you, called you at home and left threatening messages, sent threatening emails to you, or otherwise threatened your safety. Had any of these action occurred, you would likely have a legitimate case for harassment.

But, having your feelings hurt as the result of what you perceive to be snide, insulting and insensitive comments (i.e.,petty annoyances) does not constitute harassment...particularly when steps can be taken to ignore such comments.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:53 PM
n/a

Quote:
Vulgarity depends on perspective. Personal attacks can only exist if one person knows or knows of an individual. I see nothing wrong here since all parties willingly engage on a consistent basis.

That's not true. I know none of these people who are making my enjoying TOTV so difficult because of their deliberate targeting of many personal attacks on me over what seems like months. Two have been banned as far as know but probably ten posters still harass me a great deal.

And I believe that we should be able to make vulgar comments about politicians like Obama, Trump, McCain or whoever is in the news at that time. But almost constant attacks-- like telling me that my parents do not love me and other such ****-- should not be allowed. These people do not know my parents. Or saying I am mentally ill. That's defamation. I am not mentally ill. Or, constantly telling me to get a job. That is none of their damn business. These people do not know me. Or calling me lazy, etc. Who do these people think they are!!

And I have repeatedly told these people I have them on my Ignore List but they keep finding ways-- like entitling a thread with something that baits me like wackadoodle in the title-- to draw me out. This is a name they have given me and used repeatedly.

Constant targeting of someone online is harassment. And it is against the law in Florida.

And given my very dark background these people are also intentionally inflicting emotional distress. My dark background is a matter of public record of sorts. That's the Michelle Mitchell murder on my birthday of 2-24 in 1976 and the 41 years of legal developments in that murder investigation. This was in Reno, Nevada. This involves the slaying of six women or so probably by Rodney Halbower. I received the Michelle Mitchell Memorial Scholarship in 1976-1977 along with the late John Picollo. Birthdays have a significant connotation with me because of this history. I have been fighting to help survivors/victims of crimes by getting practical materials into libraries using my four degrees and the contacts I made while getting these. And they are using this good work against me.

I am NOT a PUBLIC FIGURE though. I work for survivors/victims of crimes from the shadows as much as possible trying to contact people who might change policy towards what is in law, public, special and other types of libraries for survivors/victims of crimes.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:10 PM
n/a

Quote:
Let us know what your lawyer friends have to say, my wife (a retired attorney) says you have no case; 'petty annoyances' do not constitute harassment..

The Political Talk forum is an open forum with voluntary participation. You are not compelled to participate.

No one to my knowledge has threatened you, made physical contact with you, called you at home and left threatening messages, sent threatening emails to you, or otherwise threatened your safety. Had any of these action occurred, you would likely have a legitimate case for harassment.

But, having your feelings hurt as the result of what you perceive to be snide, insulting and insensitive comments (i.e.,petty annoyances) does not constitute harassment...particularly when steps can be taken to ignore such comments.
I, for one, have had other posters find my personal pages on other sites, and have posted pictures of me, my home address and phone, which are clearly beyond the scope of replying to posts, and initiating posts in this forum. I feel that by going outside this forum to seek personal information, obtaining that information, then publishing it in this forum is quite unethical, and because I am not an attorney, could be illegal. I have complained to the "administrator" about such actions, and nothing was done.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:12 PM
n/a

If you don't know any of these people, don't let them get under your skin.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:13 PM
n/a

Threatening legal recourse will only make it worse.

Old 06-27-2017, 11:13 PM
n/a

Quote:
If you don't know any of these people, don't let them get under your skin.

I am trying to not allow that.

Tags
talk, villages, harassment

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.